Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
7734 results found
-
Las acciones de HACER y DFESHACER no están activas
Los botones de HACER y DESHACER no están activos. / The Redo and Undo buttons are not active.
1 vote -
PDF conversion: why do paragraphs get put in separate text frames?
When opening a PDF to edit in InDesign, even a moderately complex document is unusable, because each separate block of text is placed in a separate text frame. Prose works OK, I think, though the frames aren't threaded, but poetry is completely unworkable. See screenshot for an example. Please increase the intelligence of the conversion so that it runs text that is obviously a single piece of text into a single text frame.
1 vote -
OGNI VOLTA CHE INSERISCO UN IMMAGINE SI BLOCCA
Buongiorno, riscontro un blocco totale (il programma non risponde o va in crash) ogni volta che provo a inserire un'immagine in InDesign tramite il comando 'Importa'. Sto usando Windows, i file grafici (JPG/PNG) sono salvati localmente sul mio hard disk C: e il problema si presenta anche su documenti nuovi e vuoti. Desidero assistenza per risolvere questo bug in quanto mi è fondamentale questo programma. Ho scaricato indesign 2026, ho fatto l'aggiornamento 11 giorni fa
1 vote -
Alt-text icon behaviour has changed for the worse
The annoying (T) icon that the relatively new alt-text system sticks all over the place, you used to be able to remove by setting the Object Export Options, Alt Text Source to "decorative". You now have to use 'Custom' with an empty field it seems? And if you're trying to remove it for mulitple objects, you first have to put something in the Custom field, save it, go back in and clear it for it to remove the icon. Seriously annoying!
Seems to be since v21.6 this new behaviour's taken hold.
Is this intended behaviour? Can we just not have…
1 vote -
Unable to get kerning value using indesign script
Hi All,
I am using below indesign code to get the kerning value before the endash, the tool is unable to retrieve the kerning value before the En-dash for the pattern [Number][En dash][Number][Discretionary hyphen] when it falls at the end of a line (screenshot attached).
could someone check let me know how to handle?
var splchar = ["ˆ", "ˇ", "˘", "˙", "˚", "˜", "·", "¯", "
", "´", "¨", "", "˛", "¸", "~=", "ˉ"];
var pagesWithKerningIssues = []
app.findGrepPreferences = NothingEnum.nothing;
app.changeGrepPreferences = NothingEnum.nothing;
app.findChangeGrepOptions.includeFootnotes = true;
app.findChangeGrepOptions.includeLockedLayersForFind = true;
app.findChangeGrepOptions.includeMasterPages = false;
…for (i = 0; i <1 vote -
Parent-page overrides get blown away when you sync a book
Fix this glaring defect, please. It's a huge liability, another problem making InDesign error-prone and professionally embarrassing for its users.
We have to go through dozens of chapters, page by page, any time we want to refine our styles across books because of bugs like this. Apparently this is a longstanding one that Adobe just hasn't bothered to fix.
1 vote -
Data Merge Em and En Dashes Import Incorrectly
When em or en dashes exist in CSV text, they import as incorrect characters instead of the correct characters. See images.
I am using InDesign 21.6 on a Macbook Pro running OS 26.7
1 vote -
UXP panel icon
It’s still not possible to use a custom icon for a UXP panel. A generic icon is always used instead.
1 vote -
Alt-text issue: InDesign 21.6 is not recognizing metadata fields filled in on Photoshop files
Just with ID 21.6, this stopped working! I have gen AI turned off. I'm importing images from Photoshop. All the metadata is filled in: Author, Description, Keywords, Copyright, etc. Then I Export > Save for Web, all data except camera info. Then Place in InDesign. When I go to set the alt-text in Object Export Options and specify from XMP:Description, ID tells me there is no data there! I know it is there because I just typed it in! This literally worked just last week on this same file, now it's stopped working.
Expected result: that the alt-text I've already…
1 vote -
Pop ups in indesign ebook. I have created an ebook with clear placeholders for playing videos. but it plays as popup
when there are placeholders for video, it should only play there once the button is triggered. Idea is to read text and also watch video. If the videos come as pop-ups it is very irritating. This was not there earlier. Please resolve
1 vote -
Helvetica(TT)
Helvetica (TT) fonts are not recognized in Adobe 2026 (version--21.6) on windows and mac platforms.
