Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indesign color separations preview does not work correctly

The preview goes haywire when I turn separations on and off in InDesign. See screengrabs. Is there a workaround? I have ben unable to find one so far - are Adobe just choosing to ignore this issue?

- iMac Reina 5k, 27in, 2017
    - Mac OS 10.14.5
    - InDesign 14.0.2

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Removing blank lines from Data Merge resets the paragraph style of the blank line to the style directly above it

This is version 14.0.2 of InDesign for the mac

For example, in a business card, some employees have a direct and mobile phone number, some employees only have a direct phone number. If there is a "Direct" paragraph style and a "Mobile" paragraph style, on a record where there isn't a Mobile number, after previewing the next record with both numbers the "Direct" paragraph style is now applied to the Mobile number.

The data merge should retain the paragraph styles based on the placeholders, not the previewed data.

Images I have attached:
    1: placeholder view showing Direct style
    2: placeholder…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text blue highlights in Screen Mode "Normal" view

Using iMac 2013 with High Sierra 10.13.6
    InDesign CS 2019 up-to-date 14.0.2

In View drop-down menu, Screen Mode "Normal" selection, blue boxes appear over some text and behind some text boxes. It is intermittent, no real common denominator. It disappears when Screen Mode "Preview" is selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Некорректно работает пробная версия

При запуске Indesign вылазит окошко с активацией пробной 7-дневной версии, после ее активации данное окно не пропадает и появляется на экране каждые 10 секунд. Что-либо редактировать в файле не получается. Помимо этого это окно с активацией еще и тормозит, какой смысл давать пользоваться демо-версией 7 дней, если она работает неправильно?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. InDesign-window "Missing Links in document" does not appear when Microsoft DFS-Links not available

SITUATION
    We migrated our old Active Directory "OldAD.ads" to a complete new one "NewAD.ads"
    We use InDesign CC2019 (latest Version)

All out file-shares are mounted on client computers with Microsoft DFS-Links.
    - Old DFS-Link: \\OldAD\DFS\OldShare - The DFS-Links points to a share on our old fileserver: \\OldFileServer.OldAD.ads\Share_OLD
    All shares on the old fileserver are closed, so the DFS-Links have no destination but are still "available".

- New DFS-Link: \\NewAD\DFS\NewShare - The DFS-Links points to a share on our new fileserver: \\NewFileServer.NewAD.ads\Share_NEW

Both fileservers hold "their" (Active Directory based) DFS-structure.

Of course, all users open their files on the new fileserver,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restrict the selection area on PDF comments to the comment only

Restrict the selection area on PDF comments to the comment only, so that I can't accidently select the comment date (or line break after the comment).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fonts say they are activating but never activate

Indesign 14.0.1 : When you click to activate a font it changes icon to "activating" but it never actually activates. this is happening across all 60 plus computers at my organistaion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not able to create new guides

I am seeing many issues with the new updated InDesign - it seems a lot of the issues are solved if you have no browsers open. But let's be honest that is ridiculous! First I was not able to scale items proportionately while holding down the shift key. Now I can't create new guides, however the minute I close out all my browsers this functionality begins to work.

Please fix the many conflicts between INDD and the web browsers. I am on a MacBook Pro using High Sierra. The conflicts appear when either Chrome or FireFox are open. I need…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Anchored Object Lock/Prevent Manual Position Override

The Prevent Manual Positioning creates a Locked Object, but unlocking the widget doesn't remove the Prevent manual override.

When you check to "Prevent Manual Override" an anchored object receives a lock adornment. An object Style can be created from this object. If that lock is unlocked the Object style shows as override, but the "Prevent Manual Override" is still checked.

If the object style is redefined. The lock adornment is still unlocked, and the "Prevent Manual Positioning" is still checked. Reapplying the style locks the object.

There should be more consistent behaviour of "Prevent Manual Positioning" and the "Lock". Even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lag in InDesign 14.0.1 when doing ANYTHING.

Lag in InDesign 14.0.1 when doing ANYTHING. Every time I click my mouse, make a move, do a single thing there is a 20-40 second LAG. This is beyond annoying. I am on a very tight deadline just like 99% of your other users. YOU NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT ADOBE!!!!! And don't you dare tell me it's been figured out. I'm starting a new post per your request on March 26, 2019. FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. InDesign 2019 Data Merge not allowing Multiple Records per page

The dropdown to allow Multiple Records per page is not available (not that it ever worked perfectly). Using the exact same settings, text, and csv file, it works fine in 2018.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. error message about activating fonts constantly flicking up, then disappearing.

the error message is constantly just flicking on screen and disappearing. it even pops up when using other programs in front of in design.

could fonts just go into memory once you open a doc and there is plenty of memory left. to avoid constant font issues. indesign is always telling me fonts that are installed have gone missing, then a few seconds later they come back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Font Issues

InDesign 2019 doesn't recognize Raleway and Ultra Stint fonts when opening documents created in InDesign 2018. Fonts are loaded and active under the Creative Cloud, system has been started/restarted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't open .idap files

We can package .icap files and send them to the proofreader, but when we get the .idap files back we can't open them. We get the error "The selected package file requires an InDesign document “^1” that cannot be found."

Others seem to be having the same issue here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2551100
    The plugin listed in that forum thread does not fix the problem either.

The problem started when our team updated to CC 2019... had no problems until the update. We're on Apple's Mojave OS and 2019 InDesign.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Indesign: After ok QR generation, danish letters gets replaced with symbols when the code is scanned afterwards

Fix the bug so that the danish letters æ.ø.å also can be transferred to vCard (business card) unchanged when the vCard generated in the Indesign QRcode generator gets scanned.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CC19 14.0.1 ISSUES

Running Indesign CC2019 14.0.1 on a MACBOOK PRO running Mojave - currently having a number of unexpected outcomes - spacebar unable to use to navigate page - SHIFT unable to proportion constrain and ALT unable to drag copy items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GREP: Repetition (*, +) at the end of a Positive Lookbehind group doesn't seem to work

Product: Adobe InDesign CC 2019 (14.01)

Steps to reproduce:
    - Create a document with the text "abcde"
    - (Case 1) Do a GREP search for "(?<=bc+)d"
    - (Case 1) Do a GREP search for "(?<=bc*)d"

Expected result: highlight the "d"

Actual result: Cannot find match.

Note that searching for "(?<=bc)d" does work, as do of course "(?<b)c*d" and "(?=b)c+d".

Note also that this applied to GREP Styles in a paragraph style.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. InDesign ICML & IDAP isssues

When I import ICML files into InDesign 2018 or 2019. the article never shows up in the Assignments panel.

In addition in InDesign 2019, when I export ICAP file for the editor to work on the ICAP file is corrupt and the editor can not open it in InCopy. The few times the editor can open the file and send back and IDAP file, I'm getting an error message telling me the InDesign no longer supports IDAP files!!!

I have been working in 2017 InDesign since it's the last version this worked properly. However, I AM NOT PAYING A MONTHLY…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. FileInfo

File Info dialog box is not displayed when selecting File > File Info. The dialog is active but is somewhere off screen. (OS is OS X/High Sierra.)

This problem has existed for some time; in previous versions the problem was solved by deleting the file "DVADialogPrefs.xml" but this file no longer exists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Library windows when opening and closing documents

When I open a document, a "Sample Buttons and Forms," library window opens, covering up menus, even though I do not have libraries set to display. Likewise, when I close the document, a different (in this case, locally created, window appears). Always the same windows. See screenshots. It's annoying to have to close these windows every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base