Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using eyedropper to copy text attributes crashes InDesign CC 2018

Using the eyedropper tool to copy text attributes crashes InDesign every time.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Marking the issue as ‘Under Review’.
      It has been found that the crash happens while trying to copy the text from table using Eye Dropper tool. Issue is consistently reproducible on Mac. As of now issue is not observed on Windows.
      Thank you for reporting the issue, we are currently investigating into the root cause.

• Distorted Text and Graphics in high sierra

When opening a previously created file, I noticed small visual artifacts in the rendering of vector graphics in the file. As I zoomed in to inspect it, the artifacts began jumping all over the place, and as I zoomed in further, text on the page began presenting the same behavior.

Using InDesign 2017.1, Build 12.1.0.56 on a 2016 Macbook Pro (2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM), running macOS High Sierra 10.13.

19 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We have isolated this issue and it seems this issue is specific to macOS 10.13 with specific Intel graphic cards on machines. We are actively working with Apple for possible resolution of this issue and will keep you all posted once we have more information from Apple.

• Indesign CC 2018 Crash

Issues with the updated Indesign crashing when inserting any text or images. Comes up with Indesign stopped working crash error.

Major issue as this is part of my job... How do I revert back to the old one whilst this is fixed??

Thanks

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • CC2018 exporting pixelated PDF

Every export setting is giving same result.. Some have hidden items showing up. all have pixilations. Illustrator is exporting perfectly, I use 1 of 2 export settings for everything we do here.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Do PDFs appear pixel-ated even with the default PDF export settings of InDesign?
            Is it happening with all types of documents or with some specific kinds?

In order to investigate into the issue, we would need a sample document and PDF export settings that you are using to generate PDFs.
            In case you are unable to attach any file here, I encourage you to upload the same on any file sharing platform such as Dropbox etc and share the link in the comments section.

• Increasing the number of columns in a text box crashes InDesign repeatedly.

Increasing the number of columns in a text box via the text box dialogue crashes InDesign repeatedly.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  8 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Search field does not work in Open dialogue box

Simple search filename request in the Open dialogue box and the search does not work in InDesign. This works in EVERY SINGLE OTHER APPLICATION KNOWN TO MAN. Just not in InDesign. InDesign is becoming the most unstable app I have ever worked within in over 10 years. Come on Adobe - this is Mac App 101 and you are FAILING MISERABLY. Fix this embarrassment immediately.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Preview on CPU is stuck on. Can not defeat and this is slowing down the application

Preview on CPU is stuck on. Can not defeat and this is slowing down the application. This was happening in High Sierra with Indesign 2017 and now also with Indesign 2018

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • High Sierra, error 4

I'm randomly getting an 'error 4' on certain files I try to open in InDesign and High Sierra. I now know that CC and High Sierra aren't playing nice but downgrading the OS is not an option I have time for.

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once you have clicked OK on the alert box, are you able to open your files eventually without any further problem?
                    It is mentioned that it happens with certain files; further information on that would be required to narrow down the issue.

Where are these files stored when you try to open them? Are they placed on a network location or at some file sharing platforms such as Dropbox etc?
                    We are aware of similar issue but that is independent of High Sierra version.

• overlay panel

Adobe InDesign CC 2017, Mac

I want to do an autoplay slideshow with the overlays panel, but the panel overlaps itself, so it's not possible to click anywhere.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Un-asked for CC Adobe applications running in stealth mode continually bring my Mac to a complete stop for seconds at a time.

Please stop loading my 2009 MacPro / Yosemite / 20GB RAM with stealth Adobe apps that make my computer impossible to use.

I do not need TypeKit, I do not need any of this stuff you force me to have running in the background when I have CC InDesign running. Your apps are killing my productivity, not "enhancing" it.

I am a book designer, I don't use much of your fancy stuff. The only way I can get any work done is to open my clients' files in CC, save the IDML, then quit the CC version and go back…

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Scroll bar disappears in Pages panel

2017.1 Release, 12.1.0.56 x64 build

The pages panel loses its scroll bar and doesn't display all pages. Panel needs to be opened wide to display anything. This cuts off easy access to document's later pages.

22 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need more info  ·  24 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Pixelated Box Cursor is *Not* Fixed by Supplemental High Sierra Update

The support article states it is fixed. This is not the case as the issue is persisting following this update.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Can you please upload screenshot of your “About This Mac” dialog. Please make sure you click “Version 10.13” on this dialog and then take screenshot.

Just wanted to confirm update has been applied properly on your machine.

• InDesign: 2018, newest update erases all user-saved Workspaces

Newest update erases all user-saved Workspaces. Newest update to Photoshop 2018 doesn't...argh.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • All Adobe Products - Cursor Hover is scrolling document and also in field entries

Whenever I hover over a page it consistently scrolls to the right.
                              Whenever I try to add to a field (ie: pixel dimensions in PSD) the number just scrolls like I have my finger held on the button. Tried turning mouse off, using trackpad and restarting 2 times.

Running Sierra 10.12.6 on a mid 20015 MacBook Pro

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • InDesign steals focus in Windows 10

Whenever InDesign launches or performs a task such as PDF export, if the user switches to another application, InDesign will steal the focus back.

This annoyance has been around for quite some time as outlined in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2001514

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • When installing InDesign CS6 on (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6) I get an error.

Tring to install InDesign CS6 and get the error attached on Screen Shot. Things I have tried, I have put the download in the trash and tried to download again, this did not work, I have also rebooted before initialization of download and install, this still does not work.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Import XLSX spreadsheet to an InDesign table: the "-1" problem

1. InDesign CS4 - CC2017

2. Generate an Excel spreadsheet that contains at least one cell with the value "-1". Save as XLSX. Import/place (cmd-d) this file as "unformatted table".

3. the cells with the value "-1" should still have this value.

4. the cells are empty. All other values seem to show up correctly.

Additional information: Working regularly on Annual Reports with 100+ tables, our choice is to import as „unformatted table“ and to do all formatting in InDesign. After changes in Excel, all we have to do is updating the linked tables via the link panel. Table contents…

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • OpenType features With Adobe World-Ready comopser

OpenType adorment in text frame not working. Even the glyph substitution (small blue box on letter) that was working just fine in indesign 2015 nit working anymore

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Document Presets do not work

When I try to start a new file no matter which preset I choose I get an Error Type 0 document is damaged, this bug has been in CC a while, I usually fix it by quitting and restarting InDesign, I suspect it's some kind of caching problem!? Happens in Version 13.0.0.125 & also in versions: 12.1.0.56 & 11.4.1.102 so it's been lurking there a while please fix it soon Adobe, it's a big pan to have to quit when under pressure to get a job done!

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Tagged artifacts are not propery exported to PDF

1. CC 2017.1
                                          2. Create an InDesign Document with correct tagging, articles, etc. Spend hours because there is no simple way doing this without expensive plugins. Our small monthly payment is used to include more important functions like Stock-Photos. Export PDF, correct some minor errors and check it with PAC. You´ll get many Content errors, because artifacts are not properly tagged. Try to solve it in Acrobat with the tags/order/...-panel. Spend more hours with vanishing objects and many other amusing bugs. Find the Preflight-Tool to tag all objects at once.
                                          3. Correct tagging while generating the PDF.
                                          4. Lost my…

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base