Unable to package a file to a server after upgrading to Mojave.
Yesterday we upgraded to 10.14 Mojave and I am not able to package files from windows server. Indesign freezes every time.
I can make packeges from my MAC or from external hard drives. The network is working correctly. On High Sierrea everything worked properly.
Indesign CC 2018: 13.0
Thanks for reporting the issue to us. We need some more information from you to narrow down the problem.
1. Is this issue reproducible with id 13.1 as well? If you are on id 13.0, please upgrade to Id 13.1.
2. Does the issue happen when the document is present on Mac machine but the packaged folder is saved on a network?
3. Does the issue happen when the document is on a network location and the package folder is made on the network location?
4. Is the issue consistently reproducible?
5. What kind of server are you using? Is it shared folder on a Windows machine? Or a dedicated storage hosted on a Windows server?
Thiago Ribeiro commented
I found the reason to me!
Here one more chapter of my quest to discover the error:
I can't package from server with Indesign 2019 and Mojave because the "Documents fonts" folder is in there! When you uncheck this in the package option works! I even can open files normally when there is not that folder in my Indesign file root folder. So .. What Adobe can do now ?? It's a font problem! Hope this help everyone, do a test.
SAME ISSUEs on High Sierra. Both saving and packaging
1. For me, this issue has been reproducible on 14.0 and 13.1. Before I updated the OS to Mohave, I had no issue.
2. I already have issues writing to our Windows based network (IT team is working on it), so I was trying to export the file to my local desktop to transfer over to the network later.
3. The document I was pulling on is on the network location, but I was exporting it to my desktop to avoid potentially not being able to write it on the network, which is a reaccuring issue.
4. Yes. I've tried restarting my machine and installing an earlier version of ID.
5. No idea. And yes.
We have the same problem with Mojave and Indesign (both Indesign CC 2019 and CC 2018), it doesn't crash but takes a very long time to package. 45 mins to package a 20pp document, 20 mins to package a 1pp the other day. Everything worked fine before installing Mojave.
Also same problem InDesign crashes when I go to package something. Packaging to same folder.
Using InDesign 14.0.1 and Mohave 10.14.2
Having a similar issue, trying to package a file that is hosted on a server to the desktop, and indesign freezes when packaging links, using mojave and latest indesign.
Same thing happened to me -- Save/Save As/ Undo all greyed out. Interestingly, it only applied to my 21-pg doc with text and images -- not the single pages images. All docs + images are stored in cloud. I am using InDesign 13.1 on Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. I had saved a previous version, so didn't lose all work. I quit ID and reopened and all seemed to be working again.
Any update on when this is going to be fixed? I can't package to my local MacBook or server
I have the same problem when my stupid IT person upgraded to Mojave while I was away, I am unable to package Indesign files where I use 2019 Indesign CC or 2018 v13.1
I have the latest 2019 CC packages on my laptop using High Sierra and I have no issues.
So when is this going to be fixed, as I don't want to have to manually collate my files, we aren't living in the early 2000s...
Guido Meyer commented
We've got the same issue. we stored our graphics on a windows SMB storage and if we select "refresh linked graphics" indesign gets freezed.
I Just wasted an entire morning trying to package one file....InDesign keeps freezing on me...I am beyond disgusted right now.
Same here, please fix this soon!
I am also having the same issue. I have tried packaging to a network & locally on my MacBook. Neither work.
Same problem with Indesign v13.1 and with v14.0 as well, freezes on packaging. Please fix this issue on Mojave.
I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!!! HELP!!!!!
I'm having the same issue after updating to Mojave and CC 2019. Freezes while 'Packaging the links.' It's making my work impossibly difficult.
I am also having this issue after updating Indesign CC 2019 and updating the Mac OS to Mojave. The application freezes in the "Packaging links (this could take several minutes) and does not go beyond that point. I have to force-quit the application.
Will there be a fix soon. I can't even export to jpeg or png from Indesign.
Same issues here too, since updating to Mojave. Have gone back a few versions of Indesign so as not to stop my workflow. I have also found that the same issue occurs when exporting to jpeg or png, it goes through the motions but no result at the end, works when saving locally though.
I am having the same issue.
Mac OS 10.14
I am trying to package files that live on a dedicated network (storage hosted on windows server) onto my desktop.
It happens every time I try, even after a restart