When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to be able to select multiple table rows that are not connected.

I would like the ability to select multiple table rows that are not connected. For example, I expected to be able to CTRL+Select the rows I want to change the fill color. For example, if I have 20 rows, but I want to select Row 2, 6, 8, 14, and 17 so that I am able to edit the fill color/text color/row height, etc. in those rows only. Currently, I have to do them all individually and in much larger tables (50+ rows.) It's such a pain!

The ability to fill every other row, or every third, etc. in the…

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Soft version of "Update Table of Contents"

If there is a Table of Content, with some correction in it (for example line breaks) and after that, there is a small correction in the content area, which followed by loosing one page. Therefore it would be great, to just update the Page-numbers, instead updating the whole ToC.

(sorry for bad english)

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks a lot everyone for the feedback. I am moving this under review.

3. Bug in Merge paragraph borders

There is a bug in merge paragraph borders of CC 13.1. In thread text frames, the border is displayed immediately after end of paragraph.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move "missing links" prompt to before PDF export dialogue.

Please move the "missing fonts" or "missing links" prompts to BEFORE the PDF naming and features preferences. I makes me nuts when navigate to where I'm dropping the final export, then name it, only to have an alert pop up telling me I'm missing something. I should be told that IMMEDIATELY.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to have list indents work near text-wrap objects

Currently, when text containing bulleted or numbered lists wraps around an object, all indents associated with the list settings are ignored (this might be related to tab settings, since those don't follow the wrap either). The typical workaround is to change the Text After to an en-space and add an "Indent to Here" character, but the en-space trick won't work for numbered lists and "Indent to Here" won't work if the text wrap edge is not perfectly straight vertical. See the attached screenshot for a demonstration based on real work I did yesterday. In order not to disrupt existing layouts,…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. UI – Some Buttons are missing InDesign CC 2020 (OS X)

Hello,

I’ve updated InDesign to the newest version 15.0 (InDesign CC 2020) on OS X.
    And some buttons in the top window border are missing like the percent and the GPU rocket.

Is it possible to put these back?! Or do I have to change it anywhere in the menu? Can’t find it.

Best
    Sascha

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The current Pantone Plus Color swatches (Color Bridge in particular) are not being updated when the Adobe software updated with updates

The Pantone Swatches do not update when updating Adobe software in the cloud. And updating with Pantone Color Manager is completely inane.

I have the most recent update for Adobe (InDesign CC Release 2017.1, and a build of 12.1.0.56 x64) and have loaded the most recent Pantone Color Manager to update the Pantone Plus Color Bridge colors (i started with one color library... updating all libraries would take at least a half day)

After updating:
    1. I can no longer search for colors as I used to, so I manually have to scroll through the whole list to find the…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlining text removes underlines (line above and below)

When supplying PDFs to printers they often/always require all text to be outlined. If you put an underline on any text and than go 'Type > Create Outlines', only the text becomes outlined and it completely removes any underline (line above and below that I've setup in paragraph styles). Expected results: To have the text outlined and retain the line above/below.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Defining a Drop Cap

If you define a Drop Cap in a paragraph style WITH a character style and also define a nested style, if there is a single letter word starting the paragraph, the nested style does not recognize it and will apply the nested style to an additional word beyond the deliminator. For example, a nested style through 3 words will apply to the first 4 if the paragraph starts with "I[space]" or "A[space]". It does not do this if [none] is chosen from the character style dropdown in Drop Caps, but only if one is chosen (even when nothing is defined…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Changing Paragraph Style in InCopy story does not prompt check-out dialog

1. InDesign 13.1 and 14.0 both exhibit this behavior.

2. If you have an InCopy story that is not checked out to you, and you attempt to change a paragraph or character style, the following happens:

3. The style change does not take effect (this is correct)

4. The newly-selected style appears to be selected in the paragraph style panel (incorrect)

5. The "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?" dialog does not appear. (incorrect)

6. I expect the "You must check out the contents of this frame in order to make changes. Check out now?"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide/Filter pages in pages panel AND navigation

I got myself in a workflow where I would have a document having sections organised like that : title page / content page / title page / content page…
    I have to go back and forth between the content pages, and sometimes between the title pages.
    That helps to compare what has changed and what’s consistent between the pages.
    So I try to not distract my eye by either going to the pages panel or by ctrl-page up with the « title pages » interruption (think about the (now long gone) photoshop cmd-Z to undo/redo and spot differences.

If Title…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base