They are working perfectly in Adobe 2024 (version 19.5.5) on both platforms
Can we make sure all true type fonts work in Adobe 2026 as well
1 vote -
Open file after failed open lock
InDesign 2026 (21.5) freezes or hangs when opening a file in the same session as a previously failed open of the same file.
The file is located on a network share that provides native .indd locking support.
- User A opens the file.
- User B attempt to open the file and received a warning that the file is locked. Success.
- User B leaves InDesign open.
- User A Saves and Quits. .idlk disappears. Lock disappears.
- User B attempts to open the file, it opens and is visible in the InDesign UX. But you cannot interact with the file because there is a…
1 vote -
Style Packs tab will not remain closed upon app restart
The Style Packs feature I never use... I'm a traditional InDesign user.
I see its usefulness, but the problem is in Essentials Classic, I cannot get the Style Packs Window tab to remain closed. I close the Tab in InDesign, and when I restart InDesign, it comes right back in this workflow.I want it GONE. I accidentally click it all the time and mess up the styles I have created when I do so. Tabs should REMAIN closed when closed, so there's a bug here.
1 vote -
Problems with variable fonts again in 21.6 version
OMG... old problem again in new InDesign version. (21.6) If I set wariable font to custom weight, (in my case Font is "Josefin Sans", in 700 weight) - I simply can not save the file. What a nonsence!!!!! please fix this ASAP.
1 vote -
Problems with variable fonts again in 21.6 version
OMG... old problem again in new InDesign version. (21.6) If I set wariable font to custom weight, (in my case Font is "Josefin Sans", in 700 weight) - I simply can not save the file. What a nonsence!!!!! please fix this ASAP.
1 vote -
PDF security permissions password
With the new macOS Golden Gate 27.0 (and via the most up to date ID 21.6) when exporting to PDF from InDesign, there appears to be a bug which prevents you keying in a Permissions Password. The cursor is present in the box, but you are unable to type.
This is imperative in our industry, when generating printing proofs. Please fix :-)
1 vote -
InDesign: Add Search / Filter Bar inside the Book Panel to easily locate documents and pages
Feature Request: Add a Search and Filter Bar to the Book Panel (.indb)
Category / Tags
Book Panel | UI & Navigation | Document Management | Workflow OptimizationProposal Body
The Problem:
Navigating large InDesign Book files (.indb) containing dozens of documents and hundreds of pages is currently slow and inefficient. When managing large-scale editorial projects (catalogues, textbooks, manuals), locating a specific .indd chapter or finding which file contains a precise page number requires tedious manual scrolling through the Book panel.Proposed Feature:
Add a dedicated Search/Filter Bar at the top or bottom of the Book Panel (modeled after the…1 vote -
Macos27 and mouse behavior
I know, I should have waited, but it's good for the dev team to know. Since updating to macOS 27, mouse behavior seems to conflict with InDesign, and to some extent system-wide, but InDesign seems to be affected the most. The cursor is jumpy and feels sluggish. (Small) menu items don't stay open when I need them, and pop-ups close unexpectedly (normally one click opens them and a second click confirms and closes them).
MacBook Pro M4 • macOS27 • InDesign 21.6 • Logitech MX4 mouse on bluetooth (ordered Logi Bolt receiver and a new -non-Logitech- mouse too; will test…1 vote -
InDesign 21.6 does not restore Last Used Settings from macOS print dialog with Canon PS driver
I am using Adobe InDesign 21.6 on macOS Tahoe 26.7 with a Canon imagePRESS C650/C750 using Canon PS Printer Driver & Utilities 4.17.25.
The Canon printer driver itself works correctly. When printing from Apple Preview, all printer-specific settings are correctly remembered under “Last Used Settings”, including paper source, simplex/duplex, resolution, brightness and toner density adjustments.
The problem occurs only when the macOS printer dialog is opened from Adobe InDesign.
Environment
Adobe InDesign 21.6
macOS Tahoe 26.7
Intel iMac 27" 2020
Canon imagePRESS C650
Canon iPR C750 PS driver
Canon PS Printer Driver & Utilities 4.17.25
Printer connected via TCP/IP /…1 vote -
TEXT BOX FREEZE
I use indesign and for about a minute I can drag and move the text box the frame and select all the text within the box but soon it all freezes or locks all of a suddent i try to drag the box i cant, i try to size the box i cant, i try to select text I cannot only one word at a time,
I have attached a word link to the video I need help ASAP I have an assignment due FRIDAY 24th and I cannot solve this. I am using V.21.6 if that helps and It…
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?