Bug details

Imported PDF comments not accurate

1. ID 14 Mac
2. Import PDF comments from file, including strikethroughs, replaced text, comments
3. Some edits NOT SHOWN in ID file, though clearly present when PDF is viewed in Acrobat
4. Faithful transfer of all edits to ID file
(note non-transferred strikethrough of Highlights of Baltics in bottom quarter of screendump)

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

C W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • George Fernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great potential but lacks proper execution. I tried stike-thru replace text for a price within a catalog but the formatting was changed when change was applied through imported comments. It appears that it will not hold format of mixed sizes and styles(size, kern, . Hope this gets addressed quickly because I could really make good use of this tool across department(Catalog, newspaper, packaging, magazine, etc)

• C W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Uwe -- Yes, it's an InDesign table. So many many problems with the Import PDF Comments feature. Not sure for whom it is useful at this stage. For my work it's terrifyingly destructive. I won't touch it with a 10-foot pole until it's better thought out and implemented.

• Uwe Laubender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi C W,
    is your screenshot showing a table done with the table feature of InDesign?
    I found various bugs with comments made to text in table cells.

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and…

If in PDF text corrections to graphics (eps, ai, pdf) are marked with the PDF correction function, they will not be displayed completly when importing to InDesign. Or these are displayed in the wrong position.

• Rainer Klute commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some comments are not shown at the right place in InDesign and if I "accept" them, the change is made at the wrong place.
    Sometimes replacing some characters adds a new paragraph.

With this the whole function is useless because I have to control everything in Acrobat, too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base