Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publish Online URL links breaking website functionality

File Created in Indesign CC 2017

I have created a test interactive document with links to product DG012 on our company website.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/da74b2d3-46b2-40cf-99e2-8201ddc6248a

When the link is clicked from publish online it opens the page but seems to disable all scripts that run on the website. e.g. search field and add to cart no longer functions on that page.

The website itself functions correctly if you navigate to the link manually ( http://www.lockhart.co.uk/Table-Service-and-Buffet/Buffet-Display/Display-Stands/Rafters-F usion-1-2-Board~p~DG012 ).

Interestingly in safari the add to cart button functions but the search field is still disabled.

On closer inspection it seems to be an iframe…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FIXED  ·  15 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot resize Epub Interactivity Preview panel

I can not resize the Epub Interactivity Preview Panel at all.
    I am using the latest InDesign CC 2018.

SWF Preview panel is fine.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. World-Ready composer breaks hyperlinks for Publish Online

When the WR composer is applied to text, it breaks hyperlinks when the document is published via Publish Online. The hyperlinks work fine when the document is sent to PDF. The hyperlinks work fine when the WR composer is changed to the Adobe Paragraph Composer.
    This is to correct the title of this bug report, please reference it: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/33786565-publish-online-breaks-hyperlinks

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

5. HTML Export Endnotes with Hyperlinks

Version: InDesign CC 2018 - 13.1

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use the endnote feature and in one of the endnotes (preferably after the first one), add a hyperlink.

2. Export the InDesign document to HTML

Expected Result: All endnote references are hyperlinked and the numbers for each endnote are backlinked back to the reference.

Actual Result: Endnote number is missing for all endnotes after the hyperlink that was added to the endnote and no linking occurs after the manual hyperlink.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 14.0.3

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

If you are unable to see the update yet, go to Creative Cloud desktop application, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right corner and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 14.0.3
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

6. Publish Online

On Android phones and tablets: Publish Online skips pages when trying to swipe from page-to-page in certain Publish Online documents.

The thread on the forums is here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2419718

The documents that have been reported to exhibit this behavior include:

1, "Five Days from Nowhere," found here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/publish-online.html

2. And also this document that's in my Publish Online gallery
    https://indd.adobe.com/view/ab79b8c6-1265-44e3-aeae-7dccfb89cd94

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed: Fixed  ·  6 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Endnotes in epub2 don't work when using split document by paragraph style

After exporting to a reflowable epub 2.0.1, endnotes don't work when you have selected to split the epub using paragraph styles based on export label.

Thanks in advance
    Gert

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. InDesign Publish Online Not Clickable on Windows in Chrome or Firefox

Working in: Adobe InDesign CC 2018

We recently published a guide online using Adobe Publish online. The clickable elements (buttons, interactive elements) are not clickable on touchscreen PCs in Chrome or Firefox, but the touchscreen works (not as clean, but works). This issue is not present when the PC users are in safari or internet explorer. All content was created and published on a Mac, and no macs have had an issue.

The content is private, but I can send the guide to anyone from Adobe on a person-person basis.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Online Published Documents show a blank screen after clicking PDF download button.

Online Published Documents show a blank screen after clicking PDF download button. Mac Safari & Chrome, Windows 10 & Chrome.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/023d4ab5-2ffd-4a9c-9b15-cc64ef1d4c27

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting the issue. We need some information around the issue which may help us in narrowing down the root cause:

1. Does it happen with the latest InDesign version 14.0.1 ?
    2. Is it document specific or happens with all the documents with PDF download capability ?
    3. Which type of accounts are you using : Paid or Trial or something else ?
    4. Please specify your Platform, OS version and Browser information

A short video depicting the issue will be very helpful

10. Character Style "Include Classes in HTML" checkbox removes whole tag

The "Include Classes in HTML" checkbox doesn't work for Character Styles. Whereas paragraph styles and object style export without the class, character styles actually export without the tag at all—losing any formatting for that style. This is the case both in HTML and EPUB export.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copying animations loses timing panel settings

