World-Ready composer breaks hyperlinks for Publish Online
When the WR composer is applied to text, it breaks hyperlinks when the document is published via Publish Online. The hyperlinks work fine when the document is sent to PDF. The hyperlinks work fine when the WR composer is changed to the Adobe Paragraph Composer.
This is to correct the title of this bug report, please reference it: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/33786565-publish-online-breaks-hyperlinks
The fix for this issue is now available in the beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.
1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
4. Click on the program to join the same.
5. You can now download the build (188.8.131.528) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes
Diane Burns commented
I worked with these files, and the cause is that the World-Ready composer breaks the hyperlinks, for Publish Online only. The PDF from the file is fine. But anytime you apply the WR Composer, the hyperlinks break in Publish Online.
We have a document in two versions, english and spanish. Both have hyperlinks throughout. The english version publishes fine, all the hyperlinks work, but when trying to publish the spanish version in the exact same manner, none of the links work when viewing online. However, if we download the spanish version PDF, all the hyperlinks are functioning.
Link to the english version:
Link to the spanish version: