Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No SEO capabilities when publishing online.

If you could add SEO capabilities to Interactive PDFs when using the "publish online..." option in InDesign that would be wonderful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exporting Fixed Layout ePub files from InDesign has errors

A document exported from InDesign with a fixed layout selected has errors included in the file. Actually, the fixed layout epub is not able to be opened even in Adobe Editions PC version. Can this error be addressed and fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. InDesign publish online is not working.

I had been using it successfully all day, now it just says "document not found." Or it will partially load but certain frames will have a broken icon. Then as I click through it will suddenly stop working again and say "page not found."

HELP PLEASE!! I am working on a deadline

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Email Hyperlink Breaks

In the Hyperlinks panel, Email hyperlinks that include a subject that includes an ampersand will change from an Email-type to a URL-type when you click OK. Status will then appear as a red dot in the Hyperlinks panel instead of an envelope. Opening it again from the Hyperlinks panel will show the subject gone and in a URL format.

TO TEST - Highlight text in your document. Open the Hyperlinks Panel. Create a new hyperlink with the [+] button at the bottom of the panel, choose email as the type, type a valid email address, then enter a subject line…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Text originated from MS Word yields problematic results when exported to HTML (excessive <span> statements)

I’ve stumbled upon a bug evident in text originated from MS-Word, which affects the HTML structure when exported from InDesign. Originally I encountered it with Hebrew text in heavily-style-driven paragraphs, however I re-created it in a completely “clean” style environment as well:

(1) Create a new file in MS-Word. Type some text into it (as “Lorem Ipsum”).

(2) Copy the text and Paste into InDesign.

(3) Reset the Paragraph Style; then apply a Character style to the text (it could be a Character style with no attributes).

(4) Paste the same text into Notepad, then Copy it again from Notepad…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. hyperlink conflict when exporting epub

Indesign 16.01
    manual back-linking of endnotes: since indesign does not generate back links from endnotes in exported pdfs (unlike in epub), I made a manual backlink by defining a text anchor on the endnote reference in the text and hyperlinking the number of the endnote to that anchor.
    After doing this however, if i then try to export as an epub it seems the manual hyperlink causes a conflict with the epub export, which results in the program freezing indefinitely requiring manual shutdown by ending task in Windows (10. 20H2)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Publish online documents cannot turn pages on Android

Publish online documents does not work on Android phones or tablets. It works on iPads and iPhones and computer browsers.
    The bug: when the doc opens the navigation bar/control panel that has the pages disapperar after 1-2 seconds. When tapping on the phone it does not come back. When swiping nothing happens - have tried in all directions. I have attached an image to show that no nav bar is present.
    Here is an example:
    https://indd.adobe.com/view/1951a861-5c17-40d9-a6c8-3a9294cce9f9
    I have seen a few others mention this error (back in 2018!) but no solution has been given.
    We use the newest InDesign 2021…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Epub interactivity panel indesign

epub interactivity panel preview doesn't show the exact size of text, and it changes the objects' places.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. publish online

When I try to publish online it comes up with an error#39. I believe it's a problem with the proxy settings and my IT team are trying to fix this but they need to know what the network requirements are for it to work properly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Publish online doesn't work properly in chrome browser on new mobile devices (android)

Hi there,

We have published an interactive document with Indesign "publish online" feature. It works flawlessly in every browser, except in Chrome on some new mobiles phones with Android (not possible to go back or forward through pages or zoom). On the contrary, Interactivity and videos work properly.

We have the last indesign version (2021. Creative suite)

What's the problem?
    Thanks in advance

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When Attempt to publish a Document online it gives the Mac a panic error which cause an abrupt shutdown.