When copying/duplicating animations (using ANY method), the timing panel settings are completely lost. This is really bad for complicated animations. The timing panel settings should be maintained when animations are copied/pasted or duplicated in any way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Rolloff" in Animationpanel not working in CC2017 / CC2018 / MAC / WINDOWS

I am working on a diplom project right now, and faced a really annoying bug in InDesign. I want to create a rollover bar, wich slides up when I rollover / hover with my mouse over a certain object. I know without any kind of problems how I am able to create something like this, but my problem is, that the object simply wont return to its destination where it came from, when I rolloff it again, like going away with my mouse. It stays on its place once the animation has been completed, and when I hover over it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. publishing not working in chrome, FF

I am using indesign 13.1. I have several published documents that are suddenly not working in FF and Chrome, but are working in Safari.

For example, click on read now on this page:
    https://merce-cunningham-bm.now.sh/history-detail

or this page:

https://sfarts.org/monthly.cfm

In Chrome -- nothing happens. But those pages work in Safari.

Those two documents were created by different companies, so it is not an indesign intallation issue, as the support chat person insisted.

These pages have been working well for a long time.

I am the only one affected by this? Seems unlikely....

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Publish Online Dashboard Fails to Show Analytics

The analytics information will not load for individual documents or in the overview tab for documents published online from InDesign. I have found this to be a problem on macOS Mojave and Windows 10 using multiple web browsers including Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

When attempting to use view analytics or delete the online document, nothing occurs on the Document Trends page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Embedded Publish Online doc fails in Firefox

Embedded Publish Online pages do not behave properly (i.e., go to full screen mode) in the latest release of Firefox 62.0.3 on Mac.

Please go to these two websites and click on the embedded document. It will attempt to go to full screen, but the cover only is jammed in the upper left corner of the screen. You can't navigate or do anything to fix that I've found. This is a serious problem, as many people have embedded Publish Online pages in their websites.

http://www.andreanienhaus.de/
    http://www.atlasdergisi.com/dijital/yaban-karacadag.html

Could someone else check this with Firefox and let me know the result?

And…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Publish online - embedded videos no longer playing in Chrome

Have created an InDes file with embedded videos that I published online. Up until recently, all the videos have been playing in Chrome fine, however now they don't play. It loads the video, but when I click the play arrow, nothing happens. I can scrub through the video with the video controller, but not play it. The videos play fine on Safari.

If I set the videos to autoplay, they do, however there is no way to pause or stop them, so it doesn't work when there are multiple videos on one page.

This is a recent thing, last year…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Images pixelated when published online, if the frame is scaled

Images inside scaled frames can be pixelated when published. It looks like the frame scaling is applied to the resolution i.e. a 10% scaled frame will have 10% of the desired resolution. Reproducible if 'Adjust scaling percentage' preference is set. Setting a higher export resolution in the 'Publish Online' dialogue doesn't fix it.

InDesign CC 2018, probably older versions with Publish online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am using InDesign CC 2017 on my laptop (windows) but unable to use Publish Online feature.

I am using InDesign CC 2017 on my laptop (windows) but unable to use Publish Online feature. Error #1H appears when I tried to publish a document online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Publish Online download PDF kills buttons/interactivity

Steps to reproduce: post a Publish Online document, then click to download a PDF.
    Expected result: all buttons and interactivity would remain.
    Actual result: all buttons disappear and all interactivity is lost. Occurs in both Chrome and Safari, on desktop and handhelds.
    Using ID 13.1 on Mac High Sierra.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Publish Online Dashboard empty

My Publish Online Dashboard doesn't show any of my publications (the section "Document Trends" remains totally empy after I publish or update a document. Though I manage to push the documents online and the share-link URLs do work.

Thx in advance for your concern

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base