2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

726 results found

1. Convert PDF to INDD

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can edit PDF's read images and text, and it is possible to edit, so why is this function not available in Adobe Indesign? Indesign has more control and the only feature that will needed to be added is detecting strokes/filled objects converting filled lines or shapes to one to the other.

578 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. GPU-Acceleration on Windows

It would be brilliant to have this as an option especially since more and more people are using high DPI/4K displays and the CPU is not capable of allowing for smooth zooming/scrolling/panning in most cases. It's working perfectly fine with Photoshop and rather good with Illustrator so I can't see why this shouldn't be possible with InDesign as well.
    On my 4K Dell XPS 15 it's quite a pain to scroll through the document or zoom in and out, laggy as hell although this is a very poweful machine!

461 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Backlog  ·  Abhinav Kaushik responded

Thank you all for supporting this feature request.
    Moving the feature request to the product backlog.

3. make data merge possible from Google Sheet without being forced to make csv

I use DataMerge a lot and its really boring to be forced to export an update to csv when working in collaboration.
    If we could use directly the source file Google Sheet we could improve our workflow (Easy Catalog does it !)

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Select All Across Pages

PLEASE create an option to select all objects or text over the entire document instead of just the page/spread you're on. Making a universal change to the document, such as outlining the type is such a pain having to manually change from page to page. I've seen MULTIPLE threads online for the past 8 years of people requesting this, and it hasn't been resolved.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dynamic baseline related unit of measurement

Please consider the addition of a dynamic unit of measurement that relates to the document’s baseline. Such a unit will make it possible to express various parameters throughout the design as a multiplication or division of the document’s baseline.

We would for example be able to express a header’s leading as twice the number of baselines, or a paragraph’s space after in any number of baselines.

The unit’s relation to the document‘s baseline means that it’s dynamic: whenever you change the baseline, all values expressed in this unit will change accordingly. There will be no more need to adjust these…

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi All,

This indeed a great suggestion. I wanted to understand a little more about this request.

1. The way this request is described its majorly about figuring out how to change the various text attributes in a single step rather than having to change multiple styles to make that happen. It would helpful if you can mention which all attributes you all would want to be dependent on the baseline (space before/after, size, leading any other).
    2. Which kind of documents (magazines, brochures, books etc.) do you see this to be more important for you.
    3. Wouldn’t a similar method (not sure if we could base it on baseline though!!) for changing the layout also help, if you could define the sizes of objects in relation to the page size. Do you think extending this feature to the layout also makes sense.
    4. If you can share some files…

6. Support for Multicores Performance

The most of us have powerful mutlicore computers. I think for sure indesign coult have a huge performance boost with Multicore support.

Until now only powerful 3D programs or video software uses that power. I think in addition of GPU Support it would be a significant performance boost with multi core support.

For an Example: i got a i7 Quad Core Mac. While writing a big PDF, indesign just uses 1 core.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Navigation Points have been re-introduced in the Media panel. This feature is available in the latest release of InDesign (version 16.0). Please use this release to use Navigation Points for Video/Audio files.

However, the Controller options will not be available. As communicated earlier, all options (Controller options being one of them) related to Flash/Flash player have been removed from InDesign as Flash Player is now being EOL’d (End of Life).

InDesign team

8. Place a video from a URL with https

The window for "Place a video from a URL" will not accept a safe HTTPS link (only http). Thus when I publish it, the browser throws a warning asking if I trust the content. Extremely silly bug in this age of security issues.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SVG Export

InDesign should be able to export either entire pages or selections into SVG. The JavaScript for exporting SVG is crap. The export should also include the fonts as well as checkboxes from forms. Form fields are not supported in most of the plug-ins. SVG is a very important standard. We used ist for maps, layouts etc. shown as small preview e.g. the cover of a book, forms, adverts etc.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. select similar

It would be helpful to have a select similar feature for lines and other drawn objects like in illustrator because sometimes I need to change a bunch of things to a different line weight and currently must manually find and change them. I always miss it when I'm working in Indesign instead of Illustrator.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No Multi-Processor support for InDesign?

