Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• or

160 results found

1. All resolved comments disappeared

Overnight all resolved comments and their respective users disappeared from the Review panel. When switching the filter no comments are shown anymore and i can't get them back in neither scenario (logging in the CC online and looking in the review link, looking in InDesign itself and so on). Is there any chance to get those resolved comments back? They haven't been deleted neither, either the client or I resolved those through both ways and the day before everything was there and viewable with the respective filter. Without them it's nearly impossible to keep a backlog of all the changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. InDesign CC display error thin white line

InDesign CC 13.1 x64

In every document I open, everytime there's a single line in the top area of the document/artboard. It appears when you activate the

Overprint Preview with high quality. Then InDesign generates a thin white line 1px thick and 101px away from the top of the document. It

also keeps this position when I zoom in or out. Only if I begin to drag the view via the hand tool then the line is broken (obviously it

has some trouble to refresh complete).
    The line generates on all pages no matter if there're images or graphics…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. GREP Change all Option Bug

When applying the following formula, the GREP Change All Option caused a formatting problem in my content:
    ^·\t(.+)$
    could you please check and suggest? I have attached my inputs here for your review.

I am using Adobe Indesign CC 2021+ and MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Working Together with Other Designers

I work in a team of 4 designers, and on occasion we have to cover for each other and finish/amend something someone else has started. We can share for review with other departments to add their amendments fine, however if someone else opens the .indd file on our shared server they can't see the comments. Is there not a way to make the comments save to the document itself instead of the account?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe InDesign published document

When viewing a document for review, if you scroll too quickly and then reverse the direction of the scroll, it can get caught into a scrolling loop that I cannot stop. It scrolls up and down incredibly quickly on it's own. I have to exit the document and then come back in. Happens in Chrome and Firefox.

iMac, Catalina 10.15.7
    Indesign 17.01

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Table second row incorrect spacing by default

After including the table in the InDesign, I noticed that the second row bottom and top spacing gets automatically adjusted even if I try to adjust it manually or even after deleting the second row, the spacing on the second row is not showing up correctly. Please check attached screenshot for your review - check the second and third row spacing. Also, please check the table border lines as it is confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adjust Layout  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Power Efficiency

Since I've moved to working remotely entirely, I've noticed how quickly using several Adobe programs burns through my laptop battery. I'm running a brand new 16" Macbook Pro with the latest MacOS Catalina version, and I'm lucky if I get an hour and a half of battery life while running InDesign and Illustrator at the same time. When I review what is using the most battery life, my Mac lists InDesign, Illustrator, and Core Sync as the main culprits.

Now, I understand that these programs at times are fairly graphically intensive, but the battery life I'm getting is absymal, and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. QuickLook preview?

Almost every file on my computer is a Space Bar press away from a quick glance to review it's content. Many even allow for scrolling through the pages of a pdf or presentation, but InDesign still only displays and icon. Even with "Always save Preview Images with Document" selected.
    I've seen this issues being discussed back to 2007 and it still hasn't been addressed beyond "use a 3rd party"... that's a terrible answer to missing features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Drag-Duplicating using Alt/Opt key does not work if key is pressed after dragging

I am working on Mac OS Big Sur v 11.3.1 using Indesign CS 2020 16.2.1.
    I cannot duplicate images using the command option shift key.
    I have also noticed that holding the shift key down to proportionately size images is also not working. Could you advise if this issue can be solved? I have read the thread posted in 2020 and it said it was under review. I tried the workaround suggested changing live Screen drawing to "never" but this has not changed anything. Please help! Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Falha ao exportar arquivo PDF

Quando estou finalizando meu projeto de revista, exporto para pdf em baixa resolução para revisão. Tanto a versão de baixa resolução quando de alta resolução não estão sendo exportados para PDF. Gostaria de saber o que devo fazer para conseguir exportar.
    Google translator:
    When I am finalizing my magazine project, I export to low resolution pdf for review. Both the low resolution and high resolution versions are not being exported to PDF. I would like to know what I must do to be able to export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tab order window is not resizable

I design a lot of long forms inside of InDesign. Part of this process is getting the tab order correct. The Tab Order window only displays 9 rows and is not resizable. This makes at a glance review of the tab order impossible.

