Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• or

248 results found

1. Having a handover / sign-off feature when using share for review.

Having a handover / sign-off feature when using share for review. This will inform the 'designer' that the client has completed making comments/changes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Share for Review: Page view instead of Spread View

I am having lots of people reviewing page-oriented instead of spread-oriented documents. (Books, manuals and the like.) Some are asking why they can't view the PDF in Share for Review as a single scrolling page, like in Adobe Reader. I personally don't care, but I have no answer for them. It would be nice, and it seems it would be technically not that difficult, to support single-page view. This would really help people reviewing on a tablet or a phone.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create PDFs from Share for Review link

I am on InDesign 2023
    My co-workers and I would love to have an option to create a pdf directly from the review. Sometimes they want to print out the version, and we have to create a pdf for them, so it's twice the work. This is the main reason why some of my co-workers don't like this feature, and it may end up being a reason our MarCom dept. refuses to adopt it as a way to share comments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share for review file management

Hi, I would like to be able to manage files I shared for review in bulk: sometimes I have a lot of files I want to delete at once, but I cannot find a way to do that (have to delete them seperately and click a confirm button again and again...) If this option already exists, please let me know where to find it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Share for Review - Option to select/highlight text

When an editor is reviewing the document it whould be verry nice to have the option to select a part of a sentence that has to be corrected. Now there is only the option to pin it or draw a shape.

The editor now had to select the text, make a Pin and paste the text that has to be changed in the review box and add the new text.

Ideal whould be to have the option when text is selected the interface makes a new notiation from the selected text and highlights it in the document.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share for Review: Delete comment if the anchor text is removed/edited

Share for Review: Delete comment if the anchor text is removed/edited

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share for review user interface change to the same as shared online PDFs

Really like the Share for Review feature however the interface differs slightly to exporting to pdf and sharing an online pdf. Having explored both ways to get client feedback on designs, although as the designer I prefer Share for Review (the ability to update the link with latest changes and being able to review comments direct in InDesign through the 'Review' tab), the clients find the interface on the online shared pdf easier and clearer to use and less buggy. Could InDesigns Share for Review have the same interface/features as the online shared PDF interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share for Review - support languages

We need support in other languages for instance - Chinese and India languages, possibly more.

I have colleagues globally that we use this feature so they can review translations. When they type in comments, it is only in English. I have no way of testing this but they did send this screenshot (attached). Any workarounds?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move the Share for review search box

The share for review search box is in almost the same place as the type a comment here box, which is really confusing. It's too easy to write a comment rather than search for the text. Also the search box is slap bang on top of the highlight button etc.... so I search for a piece of text that I wanted a comment on and then have to close the search box before I can highlight it, making a long process even longer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share 'Story' for Review (with word limit option)

Similar to sharing the whole document for review, it would be very helpful to be able to share individual stories with their respective authors/managers for review and comment (without them having to have a copy of InCopy or some such).

It could show up similarly to the Copy Editorand allow the proof originator (me, in this case) to limit the word count of the document (so that amendments don't come back overfilling the permitted space).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share for Review - "I'm done" and "approved" buttons would be very helpful.

Share for Review - "I'm done" and "approved" buttons would be very helpful. Setting a deadline for review as well as a nudge reviewers option would also be very helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable the user to select specific pages, spreads or page ranges to share for review

I would like to be able to create a link (to share for review) for specific pages or page ranges, so I can send a stakeholder the work applicable to them and not sharing my whole document with them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share for Review Strikethrough Comments Become Unmapped when Text is Deleted

My editor often uses the Strikethrough text tool in Share for Review. When I delete the specified text, the corresponding Strikethrough comment becomes unmapped. This is a problem in large documents because it is difficult to remember what part of the document the now unmapped comment referred to. My editor needs to be able to confirm that her requested edits were resolved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow individuals to print or save PDF from Share For Review link

Currently you are unable to accurately print a document shared for review directly from InDesign in the cloud service. There should be a toggle to enable the option to do so from the individual sharing the file. Many people like to physically markup documents in addition to their digital comments.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Share for review - zoom in on document with multiple page sizes

I have a document with pages of different sizes, ranging from 4"x3" to 90"x90". When I share it to review and view it in the browser, I can't zoom in on the smaller pages. It's like the maximum zoom value is set by the width of the largest page in the document.

Please let us zoom in/out freely on the documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share for Review should be Save To Adobe PDF Documents as PDF

So I really like the idea of Share for Review but it can be very buggy sometimes and I feel like a lot of the missing or requested features can be found in Adobe Acrobat Online Documents. So instead of having the two seperate systems why not have Share for Review simple be export a PDF directly to the Document Cloud and eliminate the extra step of having to save as a PDF and then upload and or share to get it online for review as a PDF.

The PDF would use whatever quality settings the user chooses and can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share for Review feature notifications settings should be accessible in InDesign, not only Adobe Cloud

The share review feature could use a lot of work. First off, the notification settings should be in InDesign, not Adobe cloud. People don't know to go to Adobe Cloud to adjust notifications, nor did you tell anyone. Also, review comments in InDesign are still a bit glitchy, sometimes the pin or highlighted content does not appear within the editor when viewing review comments. Thanks you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share for Review - Option for reviewers to toggle single page and spread view.

It would be great if the review online interface had the option to view the project as spreads or as single pages.

My coworkers who review prefer to make notes/revisions as single pages, but the publications I create are designed as spreads. It's a pain to go through and share as single pages and then move them back to spreads as I work. It would save me from exporting extra PDF samples to show full layouts when there is so much back and forth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share for review – the necessity of an output preview

For a long time in the printing industry, we did our copies to print with low-resolution PDFs that we send directly to our customers by e-mail. The advantage of this method is that for other participants in the graphic industry, we can show how the documents we received will be processed, thanks to the output preview.

Since most printers don't necessarily print complex layouts and we are concerned with ensuring the quality of the files we receive, I was a little disappointed to see that this aspect of print control was not available in the current version of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Indesign Share for Review User/Stakeholder UI experience

I am finding a lot of user error on my stakeholder's side when it comes time for them to review.

I think some basic information should pop up on how to leave a proper comment when they first access the review or fix it so it is always default to highlight/strikethrough.

For example: They can leave a regular comment just fine, however, I have no idea where in the text the change should be because they don't highlight the text first then click the tool needed. It's a simple step for people who are familiar with these reviews…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base