Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. InDesign 16.0 saves Converted files in last used folder, not containing folder

On Catalina OSX (10.15.7), InDesign 2021 (16.0) saves a Converted file to the last used Finder folder, rather than the folder the document is contained in.

Happens with 'Save As...', as well as saving InCopy assignments.

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

183 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem with *.wmf files in InDesign 16.3

I've got a file with many equations created in MathType, exported as *.wmf files and placed in Adobe In Design. Until today everything was fine. But after a new update to version 16.3 all my equations were destroyed. In the attachment I'm sending the same page exported to PDF before and after update. Please help me.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Indesign 2021 (16.0) IDLK file do not lock

It is currently possible that two users are able to open the same Indesign file. I am working on a network volume via VPN and it was possible for my colleague to open the same file i was working with. The *.idlk file was generated but it seems that it would not be recognized from the other Indesign my colleague was using.

I tried to reproduce this issuue with Indesign 2020 and all worked fine as expected.

This is an enormous issue for collaboration with other colleagues at the same projects.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Major System Font Issue!

WHAT THE FONT!?!

Our publishing company recently ran the InDesign update (to 15.0.2) and have discovered some major font issues. I have narrowed it down to InDesign 15.0.2, macOS Catalina 10.15.3, and Suitcase Fusion 21.0.0. I actually don't think Suitcase has too much to do with this, because the problem occurred after the InDesign update, but it's our font management software so I'm including it. Basically it appears system fonts have become problematic with InDesign. Packaged files are suddenly showing up with lots of the dreaded pink. I have tested about everything I can. I even created some very simple…

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

227 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color Settings change to Emulate InDesign 2.0

Color Mode changes from whatever is set in InDesign when switching app from Adobe Photoshop to InDesign (latest versions) ... I am getting the same problem when switching from Photoshop to the latest Illustrator as well.

Problem Occurs even when InDesign (and Illustrator) are both shut down. After launching Photoshop and then shutting Photoshop down, Color Settings in InDesign and Illustrator are both changed to "Emulate".

PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY!!!! THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM and impacts my workflow horribly as I am back-and-forth between these applications regularly.

I have checked Bridge as well... and default is set to North American…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Style Mapping to [Basic Paragraph] doesn’t work with remembered settings or presets

When you place (import) a Word document into InDesign, you can choose to use Style Mapping to map the paragraph and character styles in Word to their equivalents in your InDesign document. When you use this feature for the first time in a document, the mappings get stored somewhere and are remembered for any subsequent imports you perform in the same document; you can also choose to save your import settings, including Style Mappings, as a preset to use freely in any document.

If you map any Word styles to the default [Basic Paragraph] style in InDesign, it works as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Indesign 16.2.1

Indesign 16.2.1 half screen cut red. when adjust windows side by side and then return back, screen cut in half and turn red. After restart it happens again. Whats that? Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. colored areas on the screen

Indesign version 16.3.2
    Sometimes colored areas appear and disappear automatically on the screen that have nothing to do with the job. I attach photos examples

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fonts' OpenType features not working in Composite fonts in InDesign

When using any Hebrew font in InDesign, the diacritics (nikuds) are displayed in their correct location. This location is set within the fonts by using OpenType features such as ccmp (for glyph substitution) and mark (for glyph positioning). InDesign recognizes and applies these features.

When this font is used as part of a Composite font in InDesign, the result is quite different. It seems like the ccmp feature is honored but the mark feature is not.

The diacritics shift and the length of the text increases. Some of this fluctuation can be mitigated by Diacritics Position feature in InDesign however…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. windows long paths not supported

InDesign fails to open or place files with long paths in Windows. The "Long Paths Enabled" registry setting is enabled (i.e. it is set to 1). The problem affects several functions:

1. From Bridge, Place > In Indesign causes "Script Alert: Error: Expected a reference to an existing File/Folder"

2. DataMerge in InDesign: images with long paths are skipped, i.e. aren't merged. There is no error message.

3. From InDesign. I cannot manually place a file with a long path through the “Place” dialog box. The dialog box will display the folder and thumbnails, but when I click the image to place it,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. post release notes at the same time as update is released

post release notes at the same time as update is released!
    15.1.4 was released today but the last release notes posted are for 15.1.3.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. graphic screen glitch

Indesign 16.3.2 Big sur

Another update, another graphical glitches.
    Your updates are only for new errors and glitches?
    For 60 euros a month?

