publish online navigation buttons disappear in browsers and don't come back
When I view a published document, the browser based navigation buttons and menu for downloading disappear after a couple seconds and don't come back without hitting F5. This is unworkable. Please change it so the nav arrows remain on the screen, even in full screen mode. I can't have my clients struggling to go to the next page. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. In Edge, they disappear, but will reappear if I move my mouse to the edge of the screen - also very frustrating because I just want to click through the document without struggling to find the arrows. This is a browser issue, NOT a document issue - this happens with ALL documents.
Thanks for reporting this issue.
We’re going to review it shortly.
Laura Rasch commented
No Android phones can scroll through our documents we are sending them. Obviously this has been an issue for quite some time now. When will this be resolved!?
Checking in on this issue. Still happening on Android devices. Adobe, when can a fix be expected? Thx
Drew DeNardo commented
I just signed up to produce a program book for a marching band competition, planned to include the QR code inside the venue. InDesign seemed perfect! Now when I did my first test I see that none of our patrons who use Android can view the published program because the navigation disappears and doesn't come back.
How is this not a show-stopper bug for Adobe? This was reported 10 months ago!
If you're looking at your usage statistics and see that very few people are using Android -- that's not because it isn't a popular platform. Your product doesn't work on Android so of course people aren't using it.
Kieran Olsson commented
This needs to be fixed asap, feature is useless on Mobile at them moment which is over 50% of internet traffic.
I am having this same issue PLEASE FIX ASAP
Yo we need this fixed already!
It's July 2021 already, and no solution yet Adobe?
As other mentioned, except in Chrome on Android, it works in other browser (I tested using Edge for Android, and it works normally). It's not a convenient way anyway, to ask our clients to do copy-paste first to see a document in another browser.
massive issue with potential clients - online product PDFs cannot have pages turned on Android devices... please prioritise this bug
Jihad Ahamed Azeez commented
Please solve the issue ASAP. We having issue with customers one who is using ANDROID phones & Tablets
Happening here with documents I've uploaded with Publish Online today. Fine on Chrome Desktop. Not on Chrome Android.
Having the same exact issue on mobile chrome. There has to be a simple way to solve this problem.
Not being able to correctly see published documents on mobile devices is heartbreaking.
This hasn't been resolved yet. Still experiencing the same issue.
Is there an update on this issue please?
We completed extensive testing and have identified that these issues affect Chrome on Android devices, which accounts for a significant market share (~25%) of total web traffic.
As such, this issue is critical to us being able to use Publish Online for our clients.
@Ravi Kiran - how are you going with finding a fix for this?
Same issue - Google Chrome for mobile - the navigation buttons disappear and will not come back
I have the same issue. For me the unexpected behavior is only on Chrome mobile and its working fine on desktop (windows 10 pro). The "Adobe customer care" reply to me that "An Internal bug has been already reported and our team is working to fix the issue however we are unable to share an ETA for it." This is a serious issue for Chrome mobile users. I found that's an old reported issue. I hope and expect a fast solution on it.
I am having a similar problem but it seems to be isolated to Safari. My button in Google Chrome appears correctly in my interactive pdf. In Safari it is missing. I am working on an iMac.
Bruce Mills commented
I have tested this with several different browsers on desktop and laptop devices and it seems to work fine. But it simply doesn't work on Android devices with the default Chrome browser. Perhaps others as well. Big problem!
This issue is still unresolved