HTML Export Endnotes with Hyperlinks
Version: InDesign CC 2018 - 13.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use the endnote feature and in one of the endnotes (preferably after the first one), add a hyperlink.
2. Export the InDesign document to HTML
Expected Result: All endnote references are hyperlinked and the numbers for each endnote are backlinked back to the reference.
Actual Result: Endnote number is missing for all endnotes after the hyperlink that was added to the endnote and no linking occurs after the manual hyperlink.
The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (188.8.131.527) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes
Same here - it is incredibly frustrating and time-consuming when you try to create an EPUB with 100+ endnotes, some of which _must_ contain hyperlinks to external ressources.
David Forthoffer commented
I'm having the same issue.
An additional problem is that external hyperlinks—i.e., links to the websites within the endnote text itself—drop out as well. So the bug extends to hyperlinked text.
So, I take it this is still under review? A year and half later? If so, that is highly unfortunate.
I have noticed that if you place the html link after the bracket for the endnote, then it all works - you get the linked endnote and the HTML link works.
Unfortunately this issue persists in the new version of InDesign (14), and also affects ePub exports.
Shed Simas commented
Came here to report this very issue. Glad it is under review.
I am having the same issue
Chad Chelius commented
Glad you were able to reproduce and I would love if this could get fixed sooner than later! I would also like to point out that any hyperlinks after the initial one are not longer active hyperlinks in any of the other footnotes.
Monica Singh commented
Thanks User for reporting the issue, i am able to reproduce it at my end.
We will now investigate this further.