Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Corrupt/pixelated cursor Issue in InDesign on MacOS High Sierra

In InDesign is a Problem with the Cursor on iOS Hight Sierra Beta Version 10.13 (17A315i). I Attached a short Video file. It is better as the describe when you what I means. Thank you.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

240 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mouse-click in menus becomes disabled

InDesign 12.1.0.56; macOS Sierra 10.12.5; Magic Mouse

The issue varies with any file. I have mostly seen this occur when in the Find/Change window, or when I try and select a font. My mouse will not be able to click (select) anything in the drop down menus. I am able to select with my keyboard by using the arrows and "return" key. To get the mouse to click (select) an option from a drop down menu, I must first restart InDesign and then open the same file.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't drag objects

I am unable to drag objects/textbox/etc in InDesign. I can resize using corner handles but I'm unable to click and drag object to desired location I've uninstalled, reinstalled, shutdown, restarted, cleared all settings, etc and nothing seems to work. I have never encountered this issue in all my years of using InDesign. Please help!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

We understand that issue must be slowing you down and we need your help in reproducing the issue at our end. It will enable us to investigate the problem much faster.
    1. Have your observed that closing any open browser fixes the problem?
    2. When the movement of the object is disabled using mouse, but do you continue to move around the object using keyboard arrow keys?
    3. Have you observed that restarting InDesign fixes the problem momentarily?
    4. Are you able to create a new document when the movement of objects is disabled?
    5. On which device are you using InDesign?

4. Filetype is the same as CC 2018

InDesign CC 2019 (14.0.0.130) for Mac
    Filetype is the same as CC 2018. Each version has been given a unique Filetype. The only exception is v6.0.0–6.0.3 (CS4), but it was fixed as a bug in 6.0.4. I also expect it to be fixed as a bug of 14.0.0 as well.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been done to preclude any new entries for CFBundleTypeOSTypes. The previous release, CC2018 had CFBundleTypeOSType as IDdD but for the new release, we have not created the new OSType entry as IDdE rather kept the previos entry intact.

Apple had deprecated any entries of the form of CFBundleType from 10.5 and now recommends using a UTType(Uniform Type Identifier) entry instead of creating CFBundleType entries. We might choose creating UTTypes in the future. However, for now we have stopped creating separate CFBundleTypes for the new releases.
    It would helpful to know from you as to how you use these entries in your workflows so that we can suggest you an alternative.

5. serial number changed on cc2019

User is not required to fill-in a serial number on CC apps, but nevertheless the numbers still exist and are used by 3rd party script creators to identify the user and license the script.
    this SN was kept the same on all CC versions but now it was changed. this means I need to repurchase my scripts licenses.
    the 3rd party programmer can't use just username becuase there may be more than one indesign license under one username.
    suggested solution: just keep the SN as it was on CC2018 and don'r make us pay for nothing

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

6. 2019 workspace not sticking

upon opening a new document in Indesign 2019, workspace needs to be reset every time to return to preferred working environment.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incopy 2019 cannot open icap file created by ID 2019

.icap files created with ID 2019 cannot be opened with IC 2019 with error message „An error occured while opening the file.“ Tested on Mac OS X 10.12.6.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update 14.0.2 of InDesign 2019.
    If you are unable to see the update notification yet, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

8. SVG Font Designation Not Shown in Find Font

If a font is an SVG font, InDesign shows the square box "SVG" designation in the font dropdown. However, if you view the font info under Find Font (Type>Find Font), the font type does not show as SVG. There is no way to determine if an SVG font was used in the file other than to view in the font dropdown. That is a problem as SVG fonts are not supported in PDF yet and will not be caught by preflight. Can the SVG designation be added to the Find Font info screen?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search field does not work in Open dialogue box

Simple search filename request in the Open dialogue box and the search does not work in InDesign. This works in EVERY SINGLE OTHER APPLICATION KNOWN TO MAN. Just not in InDesign. InDesign is becoming the most unstable app I have ever worked within in over 10 years. Come on Adobe - this is Mac App 101 and you are FAILING MISERABLY. Fix this embarrassment immediately.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot use to gray or white when using Presentation view

Gray or white background not available when using Presentation view in 2017 CC InDesign. I've tried using multiple combinations of "W" and control, option, command, etc. to no avail.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. installed font missing

InDesign 13.0.1 on macOS 10.12.6

One installed font from a family of 6 suddenly started showing as not found. Frutiger LT Pro 67 Bold Condensed was correctly showing, now not.

