Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

140 results found

1. 167 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Share for Review strikethrough & highlight from online edits aren't visible in InDesign

InDesign Vs. 16 Share for Review: if the reviewer uses the strikethrough text or highlight option, I don't see these in my indesign doc. I can see the strikethrough text on the browser version, but the highlight disppears completely. The review comment is in both places, just not what it's referencing.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Share for Review fails to update

No issue creating a Share for Review. However updating an existing Share for Review results in an endlessly spinning blue circle and the link does not update.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share Review not showing online "pins"

The comments are marked on web as "Non Mapped Comments" while in Indesign they´re showed in right places!

The comments are synced "n" times before this momment

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Copy and Paste from Share for Review Comments panel not working

You used to be able to copy/paste directly from the REVIEW panel COMMENT when you receive feedback. Now it won't allow you to copy what someone has reviewed and suggested as replacement text. This is very important as it makes it much more efficient to copy it from within InDesign rather than swapping between screens to do it from the browser. Please can you fix this! Thank you!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share for Review: Image Quality

Can we have an option where Share > Share for Review has a high-quality view as opposed to the low-res preview (see file attached- Review (left) and Original (right)) please?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Share for Review is to quickly share a design that is still a work-in-progress with the Reviewer(s) for quick feedback. Since the review opens in a browser for the reviewer, it has to load quickly even on slow networks, that’s why the image quality has been kept low deliberately so that the page loads quickly without long wait times. Using high-res views will slow down the loading of pages in the browser considerably, marring the experience.

Hope this helps.

Adobe InDesign team

9. The link is set to "anyone with link can comment" but it's still requiring a password

I have created a share for review link for others to comment on, however it's requiring them to log into an account even though it's set to "Anyone with the link can comment". This was not the case before, others could comment as a guest. Using InDesign 2024 v19.0.1

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. indesign review keeps reverting to resolved

This happens very frequently.

I will be going through user comments given online in the Indesign Review tab. As I do them I resolve them. This works fine.

But then suddenly and randomly it will just decide to change my filter to show all resolved! Then all the old issues magically appear in the tab again until I go back to filter and unselect the Resolved button.

Then it happens again. And again. It happens only when I go to change something in the document but it doesn't seem to matter what type of issue i'm doing. Replacing text. Deleting,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share for Review SYNC Broken

I use "Share" > "Share for Review" on a Program for review by multiple departments for edits. I received notifications of over 200 edits, but upon opening the InDesign file to begin changes, the "Window" > "Comments" > "Review" Panel data is empty and again says "Create Review".

So the connection from my online review and the source InDesign is broken. Additionally, there is no option to save that online version as a pdf to import the comments via that option in "Window" > "Comments" > "PDF Comments"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released an update to InDesign – 15.1.2

Please update to this latest version and see if the issues you were facing earlier have got resolved.

Remember to check how you are signed into your CC account and if need be, sign out and sign in again. Since Share for Review is a service and dependent on your login to your Adobe ID account, it is important that CCD app is working well with your credentials.

Adobe InDesign team

12. update to v24

For as long as I can remember, dating back to the early single-digit versions of Adobe products, it was advised to make separate backups of user settings that were often found in obscure directories on a user's own computer. I dared to trust Adobe this time around, hoping that the update to version 24 of InDesign and its option to delete old versions, would respect the user settings that I so painfully put together. FAIL. Adobe failed to maintain them and deleted them from existence. Adobe should be putting a disclaimer on their update process to prompt users of all…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share for Review - Critical Scrolling Bug with Large Documents

Indesign Version 17.0

When scrolling in large documents (200-500 pages) the browser-window of Share for Review the screen hops between 3-5 different screens multiple times a second. This bug makes the feature basically unusable. Sometimes it snaps back (maybe after rendering correctly?), sometimes it just doen't.

The bigger the document, the faster the error seems to occur. Working on my 200 page-document with my team is essentially impossible right now.

There is a post about this over here with a video: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/share-for-review-scrolling-bug-with-large-document/m-p/12516079#M452898

Our team has this problem on Mac, Windows - and on Safari, Chrome and Firefox (didn't check other…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. share for review is not working consistently

If I try updating a share for review link the share for review panel freezes as shown in the attached image and nothing happens.
    I have to close and reopen the indesign file for the Share for Review to update the link, but it only works once or twice, before it begins to freeze again.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue was fixed in InDesign v15.1.2 and later.

Please update to the latest available versions and see if the issue(s) you were facing earlier has got resolved.

Remember to check how you are signed into your CC account and if need be, sign out and sign in again. Since Share for Review is a service and dependent on your login to your Adobe ID account, it is important that CCD app is working well with your credentials.

InDesign team

15. Multiple Share for Review Issues

I work with a team of 6 designers and we are all experiencing regular and multiple different issues with Share for Review – we are all using the latest version 2021 and are needing to try multiple things each time with varied results to get Share for Review to work – these include:
    1. Restarting Indesign
    2. Logging and in about of Adobe CC
    3. Trashing preferences
    4. Saving a file Copy

Ths is extremely frustrating, wasting a lot of time and energy and money – I am sincerely hoping you are aware of all of these issues and are…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. page range for publishment in 'share for review' is set by last print/export job

When sharing for review, the published document can be limited to a certain page range, because it takes that setting from the last print/export job. The only workaround is to first reset that range in the print/export window. Then publish for review to see all of the pages.

Being able to select what pages to share (or not) would be a nice feature in the 'share for review' interface. This way, I would not have to make versions, separating artwork ready for review, and artwork that is not.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share for Review from InDesign Book 'artifact' error

When I try to share chapters from a book for review the Share for Review either doesn't function beyond clicking the 'Share for Review' 'Create New Review' or populates the details with the wrong file name and then fails to proceed (giving an 'artefact' error.

I solved it by doing the chapters one at a time with no other chapters open and the InDesign Book closed - but it took me a few hours to work this out.

Even when doing the chapters separately their Title Field of the Share for Review document is sometimes the previous document's name and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Scrolling loop

I have a scrolling bug in the share for review feature. Even in a small file of 10 pages, when scrolling too quickly up or down. The scroll gets stuck in some kind of loop, only reloading the page seems to solve the problem. Tried on 2 different macbook pro's and an Imac running Big Sur and High Sierra.

In the attached video, you first see me scrolling 'gently' which doesn't cause any problems, but after 'flicking' the mouse pad / magic mouse a few times it gets stuck in this loop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share for Review is showing files in low res very blurry

I'm using PSD files linked in my InDesign, they look blurry like low res even the fonts used in the PSD https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:4e60c8e1-8ba1-46f0-af66-23ef2b71ac21?view=published

Is there any option to share for review low res or high res please let us know, but I don't remember this happening to me before, they were shared always clear.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. share for review stuck on loading

As mentioned, share for review window is stuck on loading and doesn't proceed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base