Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
- or
201 results found
-
Indesign Review Panel cutting off comments from the web app.
My boss is leaving comments in the web application and it gets cut off in the Review Panel in Indesign. Took me a sec to figure out, ended up signing into the web app to find out it wasnt showing me all they said.
2 votes -
share for review: links not working
I Create a share for review but the links doesn't work after it's been created.
The link open a page but it don't open the file: spinning blue wheel and "Opening Document” maintain in the center for long…
0 votes -
Share for Review: there was an error updating the artifact. NOT updating!
Adobe InDesign CC 2024
I am working a magazine. The size is pretty large, lots of pictures. I was able to create the Share for Review link, and share it. But I am unable to update. Although, I copy the link, open the address in Google Chrome and my edits show. When I mark a pin resolved, it does not show in my indesign file.
4 votes -
Share for Review: Invitation links are no longer file name
Updated to InDesign V 20.2
Share for Review invitation emails used to include the file name, but now show in the subject and body text as a string of characters. I have multiple files being shared to review daily, and its become difficult and time consuming to find previously shared projects since my email inbox is no longer displaying the names of the files being shared.
1 vote -
Add pins from Indesign to be shared for review
While editing a file in InDesign, I have many ideas or questions to submit to the reviewers audience.
However, I need to wait for all my edition work to be completed and shared for review online before being able to add pins and other comments. This is cognitively quite expensive, and it's not efficient overall.
I wish I could add pins and comments right from InDesign (= new items in the Verify panel), to be published with the next "Share for Review" push.
That way, I would comment at the exact time a question pops up in my…1 vote -
Share for Review (15.1, ie. June 2020) color shift due to corrupt blend mode overlays
I feel like we've seen these kinds of issues before. But I noticed in the new "Share for Review" (InDesign 15.1) colors in a test document are shifting. A quick comparison shows that blend modes aren't been exported properly when sending a document up for "Share for Review."
In the screen shot, you can see what I mean: Top is the Review version as viewed in browser, bottom is the correct version as seen in InDesign. Some of the modes seem ok (Multiply, Normal opacity adjustments). But most blending modes aren’t rendering correctly (Hard and Soft Light look…
4 votesWe’re reviewing this.
—
Adobe InDesign team -
InDesign 21.3 (2026) Share for Review Comments Unmapped on Desktop
This is an ongoing, years-long problem. When people comment via an Indesign Share for review link, the list of comments appears on the desktop app as unmapped/no pins. However, if you view the link online, you can see the same comments with pins where the commenters dropped them. It's a much more cumbersome workflow having to go to a different window to see all of the feedback. I don't know why this continues to be a problem.
InDesign 21.3
macOS Tahoe 26.3.1
Apple M4 Max3 votes -
[ID-4281595] Share for Review Comment Emails Render Raw HTML Instead of Formatted Text
Share for Review email notifications contain raw HTML code in the message body. Comment text is wrapped in visible <pre style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; white-space:pre-line;"> tags that render as code rather than formatted text, making the emails difficult to read. The HTML should be rendered, not displayed as raw markup.
5 votesThanks for reporting this issue.
We are currently reviewing this.
--
Adobe InDesign team
-
InDesign Review feature 'Draw' out of alignment in web vs app
Hello, when i draw an annotation on the InDesign web review feature, it shows up outside of the alignment in the app. This makes the tool unusable for me with clients or as a viable option to suggest to our designers.
Repro
InDesign 16.1 on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 Apple M1 Chip
create an indesign document
share it for review
in the web review tool, use the draw tool to make a large drawing
try to preview the draw tool annotation in the InDesign app1 vote -
'Share for review' showing name of a previously shared document, hasn't recognised which document to share
InDesign 16.0
Mac OS 10.15.7
Chrome Version 86.0.4240.183Share for review should respond to whichever tab is in focus
Steps to recreate.
