1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improving the various options of footnotes

In one of the latest versions of InDesign, endnotes have undergone a significant upgrade as they have become live endnotes than static endnotes. But unfortunately, the footnotes are left far behind.
    We really ask that you rewrite the footnote feature so that the following features are possible:
    1) Select all the footnotes at once (by Cmd + A or Ctrl + A)
    2) Option to split footnotes into a number of columns is different from the main text (not just span footnotes but complete control over the number of columns)
    3) Continuous footnotes in the same paragraph (run-in).
    4) Possibility…

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

70 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RTL support in Adobe Composer (not Adobe World-Ready Composer)

Adobe's Ready World Composer is designed to provide a solution for RTL languages, such as Hebrew and Arabic. But lots of InDesign features don't work at all. (OpenType by Frame, Flush Space, Optical Margin Aligment and more ...)
    Instead of fixing this composer, I suggest that the regular composer also will support RTL writing.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for Case Transformation in GREP Change to field

GREP Case Transformations in "Change To"

Add support for case transformation in the replace patterns "Change to" for changing the case of the original text when using subpattern
    replacements.

\u Make the next character uppercase
    \U Make all following characters uppercase until reaching another case specifier (\u, \L, \l ) or \E
    \l Make the next character lowercase
    \L Make all following characters lowercase until reaching another case specifier (\u, \U, \l ) or \E
    \E End case transformation opened by \U or \L

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please change wording for German translation of forced line break

The term »forced line brake« has been wrongly translated to German quite a while ago. There exist two terms in German for the »forced line break« that lead to confusion among users because they are used interchangeably.

One is (translated) »hard line brake« the other one »soft line brake«. But what in a line break is soft or hard? This makes no sense at all.

It would be great to just use the literal translation of the English term which is »Erzwungener Zeilenumbruch« (SHIFT + Return).

Please find attached instances of the use in the German UI. Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data Merge support UTF-8 character set

I always have to convert UTF-8 text to UTF-16.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share for Review - Option to add multiple users as Owners.

On many occasions, we have multiple designers working on the same InDesign file. I've noticed on the new Share for Review feature that only the user that created the Review has access to the comments in the Review panel; other users who open the document get a "no access to comments" message (See attached images). I think it would be extremely beneficial to allow multiple 'owners' of the review, so as to allow multiple users to see comments made in the Review panel.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive/Button and Forms/PDF Options - Add Text Field option for flush left, centered or flush right

Text Fields are all flush left. Add an option to make them flush left, centered or flush right. I create interactive PDFs. Every time I export to a PDF, I open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro and have to manually change Prepare Form/Text Field Properties/Options/Alignment to the desired alignment to "centered" or "flush right" since the default is "flush left." This option would be a great time saver and save on my frustration.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include InCopy editorial notes in grouped/anchored objects in PDF comments

Currently if you add a note to an anchored or grouped object these do not appear as comments in exported PDFs from InCopy. This leads to artworkers possibly missing important change requests from InCopy users. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a technical limitation but it is not stated anywhere in the documentation for InCopy. User expectation is that all notes will be included as comments in exported PDFs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export correct unicode spaces to epub/html

Logging this as a new feature, but it could also be a bug? Also logging this under "EPUB" since thats most important to me, but it also affects "HTML"

Currently the only space characters exported by InDesign are the regular space and the non breaking space. All others are converted to regular spaces on export. These spaces should be retained in the epub, since they are supported by reading systems and in many cases it is typographically incorrect to use regular spaces.

Spaces with direct Unicode mappings:
    Normal Space U+0020
    Nonbreaking Space U+00A0

Em Space U+2003
    En Space U+2002
    Third…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alt-text inside Links Panel

Can we have a column added to the Links Panel that lists the alt-text of the image so I can open/edit it from the links panel rather than finding it inside my document?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Updating numbers only in a table of contents

We should have two options when it comes to update a table of contents.
    1- Update entire table
    2- Update page numbers only

Word allows it. Why don’t InDesign too?

I’ll be waiting for this change in next update! It’ll change my life!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Page range(s) and pages/spreads options in Share for Review

Export options for Share for Review

Ability to select page range(s), individual pages vs spreads, etc. directly in the export process, not buried in the last PDF export settings.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import formatting from PDF comments

InDesign should apply what ever it recives from the PDF. The formating options for the comments are pretty limited – Bold, Italic, Underline, ...

If I accept a comment that has italic characters, the formatted text would be [italic].

If I accept a comment that has bold characters, the formatted text would be [bold].

If I accept a comment that has bold italic characters, the formatted text would be [bold italic].

If I am using a font that does not have an Italic weight (Maybe it uses Regualre Italic), the text would just recive the standart missing font warning (The…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Navigation Points have been re-introduced in the Media panel. This feature is available in the latest release of InDesign (version 16.0). Please use this release to use Navigation Points for Video/Audio files.

However, the Controller options will not be available. As communicated earlier, all options (Controller options being one of them) related to Flash/Flash player have been removed from InDesign as Flash Player is now being EOL’d (End of Life).

InDesign team

15. Please make System fonts invisible in the Font menu list

Giving the possibility to delete those countless system fonts that come with MacOS Catalina from the font menu would be simply wonderful and a great feature.. They're way too many, they're useless and they disturb my workflow.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. What Is An Edu Email Address?

Edu is a domain extension that is explicitly restricted to educational institutions. This domain extension is commonly used by US-based educational invitees. Generally, college students and university staff are able to get the Edu email address. But sometimes Edu email is also used in high school. So if you also want to get a free Edu email address then visit our blog, this blog will definitely help you in doing so.

Visit here - https://thetechwide.com/how-to-get-a-free-edu-email-address/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In Preflight option to identify OTF SVG font used

Like Type 1 multiple Master font to find OTF VAR font type. We need option to find OTF SVG font used in the document.

In Preflight option under the heading Font Type not allowed we need this option

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. XML structures and footnotes/endnotes

This is a point which was subject of lot of discussion since years in several forums. Even this uservoice mentions it (partly) sometime but obviously it hasn't been considered at all.
    In InDesign, a footnote can't contain xml structures.
    In InDesign, it is not possible to map an xml element to the footnote object.
    This is really weird, since:
    a) mapping XML element to an InDesign object is something exiting already for tables thanks to attribute aid:table. So why not having set an attribute aid:note, with values "footnote" and "endnote" and implementing this?
    b) footnotes and endnotes can contain by…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Text perfectly aligned with text frame

If the white space on the left/right hand side of a character (image attached) can be ignored, the option of snapping the text frame with objects, guides/grids, could be possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Better UI scaling option

The only way to adjust the UI size in Indesign is to change the scaling for your whole system, and even then it only supports up to 200% scaling and there is no way to make it bigger beyond that.

I got a new laptop with a HD 4k screen and its already scaled to 250% (I'm using Windows 10) but the user interface is still too small and it really slows down my workflow. Even if increasing my OS scaling to 300%+ fixed it (which it doesn't), it would still be infuriating to have everything on my computer scaled…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 194 195
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base