2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

107 results found

1. Collaborative Editing

Create a cloud service for InDesign where files can be worked on by numerous people at the same time. Will help save time and encourage collaboration. Like Google Docs, Slides, etc.

302 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for making this request. In order to understand the use-case more better I have a few questions:

1. Whats the role of the different people working collaboratively on the same file. Are they always only designers or are other personas also involved.
    2. What is the use-case here, some parts of this request suggest an Editorial collaboration whereas others suggest collaboration amongst different designers. I am trying to separate these 2 requests out.
    3. What are the different kind of files (brochures, books, magazines etc) for which this is required.
    4. Does it need to be a web based service, or having the user be able to collaborate on one shared file using InDesign or InCopy on the Desktop will work? What is the advantage you feel over a web-service over the desktop app?
    5. How do you workaround this need today? What are the most important problems with…

2. Bring back sync settings

Indesign needs to bring back the Sync Settings feature. Trying to recreate my workspaces and other settings when I get a new computer is such a hassle. Why would Adobe provide a really useful feature like sync settings and then take it away? With all of the resources of Creative Cloud, sync settings should be at the top of the list for Adobe.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better collaboration between InDesign and Lightroom

For creating photo-books, magazines, or any piece of work which includes photographs, much better collaboration between InDesign and Lightroom should be possible. The ability to view Lightroom collections from inside InDesign, drag and drop into ID, and have those pictures refresh themselves automatically (if they are further edited in LR). I know this could be complex from an export perspective, but the LR book plugin (however basic it is) manages it.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More organization for CC Library files

I love the idea of using CC Libraries, but we have multiple versions of our logo built for different scenarios. We have different size logos built for a range of book spines, different colors depending on background, and logotype versions for specific product lines. Right now, I'm creating shorthand in the name of each element to differentiate them, but having metadata or notes for each item would help a lot. I could see the note popping up when you hover over an item. Another solution would be customizable sections within each Library. That way I could organize the logos within…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Collaborative, Syncing, Files

Add collaborative qualities to files so multiple people can edit at the same time and sync to update. This is VITAL for team work and educational work. Group work and teams will never go away.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for making this request. In order to understand the use-case more better I have a few questions:

1. Whats the role of the different people working collaboratively on the same file. Are they always only designers or are other personas also involved.
    2. What are the different kind of files (brochures, books, magazines etc) for which this is required.
    3. Where is the file on which these different users need to work together on be placed. Should this be on a cloud server, or a shared server.
    4. How do you workaround this need today? What are the most important problems with the current workaround?

6. CC Libraries and data merge

Please enable @datafields to work with asset names in CC libraries or at least open up the CC Libraries to scripting the way normal Libraries are. I have client assets spread over several libraries and the ability to add them programatically on/after a datamerge in some way would be invaluable.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Creative Cloud Libraries to InCopy

InCopy users would find CC Libraries very useful in many situations. Why aren't they part of the CC Library party?

They could import selected graphics from a shared CC Lib to the story (as anchored graphics), same as they can Place them now. They could use them to bring in boilerplate text via linked InDesign text. They could use them to add styles to their standalone InCopy docs (eg, the body style for the INDD file the story will be flowed into). I'm sure there are more uses!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Moving the IDLK temp file

It would be nice to have an option in Preferences to be able to move the temporary IDLK file which is automatically created at the same level as the edited file. Kind of like Photoshop.
    Because if the edited file is located in a DropBox or GoogleDrive (or other) folder, Dropbox or GoogleDrive spend their time updating this file, which is very detrimental in terms of bandwidth and processor occupancy.

Thank you

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Fonts Auto Activation/Deactivation

As a printing company, I have a wide variety of customers using a wide variety of fonts including ones that are part of an Adobe CC subscription. When I open an InDesign file that uses Adobe (online) fonts, give us a preference setting to auto-activate those online Adobe fonts AND to deactivate those fonts when the InDesign file is closed. I can't have a bunch of fonts activated all the time as they COULD interfere with an older version of the font causing type reflow!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Libraries

A really small thing that has tripped me up a more times that I wish to admit is that in Indesign the CC Libraries is called "CC Libraries" however in Photoshop & Illustrator it is just called "Libraries"

If this could become standardised across the Adobe Suite that would be great.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Placing Illustrator file from libraries to allow me to select which artboard I want to place

I have a few Illustrator files that have multiple artboards that I use frequently. I want to be able to drag the Illustrator file from the libraries panel and then be able to select which artboard from the Illustrator file I want to place.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If a graphic file is added to the CC Libraries the default name should be the file name

If I add the file with the name companyX-logotype.jpg to a CC Library it gets the name "Bildmaterial1" (in German – must be something like "image1" in English).

It would be great if the given name would be "companyX-logotype.jpg" instead.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow individuals to print or save PDF from Share For Review link

Currently you are unable to accurately print a document shared for review directly from InDesign in the cloud service. There should be a toggle to enable the option to do so from the individual sharing the file. Many people like to physically markup documents in addition to their digital comments.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Application and workspace settings integrated in Adobe Cloud account

Connect application settings and saved workspaces to Adobe Cloud accounts so all of preferences and workspace customizations are applied at login.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add More Styles to CC Libraries

We'd like to be able to add more styles to the CC Library, i.e. object styles and cell styles. This would be helpful when collaborating on a project.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CC library items - update placed instances after editing library item

This applies to elements created within InDesign and then added to CC Libary.
    If I place instances of the library item into an InDesign document, those instances are not updated if I edit the library item.
    In other words it would be helpful if placed library items would update as they do with the old version of InDesign Library.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Will it soon be possible to add gradients as well as color swatches to the CC Libraries?

We need to import gradients to CC libraries in InDesign as well to provide more detailed design-guideline components for our brands. Will there be a possibility soon? Kind regards:)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Import/export Share for Review comments

The new Share for Review feature is great. I've noticed though that once the file is moved, the comments are lost or no longer linked to the copy of the file. I have also seen that only one person has access to comments (although I have not tested this). This does not seem useful when you think about the workflow of an ad agency, where files are usually started by one person (say an art director), then passed along and finished by others (like a designer or studio artist). If comments can't be passed along with the document, it disrupts…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back the Sync Preferences and settings feature

To get a space the way you want it takes time and effort. To not be able to save and sync our preferences after being able to in the past is like someone coming in your office and taking their hand and raking everything off your desk.... only that would take less time to put back in place than setting up your workspaces in InDesign/ Illustrator/ Photoshop. Going through and setting up your settings and preferences is a hassle but then having to recreate all the template presets on top of it, that is just too much. I thought the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ownership of libraries to the team and global changes

Libraries; Now at the center of every well organized team... but when a team member leaves, every «owned» libraries are deleted... so all the standardized color swatch of a client are gone for the remaining members... PLUS would be great to have a chart of 30 clients and add/remove one new/old user to those 30 libraries at once ! libraries are great; adobe please make them greater :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base