I have re-installed InDesign twice, reinstalled the font, and rebooted several times. Font is correctly showing still in Illustrator and Photoshop.

This is impacting client files and while I have a workaround, I am concerned the problem will occur with other fonts where I don't have a viable solution. (I have another foundry version of that particular font.)

Screen shots attached.

many thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please try it out with the latest release and if even then you encountering the same issue, please share the font file of that particular font with which you are facing the issue.

Please do mention your machine configuration like OS, Locale. You can also send files/links directly to paawasth@adobe.com.

Thanks,
    Payal

12. File rename

InDesign 13.0 running Mac OX 10.12.6

If and INDD file is renamed in the Finder when it's open in InDesign, saving the file will cause an error dialog to appear saying "Changes cannot be save as InDesign can no longer access the '[filepath:newfilename]' file. Place the file in the original location and try again." This error message appears whether trying to do a simple save or even Save As.

This error appears even though both the window header and the file name in the error message both reflect the changed (not the original) file name.

Unless file is restored to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello All,

Thank you for your support. The issue is now fixed in the latest update of InDesign.
    Please upgrade to the new InDesign 14.0 from your Creative Cloud Application.

If you are unable to see the update yet, click on the menu (three dots) on the top right corner of Creative cloud app and click on “Check for App Updates”.

Let us know your feedback in the comment section.

Thanks,
    Abhinav Kaushik
    InDesign Team

13. Hyperlinks not detected

The "Convert URLs to Hyperlinks" function in the hyperlinks panel is not working properly in CC 2018. Not all the links are detected. There doesn’t seem to be any logic in which links are detected and which are not, it seems very random.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I tried out with various hyperlinks and the function is working fine for me.

Please try it out with the latest release and even then if you encountering the same issue,
    please provide sample documents with which you are facing the issue or just add a small video (on WeTransfer/Youtube/Dropbox) and share the link.

Please do mention your machine configuration like OS, Locale.

You can also send files/links directly to paawasth@adobe.com

Thanks & Regards
    Payal Awasthi (InDesign Team)

14. Indesign not working with macOS High Sierra download

My Adobe InDesign is showing blank window and no tools after downloading macOS High Sierra. Help?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Text wraps when replacing a swatch

If I replace a swatch the text wraps at one place. It happens just with one color in the document... I doesn't matter which swatch I use for replacing... I never seen this before. I image how risky that is when you're replacing a swatch in a large project like a catalog and than somewhere in the document text is wraping...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. My InDesign CC window will not minimise into the dock?

Hi,

Not sure where to go with this one but I have just upgraded to Adobe CC and noticed that I'm unable to 'Minimise' the window in InDesign and also noticed that it won't do it in Illustrator but Photoshop does minimise (ODD!)

All it will do is when you double click it fills to fit screen and then the opposite.

I have posted this onto the forum and others have mentioned that they are also experiencing this problem.

(I have turned on the 'Double -click a windows title bar to minimize' in the System Preferences)

Please could you help…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Properties Panel captures mouse scrolling inside fields

The Properties Panel inside InDesign 2019 is meant to be the new central location for most of the common settings in InDesign. So it is accessed pretty frequently by most users on a daily basis.

However if you happen to use InDesign on a low-res monitor, or have increased UI text for accessibility purposes, or even just use InDesign in a non-maximised window, it suffers from a big flaw.

These scenarios require the user to scroll the panel up or down to access hidden properties. However, the mouse scroll action is inadvertently captured by the various fields on the panel,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InDesign CC2019: Mouse cursor is quickly flashing whenever moving placed objects

The mouse cursor is quickly flashing and lagging whenever moving placed objects and it makes it really hard to click/drag/edit the image

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows recents files (at opening)

Sometimes the files are two times on the panel (same file) and sometimes is a wrong link (opening an other file the icon seems to be).
    Quit, refresh, open an other file : nothing to get the right link.
    Since the late update march 2018 ; I am on 13.1.
    Thank you for resolving idea,
    Pierre

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot Drag Objects

First off some information on what I'm running:
    1: InDesign vers 13.0.1
    2: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
    3: It happens at random whether I've closed out of inDesign and restarted it, cleared all my preferences with the CMD CNTRL OPT SHIFT method at the start, or had it sitting open after it had been working. So I'm not even sure how to reproduce the problem.

Mouse or tablet, neither work. Using the move tool, I can USUALLY click and drag objects around the page and organize them as needed. With this bug, I can only 'nudge' the object from…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base