See screenshot!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Latest Indesign Slowdown on M1 Chip

I am on the Macbook M1 Air with 16.2 and still experiencing random slowdowns when editing text, moving images, all the basic functions of InDesign.

I have removed all Adobe CC apps, removed all plugins, used a cleaner. I am now running the latest clean Silicon version of InDesign and experiencing the same issues.

I turned off GPU enhancements as folks recommended, which helped, but it still shows the beachball from time to time whenever I try a simple task.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. QR-Code Generator Problems with Umlauts in vCards

In the actual version of indesign (16.0) there is still an issue with internal generated vCard-QR-Code scanned by an iphone.

In germany there are special Characters called "Umlaute" (ü, ö, ä) or the "sharp s" (ß). If these characters are used in an vCard generated within the buildin function from indesign, they are replaced with other symbols on the iPhone QR-Code-Camera Reader.

I think this is only a Problem of the used vCard-Version. I think indesign uses Version 2.1 if you would just use Version 3.0 this issue does not appear.

please see attached one example

Kind regards from germany

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't Rename Objects in Layers Panel on MacOS Big Sur

Adobe Indesign 16.1, macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

I cannot rename objects or layers in the layers panel. I've attached a video of the typical triple-click method and all you see is a quick flash of the editing mode but it is never actually able to be edited.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Textbox disappear

I'm getting this issue where when I make any changes to text within a textbox, like typing within it, cutting/pasting, editing, etc. the text disappears. Sometimes it'll come back if I click out of the textbox. Sometimes it comes back if I switch between normal and preview mode or when I zoom in and out.

I have disabled the GPU Performance settings in the Preferences and it works better, but the problem persists.

I'm running:
    Mac OS 11.5.1
    MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)
    InDesign 16.3.2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fonts' OpenType features not working in Composite fonts in InDesign

When using any Hebrew font in InDesign, the diacritics (nikuds) are displayed in their correct location. This location is set within the fonts by using OpenType features such as ccmp (for glyph substitution) and mark (for glyph positioning). InDesign recognizes and applies these features.

When this font is used as part of a Composite font in InDesign, the result is quite different. It seems like the ccmp feature is honored but the mark feature is not.

The diacritics shift and the length of the text increases. Some of this fluctuation can be mitigated by Diacritics Position feature in InDesign however…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. keyboard shortcuts not working

2017 iMac Retina 5K 27", running Big Sur 11.5.2, InDesign 2021.

Suddenly, without warning or explanation certain keyboard shortcuts have stopped working.

The T shortcut to change to type tool flicks to type tool and then back to original tool (eg Selection tool).

Hand tool on space bar does not work and zoom on space bar + cmd does not work.

For some time now, you can't hide ID when there are no documents open by using cmd–H.

I have been using ID since almost the very beginning and these have always worked. As I'm paying a monthly sub for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tactics to How To Check My Chime Balance quickly:

Knowing the tactics to get stimulus check on chime cards quickly can be easy with the assistance of the chime support service team. During the implementation of the specified steps, chime users can observe the chime routing number and banking details. They need to copy all those information and click on the alternative direct deposit. The service team is the dedicated professionals and work thoroughly to assist their chime customers. https://www.primotechy.com/blog/how-do-i-check-my-chime-balance-on-my-phone/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cash App Phone Number-effective tips to search for a solution:

Knowing about the effective solution source is the most crucial factor for cash app users. Therefore, they can take a look at the Cash App Phone Number that is made available for their help. Cash app users make a verbal communication with the cash app service team, on the requirement and get to the effective solution factor to manage their cash app account easily irrespective of the time. https://www.cash-apphelps.net/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base