- Have 2 InDesign documents you want to share for review
- Open one of the files
- Go to share and review, see the filename populated in the panel's field
- Create the share
- Open the other InDesign document
- Go to share and review
Expected: Document that is in focus in the open tab is the file that is being shared
Actual: Previous file's name is still populated. Changing it and sharing creates an error.
And now this has happened,…
3 votes -
share for review completely broken in ID and online
Share for review is completely useless and does not work in the latest release on osX Tahoe. I can see the comments from clients listed in the panel, however they are not marked in the document and when clicked on them it does not show you where. So i have to open the comments in a browser (and its buggy even there!!!) and locate the reviews manuall.y. Also, when i update documents (also in AI), i always get a red popup saying that the file update has failed (although it does not fail and the changes are updated). Anyway,…
2 votes -
Making edits in Share for Review is painstakingly SLLLLOOOOWWWWWWW!
When I click "Resolved", it seems to me that syncing to web might be making it slow. Maybe don't update to web until you're done making your edits. I'm working on a 500-page book. Everything about InDesign for this book is tremendous. Share for Review is by far the weakest link.
1 vote -
Share for Review - Interactive PDF 'Jump to Page' feature not working
Hey,
I have a contents page in my Interactive PDF, that when you click an item on it, it jumps to the corresponding page in the PDF. However, on the Share to Review site, it jumps to the wrong page - always to the page after the one that it should jump to. When I export the PDF normally, it functions as expected, it is only on the Share to Review site that it doesn't work.
Was wondering if a fix could be found for this, as we are having to explain this to clients every time we send a…
1 vote -
Share Review Highlight tool not showing on the desktop version
I am using Version 16.0.1 x 64 and decided to test Share Review. I noticed that the highlight tool Is only showing in the online version. When I activate the comments on the desktop Version I see that there should be a comment on that page but doesn't show the text to be highlighted. (I tried Changing the colour of the highlight and still Not showing) - I am leaving the comment as a guest.
2 votes -
Errors when using the Share for Review feature with highlight, strike-through and replace text.
I have the InDesign v. 18.0
Everytime I use the Share for Review feature, no matter where I highlight, strike-through or replace the text, the place where I want to make the suggestion is never accurate. If I try to highlight a text, when I see it the InDesign program and click the review in the Review window, it just brings me to a different page. The highlighted text isn't even highlighted at all. Same with strike-through and replace text. Of course, I can see the comment within the Review window, but when I click it, it usually brings up…1 vote -
Share Review Highlight tool not showing on the desktop version
I am using Version 16.0.1 x 64 and decided to test Share Review. I noticed that the highlight tool Is only showing in the online version. When I activate the comments on the desktop Version I see that there should be a comment on that page but doesn't show the text to be highlighted. (I tried Changing the colour of the highlight and still Not showing) - I am leaving the comment as a guest.
2 votes -
String "%extensions.comments.panel.title" is showing for Review panel name.
In the newest version of app indesign there is an untranslated string.
Adobe - Can you fix this?6 votesThe fix is now available in the latest InDesign update, 15.1.1
Please update to the latest version to get the fix.
—
Adobe InDesign team -
Share for review suddenly aligned left
Since a few weeks ago (maybe longer) I've noticed that when viewing documents in Share for Review (I think this happens in Illustrator as well as InDesign) everything is aligned to the left of the screen. I'm pretty sure it used to be centered. I don't think this is a browser-specific issue - I first noticed it in Microsoft Edge but saw the same thing when I opened in Firefox.
1 vote -
Indesign 16.0 crash when I publish for review a specific document
Indesign 16.0 crash when I publish for review an indesign document contain 36 pages with some AI imports.
I can publish other simply indesign documents.
I can't understand why.
Please help me.1 vote -
Share for Review: 404 Error, I'm the owner but receive no access
I have hundreds of share for review links that all don't work anymore, neither for me nor externals. They all end up at 404. When I open the indd, I get the message that I'm not permitted to create or update a review link because I'm not the owner — I am. I've tried logging out and back in but that didn't help. My indesign is fully up to date at version 17.3.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?