Additionally, dragging and dropping rows above/below each other is broken. The blue line that signifies where I am about to drag something to does not always match up with where the drop actually happens. Sometimes it can be above another field.

Similarly, if I move a block of rows at once, the view of the window will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Acrobat freezes/crashes when exporting as PDF from InDesign

When we export PDFs with "View PDF after Exporting" checked, Acrobat sometimes freezes up and we need to force-quit it. InDesign also freezes. During the crashing process, the PDF is created normally. Our workaround is to uncheck that box, but that's not ideal because we've always had it on for 10+ years and are used to automatically reviewing the PDFs before sending them to clients, etc. We are saving to a NAS Drobo using AFP. Can this be fixed?

InDesign 17.3, Acrobat 22.1.20112.0, Apple M1 Pro, macOS 12.2

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. open a file window

Hi. I'm running on InDesign 15.0.3 on macOS Catalina 10.15.5

I was editing a file when suddenly InDesign crashed. A crash report was submitted and no harm was done. I proceeded to open InDesign and everything seemed fine with one exception. When I go File > Open, the Open a File window color theme does not match the interface color theme I've chosen (which is set to Dark). I tried changing to all the other color themes and it remained the same. Then I went into my OS system preferences and made sure my appearance has Dark chosen for all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Crash when "fitting frame to content" on an inline-anchored textframe (inline or above line)

Hi,
    Last week i noticed that InDesign crashes when I fit the textframe to its contents, when that textframe is anchored as "text" inside another textframe (anchor-option: incline or above line) when it is not separated by paragraph breaks or whitespaces.

I have a file that has one textframe for the main column. In it I placed several smaller textframes with more than one column as textelements.
    I didn't separate them by a space or linebreak. When fitting one of the smaller frames to its content by double clicking the lower reference point in the middle to get rid of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find/Replace on a page

Find can be restricted to Document / All documents and stories.
    How about a restriction to the current page, or a page range?
    And maybe to the visible part of the document, or 'nearby' the current work area?

In large documents the range of search can be confusing and a cause of errors.

Another use of this is to quicly find a word or phrase when editing / reviewing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block Html Content

271/5000
    A few months ago Adobe blocked Html content from most sites. I use a lot of Html content in my presentations.
    I would like this type of content blocking to be reviewed.
    Reference Link:
    https://indd.adobe.com/view/8cd5704f-58ea-4423-aecf-97a72691c2a0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make GIFs great again

• Allow a preview of a live GIF while designing - currently when it is placed into a deck it is static and only reviewable by publishing online.

• Allow a choice of the GIF thumbnail that becomes the still image when an offline version is downloaded. Currently I'm at the mercy of whatever the very first frame is in the entire GIF sequence.

• Better yet, make Adobe Reader able to play gifs so the 'offline' version doesn't have to be a compromise of the original intention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Issue with Word Breaks in Dictionaries on InDesign (last version)

Dear Technical Support Team,

I am writing to inform you about an issue I am experiencing with word breaks in dictionaries, primarily in UK English (the Canadian one has fewer problems), German (2006 reform with Duden activated), and Danish, which are the languages I use the most. This problem has also arisen in other languages. I always switch the dictionary according to the language of the text I am working on. I have mainly encountered these errors using InDesign, but it has also happened to me in Illustrator. Clearly, the word break functionality is not working correctly, and syllabication is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. En Dashes turned into a Russian Cyrillic Small letter Yeru

On Feb. 19, 2018, I worked on a document in InDesign CC 13.0 (Mac). I saved the document and all was good. Yesterday, March 28, 2018, I made some edits to the same document using CC 13.1 (Mac). But when a co-worker reviewed it, they noticed that the En Dashes (Unicode: 2013) I had used as a Bullet character had turned into a Russian glyph (Cyrillic Small letter Yeru, Unicode: 044B).

The bulleted section of the document was not revised between Feb. 19th and yesterday. The edits I made were in other sections of the document. Nor did I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?