Indesign 16.
    Mac Big Sur 11.0. 1

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff80126bfb71): assertion failed: (MBUFQEMPTY(&cfq->qmq) && cfq->qstart == cfq->qend) || (!MBUFQEMPTY(&cfq->qmq) && cfq->qstart != cfq->qend), file: /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-7195.50.7/bsd/net/content_filter.c, line: 1089
    Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address
    0xffffffc1b5d536f0 : 0xffffff8011ebc66d
    0xffffffc1b5d53740 : 0xffffff8011fff073
    0xffffffc1b5d53780 : 0xffffff8011fef6aa
    0xffffffc1b5d537d0 : 0xffffff8011e61a2f
    0xffffffc1b5d537f0 : 0xffffff8011ebbf0d
    0xffffffc1b5d53910 : 0xffffff8011ebc1f8
    0xffffffc1b5d53980 : 0xffffff80126bee1a
    0xffffffc1b5d539f0 : 0xffffff80126bfb71
    0xffffffc1b5d53a00 : 0xffffff80122adcfe
    0xffffffc1b5d53a40 : 0xffffff80122ae008
    0xffffffc1b5d53bd0 : 0xffffff80122ac4ef
    0xffffffc1b5d53c20 : 0xffffff80122a921c
    0xffffffc1b5d53c90 : 0xffffff801242ecf9
    0xffffffc1b5d53ce0 : 0xffffff80124a8c20
    0xffffffc1b5d53e00 : 0xffffff801247d4c8
    0xffffffc1b5d53e30 : 0xffffff8012477e35
    0xffffffc1b5d53ee0 : 0xffffff8012477c47
    0xffffffc1b5d53f40 : 0xffffff8012569ceb
    0xffffffc1b5d53fa0 : 0xffffff8011e621f6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You do not have access to Publish Online service

Hola, actualmente estoy corriendo la versión 16.0 de Indesign, sin embargo al momento de hacer algún tipo de publicación en línea me arroja ese error pero no me da más detalles.

Todas las publicaciones de mi empresa estan actualmente caídas, alguien podría ayudarme con este error por favor?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have been working with publish online services for a few months now and have spent the past few days re-publishing the same document tryin

I have been working with publish online services for a few months now and have spent the past few days re-publishing the same document trying work out some kinks in the button operations and animation timing.

Suddenly today, I began receiving this error when trying to publish online "You cannot use this feature right now. Please check your network connectivity."

Additionally, when I try to access the publish online dashboard I see this error: "You do not have access to Publish Online service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You do not have access to Publish Online service.

I've been making interactive documents to be shared via the Publish Online function. Suddenly I'm getting the message: 'You do not have access to Publish Online service.' What's going on? I need to be able to share my work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "You don't have access to Publish Online Dashboard" error

Hello!

I've been using Publish Online to make presentations for clients, and today I got a weird problem:

Every time I try to publish, it says to check my connection (which is fine).
    And when I try to go to Publish Online Dashboard, it says that I don't have access to it, which I should have as I'm paying for Adobe.

Does anyone knows how to fix this? I've seen the problem here on the blog, but I never saw the "How to solve it".

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't publish online.

Everything worked fine until 17.00 Moscow time. Antivirus is disabled, the Internet is working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Publish Online 'Document Not Found' error message

Getting the following error when visiting any Adobe Publish Online document.

Document Not Found. The document you requested does not exist. Please check the link used to make sure it’s accurate.

Is this an internal issue? This is extremely concerning because our company has multiple documents in this format and none of them are working.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "You do not have access to Publish Online service" error

I have been working with publish online services for a few months now and have spent the past few days re-publishing the same document having had some edits.

Suddenly today, I began receiving this error when trying to publish online "You cannot use this feature right now. Please check your network connectivity."

Additionally, when I try to access the publish online dashboard I see this error: "You do not have access to Publish Online service."

Has anyone had this happen before and know what to do? I tried restarting InDeisgn and connecting to a different wifi network.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Publish Online not available!

On selecting File/Publish Online, a pop-up informs me that "You cannot use this function at this time. Please check your internet connection". Internet is working and I am signed in to CC

Version: InDesign 15.1.3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base