2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4992 results found

1. Paste items on multiple layers at once

It would really speed up my workflow if I had the option of selecting a number of layers and be able to ‘Past in place’ on all of them at the same time. I often have to change country ratings (esp. PEGI) on my projects and it would be great if I could select 7-8 layers at a time and switch them out together. Clients also require third-party logos and legal lines to be added and it would really speed up my routines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Linked text frames inside text threads keep links

When a linked text frame is placed on the page, it updates its contents when the parent linked text frame changes. But if one copies that text frame and pastes it inside a text thread, it appears to have a link icon, but the link is actually broken and will not update with the parent text any more.
    I am trying to use this to have a callout box for a construction procedure that is duplicated is several places in my document. I want them to be inline of my text as other instruction steps will change, and reflow the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to disable the drop shadow in artboard on screen mode "Normal" of the "View" menu

Please, enable an option to disable the drop shadow on the artboard in 'Normal' screen mode in the 'View' menu (on the right side and in the footer of the artboard/sheet). The shadow makes it very difficult to achieve accurate positioning and alignment of objects. I found several people on Google complaining about the same thing, and there is no solution! The "Preview", "Bleed" and "Spacer" options do not have the shadow, but they also do not display what is on the workspace outside of the artboard/sheet. The "Normal" screen mode has to look like the artboard/sheet in Illustrator. I'm…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Paragraph Style Options: Export Tagging: PDF: Tag

In latest version of nDesign styleExportTagMaps-->exportTag only have these tags available [P, H,H1,H2,H3,H4,H5,H6] manually or by script, is it possible user can add additional exportTags tags in recent version or via updated version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add cell style setting fort column width and row height

We periodically update our older catalogs with newer styles and much of the content is to provide dimensions for parts. Most of the time they have not had a style applied to them. This would be the same as the option already provided when a cell is selected. Being able to select a group of cells and applying a style with column and row height would be helpful.

Its actually the only item that isn't included from the cell options every other option is already available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Parent Text Boxes (automatic text copying)

There should be a feature that allows you to mirror the text from another ("parent") text box. This feature would essentially be like the parent pages but would be focused on an individual text box/text that is linked to a parent text box. It would automatically change/copy the parent text boxes text and styles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add new options in table/document for changing decimal and thousand separators globally

Add some features in InDesign for changing the decimal and thousand separator globally. This will be very useful who work on multiple languages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Footnote references in header rows of tables should not be repeated

It is desirable that text in table headers is repeated in the second and subsequent text frames.
    But it is not good that footnote references are also repeated in headers. This is because the footnote for the corresponding references is to be found on the page where the reference is first mentioned, but not on the following pages of the table, which breaks across pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore the 2022 version of Word Document Import Options

In the 2022 update there was a brilliant change to the way you could specify how Paragraph Styles and Character Styles from Word could be treated.

It allowed you to choose the key styles to focus on, apply your own InDesign Style to those, then apply an overriding single InD style to everything else by specifying "Any" in the hierarchy. This allowed you to get rid of swathes of junk styles you'd otherwise inherit from a messy Word file, reliably, and in one go.

Newer versions seem to have reverted to the old Text Import Options, where you must specify…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rename a file from link panel

As we place a lot of files with default name inside an InDesign document, it would be great if we could rename a file from Links panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please enable pinch zoom in and zoom out using a touchpad on Window 10 in Adobe InDesign 2024

My Surface laptop does not enable me to pinch zoom in and zoom out using a touchpad on Window 10 in Adobe InDesign. I was previously using a mac with a magic trackpad and had no issues zooming in and out in Adobe programs. I realize I can use work-arounds like CTRL + / -, but this takes more time and I have less control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Group/Organize Parent Pages

It would be very helpful for larger documents if I had the ability to group/organize the parent pages in their panel. I am currently working on an urban planning document where each section of the master plan (parks, housing, wastewater, etc...) has a different colored footer and chapter page, so I have 8 different footer parent pages and 8 different chapter pages, on top of the 10 or so general layout parent pages I create for our urban planners to use as templates. Consequently, navigating the parents panel requires a LOT of scrolling. If I could just group all my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a filter to see/use only ONE font language within font option cascades

A request to Adobe: Include an option in the "font filter" to turn on/off each language of fonts. Adobe still offers a multitude of foreign fonts for its cloud-based software that cannot be turned off in the cascade of font options, eating up space and simply slowing down work flow for those of us who speak and work in one language. Please please fix this. "Noto" font options, in particular, requires a few pages of scrolling to get past EVERY TIME I browse for a new font to use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. By clicking in a file that does not exists anymore, it vanishes from recent items.

It would be perfect if the Indesign home interface behaved like Photoshop's: by clicking on a file that does not exist anymore, it just vanishes from recent items, helping to keep less cluttered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Publish Online: change the position of the "PDF preferences" field

You can only choose a PDF preference if you have marked the first square field under this topic. Because we normally read from top to bottom this is not logical.

Please change it so that “PDF-Einstellungen herunterladen” is under the “Benutzern gestatten, das Dokument als PDF (Druck) herunterzuladen”. In the second screenshot you can see my suggestion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set Solidity of Spot colors

We have HP Indigo's that can print white ink. For example, printing white ink on a golden paper, it looks great, and if you have a picture, just slab some white ink below it and it looks good.

However in InDesign, if you set the colors accordingly (Paper color to gold, and add a white spot color), and you enable overprint preview, the white ink just disappears. This means, we're desining with paper set to white and white ink set to Cyan to see what we're doing. Tbh we'd like to see what we'll eventually get.

We need the ability…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. table accessibility

InDesign to PDF - Table Accessibility. Please add a way to scope and add an ID to table heading cells. Add a way to then associate table headers to data cells. Ensure that the table elements are properly exported to PDF tags. No table tags are available to be mapped to any InDesign style using Export Tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You may remove Dutch: Old rules

You may remove Dutch: Old rules. the new spelling dates from 2005, so that's been 20 years from now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share for review for organisation

Compared to Adobe Illustrator, InDesign does not have the option for internal approval within the organization ("Everyone at your organization can comment").

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 508 compliance PDF

Add in “Preflight Profiles” for 508c Color Contrast Analyzer (CCA) error check mark.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 249 250
  • Don't see your idea?