InDesign were and still is very slow. Now I work on an iMac 2017 with i7 processor with 4.2 GHz and Radeon Pro 580 8GB graphics with InDesign 14.0.1. The i7 is a Quadcore CPU but if InDesign works, it still works on just 1 Core! So InDesign ist still slow and the Beachball appears very often. Photoshop instead uses all the performance of this great machine.

Isn't it possible, to use all CPU-cores and maybe additionally the GPU with InDesign, to increase the performance?

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Australian dictionary to Indesign

Please add Australian Dictionary to Indesign. It was once doable but complicated to add the Hunspell dictionary to Indesign with earlier versions but now is impossible as the files that need changes are locked. I'm sure you have thousands of Australian users paying about $900 per year. This is a fix that I would have thought would only take five minutes to do

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding a Table tab to the Find/Change dialogue box

It will be very useful adding to the Find/Change dialog box a new tab for controlling the table and cell by the all options and settings available.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrate Macbook Pro Touchbar with InDesign

Hi!

I love Adobe InDesign and use it everyday for work. I recently upgraded to a Macbook Pro with a touchbar. Photoshop and Illustrator both support the customized touchbar feature and it is super efficient and awesome to have many tools right there on the touchbar.

As someone who uses InDesign more than the above mentioned adobe programs, I would LOVE to be able to use the touchbar feature in InDesign as well!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Live Preflight reporting a false error with OpenType Type 1 fonts

InDesign's Live Preflight will wrongly flag an OpenType Type 1 (PostScript flavored) font as invalid when the font appears in a linked graphic.

To recreate:
    1. Create an InDesign Preflight Profile
    2. Set it to flag Type 1 fonts as Font Type Not allowed.
    3. Create a new InDesign document.
    4. Add text using an OpenType Type 1 font.
    5. Turn on the preflight.
    The preflight will not signal an error. This is expected and correct.
    6. Now export a PDF of the document created.
    7. Create a new InDesign document.
    8. Place the PDF as a linked graphic into…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. InDesign to accept TeX / LaTeX inputs

Like InDesign is accepting Quark inputs till some version (say version 4.0), I'm expecting such feature to accept TeX / LaTeX input too as many of Authors are still using TeX / LaTeX as inputs and the same need to typeset using TeX / LaTeX software.

If InDesign is accepting these inputs, we can directly include in InDesign and proceed the further typesetting process.

One difficulty is usually TeX / LaTeX inputs will have much mathematical equations.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign on iPad

Photoshop is coming to iPad. When is InDesign doing the same?
    As a designer, I carry iPad all the time and it would be real time-saver to have my favorite application on iPad.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Isolation mode for InDesign

Create an "Isolation mode" for a group InDesign, working like in Illustrator.

Once in isolation mode, only the items in the group are editable. You can select easily multiple items in the Group without touching other items.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improvement Indesign Accessibility Features

I use Indesign to create accessible PDFs but there are a few features that should be there.

TABLES
    Automatic Header Column and Header Row tagging. At the moment Header Column is recognized but not Header Row. If this was implemented you could go a step further and add ID tags and scope automatically. This would be a huge time saver since this all has to be done manually in Acrobat. It would also be nice to have an option to specify the Title of the table as a caption tag.

FOOTNOTES
    At the moment you have to add the proper…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find/Change: search multiple formats, NOT & OR options, multiple changes, drop-downs

I work with books, some of them very long and complex. Because I'm strict about styles and consistency, and because the authors rarely are, I have to use Find/Change a lot. It is by far the part of InDesign that I find most lacking.

1. Instead of clicking to get to find format or change format options, pick from drop-down(s) right there on the F/C dialog. At least for styles (but ideally also for fonts, swatches, etc.).

2. Search multiple styles at once (but not all styles, as happens when you don't select one in the find format area). For example: find…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?