Bug details

2019 workspace not sticking

upon opening a new document in Indesign 2019, workspace needs to be reset every time to return to preferred working environment.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave Courtemanche shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a follow up on this? I have had this issue multiple times in the past few days with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (in addition to the last couple years).

• April Leidig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's March 18, 2019 and this is still an issue. Any idea when this problem might be resolved?

• Sherry Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this same issue. For years I have loaded a specific workspace on opening InDesign and now suddenly I'm having to reset my workspace every time I open. It will keep the panels open if there is still another file open... but as soon as that last file is closed... I have to reset it again when I load a new file.

I've created a keyboard shortcut to make resetting my workspace a little easier to reload but this is really cutting down my prepress speed :/ Noticed in my wanderings here, this was an issue last year, too.

• Damon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Becoming very irritating having to do it 50 times a day.

• Claudio Nasso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens to me too.

I mean, when opening 2019, to get MY workspace containing my customised items I need to open the "Windows" menu and click one of the items present on my customised workspace (e.g. Windows > Links), to get MY workspace, even if my workspace name appears as activated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base