Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
- or
201 results found
-
Whats New graphic window is scrambled
The Whats New screen upon the start of InDesign 2022 is scrambled for the UI Scalability screen and the Share for Review screen.
1 vote -
Whats New screens jumbled
The "What's New" screen upon the start of InDesign 2022 is scrambled for the "UI Scalability" screen and the "Share for Review" screen.
1 vote -
scrambled What's New screens
The "What's New" screen upon the start of InDesign 2022 is scrambled for the "UI Scalability" screen and the "Share for Review" screen.
1 vote -
Scrolling loop
I have a scrolling bug in the share for review feature. Even in a small file of 10 pages, when scrolling too quickly up or down. The scroll gets stuck in some kind of loop, only reloading the page seems to solve the problem. Tried on 2 different macbook pro's and an Imac running Big Sur and High Sierra.
In the attached video, you first see me scrolling 'gently' which doesn't cause any problems, but after 'flicking' the mouse pad / magic mouse a few times it gets stuck in this loop.
6 votes -
comments
Review comments should stay with the original site where they were left when I sort them in a new way. Not obvious? Now comment on page 1 will stay with page 1, even if the site moved to the end. that is confusing.
2 votes -
Character missing in Adobe Devanagari font
Please review the attachment.
I am unable to locate or reproduce the character after the = using the Adobe Devanagari script. Need it urgently as I am working on a book.
1 vote -
Why the strikethrough & highlight functions are hidden?
Why are the strikethrough & highlight functions of share for review hidden?
Hi. I was really looking forward to the ability to use the Share for Review feature. I find it an immense help for reviewing and proofreading publications.
But when I start using it, the strikethrough & highlight functions do not appear in the browsers.
However, looking in more detail, I see that the options are there, but they are hidden.
I attach images
Can you tell me how to solve this problem?
I am at your disposal for any questions.
Thank you1 vote -
17.4 x64 Popup Survey Spam
17.4 x64 When using InDesign, popup: "thnk u 4 using share 4 review; take a survey." Not sharing, advised by Manan Joshi: is bug, file bug accordingly, Now More surveys. Please stop.
1 vote -
Hyperlinks In Document Not Linking Out
I am working in InDesign 17.3.
I can create and update the Share for Review link itself but all hyperlinks within the document won't work. The hyperlinks show up as links in the document and online (blue, underline) but when you click on them they don't do anything. You can't right click to get options to open in a new tab or copy the link.
The links work when you export as a PDF or publish online but not when you do Share for Review.
1 vote -
All resolved comments disappeared
Overnight all resolved comments and their respective users disappeared from the Review panel. When switching the filter no comments are shown anymore and i can't get them back in neither scenario (logging in the CC online and looking in the review link, looking in InDesign itself and so on). Is there any chance to get those resolved comments back? They haven't been deleted neither, either the client or I resolved those through both ways and the day before everything was there and viewable with the respective filter. Without them it's nearly impossible to keep a backlog of all the changes.
1 vote -
colors desaturating and layer effect discrepancy
InDesign version 18.4
Make indesign file with layer effects (multiply, overlay, etc.) in CMYK. Click Share > Send for Review. Result in the browser is desaturated and layer effect is not working as displayed in working file.
The file that is previewed in Share for Review site is both desaturated and displaying the layer effects differently than my working file. I even exported my working file and it exported as expected. My document is in CMYK as it is a print piece. I have not had trouble with the preview before. It has always displayed accurately…
1 vote -
[ID-4261145] White Horizontal lines appear on InDesign Document after enabling "Overprint Preview"
InDesign CC 13.1 x64
In every document I open, everytime there's a single line in the top area of the document/artboard. It appears when you activate the
Overprint Preview with high quality. Then InDesign generates a thin white line 1px thick and 101px away from the top of the document. It
also keeps this position when I zoom in or out. Only if I begin to drag the view via the hand tool then the line is broken (obviously it
has some trouble to refresh complete).
The line generates on all pages no matter if there're images or graphics…9 votesHi,
Thank you for reporting the issue. We have been able to reproduce the issue and it is currently under investigation.
—
Adobe InDesign Team
-
Tables and text randomly disappear in Adobe InDesign document
While working in Adobe InDesign, tables and text frames intermittently disappear from the document, even though their frames and guides are still visible. As shown in the attached image, content that should be displayed (tables and text) is no longer visible on the page layout.
This issue occurs during normal editing and navigation of the document and does not appear to be related to hidden layers or visibility settings. The problem affects document review and editing, making it difficult to verify content accuracy.
3 votes -
GREP Change all Option Bug
When applying the following formula, the GREP Change All Option caused a formatting problem in my content:
^·\t(.+)$
could you please check and suggest? I have attached my inputs here for your review.I am using Adobe Indesign CC 2021+ and MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6
1 vote -
1 vote
-
Share link is buggy in 2026 version
I recently updated to Adobe InDesign 21.1 and have had several issues with the Share for Review link.
-
InDesign periodically just drops the link and I have to create a new one to share so I loose what comments people have made already.
- When I click on SHARE button on the top left of my screen that says “Share for Review - create link to capture feedback” in order to update the link it gives me an error code that says “There was an error updating the artifact.” It won't update.
- Items that were “pinned” switch to “unmapped” when I…
1 vote -
-
Working Together with Other Designers
I work in a team of 4 designers, and on occasion we have to cover for each other and finish/amend something someone else has started. We can share for review with other departments to add their amendments fine, however if someone else opens the .indd file on our shared server they can't see the comments. Is there not a way to make the comments save to the document itself instead of the account?
2 votes -
Adobe InDesign published document
When viewing a document for review, if you scroll too quickly and then reverse the direction of the scroll, it can get caught into a scrolling loop that I cannot stop. It scrolls up and down incredibly quickly on it's own. I have to exit the document and then come back in. Happens in Chrome and Firefox.
iMac, Catalina 10.15.7
Indesign 17.011 vote -
“Missing Fonts” Alert Is Not Displayed When “Embedded Profile Mismatch” Warning Appears on Document Open
InDesign 2025 (20) and later
macOS, WindowsSteps to Reproduce
- Prepare an INDD file that satisfies both of the following conditions:
- The document’s embedded color profile does not match the current Color Settings
- One or more fonts used in the document are not installed on the current machine
- Open the INDD file.
- Observe the dialog(s) that appear.
Expected Result
Both alerts are displayed:
1. The “Embedded Profile Mismatch” dialog appears first.
2. After dismissing it, the “Missing Fonts” dialog appears as usual.Actual Result
Only the “Embedded Profile Mismatch” dialog is shown. The “Missing Fonts” dialog is never presented. The…
25 votes - Prepare an INDD file that satisfies both of the following conditions:
-
Table second row incorrect spacing by default
After including the table in the InDesign, I noticed that the second row bottom and top spacing gets automatically adjusted even if I try to adjust it manually or even after deleting the second row, the spacing on the second row is not showing up correctly. Please check attached screenshot for your review - check the second and third row spacing. Also, please check the table border lines as it is confusing.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?