1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a real collaboration with InDesign/InCopy via CC

It was hard to see, that InCopy is still using E-Mail to collaborate with editors on another place. I thought it's all in the CC!! For this is a must have: I'm sharing an InDesign-document (or parts of it) save it for my incopy-editor. The editor gets a notification (email or instant) and will open it and makes changes and new content, save it and the designer gets a notification that there is new content from editor xy. He can now accept this and the new content is inside the InDesign-document. Finish.
    But ash the moment it's very hard to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Showing open book files on Start workspace

Situation now:
    When opening a book file Indesign adds a book panel showing all contained documents. You can then open documents through this panel. I usually dock the panel to the right with my other panels to keep the workspace tight and clean.

But now the tricky part:
    When I close all documents I've set Indesign to return to the Start workspace. This shift to another workspace makes the book panel disappear as well (since it is docked with the other panels). I have to go to the menus to find the panel again.
    I guess the reason for this…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kerning Editor (with individual margin alignment options)

A Kerning Editor would fit nicely into the kerning feature, which allows to choose between optical, metrical kerning. The user would define his own kerning names.
    The Kerning Editor has a GUI which allows the user to define his own kerning pairs which override the metrical ones defined in the font's kerning tables. There I can load the metrical kerning or the optical kerning as a start for my individual kerning.
    Furthermore the new Kerning Editor has two more tokens/glyphs to kern with: the left and the right margin of a text frame. So the user can define his own…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support of XSLT2

Please add support for XSLT2, which is the XSLT standard since 2007.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic page addition or subtraction when links are updated

Dear Team,

My organization uses InDesign to compile our tender documents which vary from about 200 pages to 3000 pages in pdf format. These documents tend to change in terms of the number of pages with each tender. It would save a lot of time if InDesign would check for the new page numbers and add or remove the pages accordingly when updating links. Currently if I update my pdf file to have a few more pages, InDesign does not recognize the extra pages and therefore excludes them all together. I have to manually add the pages which is time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it possible to export iframes to ePub

To Adobe
    It is well known, that Apple blocks iFrames. But when you can insert youtube codes into an iframe in InDesign and see it work perfect in "Public Online", then why do the video disappear when I export InDesign files to the ePub format.

Claus Bangsholm

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Ignore Text Wrap" checkbox in Toolbar / Accessible in Quick Apply

1. A box in the Toolbar to check "Ignore text wrap" - for this box; And either/or make the command accessible in the quick apply list.

2. I find that I am doing this a lot to play around with designs to adapt - or not - to a image run-around. I don't want to have to find if there is a shortcut that might address this or a script.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. play video without controls

Please make it possible to hide the controls of a video clip - so its working in Publish online (right now its only working in PDF exports.

With this we could make amazing publish documents with integrated video backdrops of skys, fires or rain.. With all the NON VIDEO CONTROL goodness.

What im trying to say is video without controls can do magical things (like we could back in the good days of ... Flash.. the good days right... :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When creating a QR Code in InDesign, Allow User to select VCARD Version

We are having issues with the QR Code generator due to its 2.1 version of the VCARD. Not all readers and phones interpret that correctly, resulting in parsing errors depending on the scanner software used. It would be useful to allow the user to select which VCARD standard they want to use, such as VCARD 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, etc. This will create the metadata to be compatible with more current versions of scanning software. Not sure if version 2.1 is deprecated, but it's not always supported anymore (e.g. RedLaser, etc) causing parsing issues on the address line with iOS as…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A check box to Remove Local Formatting in an auto TOC.

You include a checkbox to Remove Forced Line Breaks in the text styles used for the auto TOC so why not one to Remove Local Formatting so the text style can display exactly the way you set it in the TOC styles dialogue. Now one must select all the text and set Character Style to None every time the TOC is updated which is inefficient. Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide the ability to hide specific pages in Publish Online

First off, this whole issue revolves around the fact that there are left and right navigation arrows built within the Publish Online interface.

In the document I'm currently making, I am using my own custom navigation arrows within my document. I have set these arrows to skip over certain pages because they will be accessing them through other buttons (in short, these navigation arrows I've created won't be leading them in a linear fashion through the document.

These work fine, but the only issue is the OTHER arrows that are actually a part of Publish Online's interface. These cycle straight…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Sticky Notes to Incopy like in Acrobat

The Layout and the the Editors work pretty close together in our company. The ability for the Editors to correct their text in the Layoutview is a nice thing for both... Layout and Editors. But we really miss the "Sticky Note" Feature known from Acrobat. When the Editors try to communicate, that they want changes being applied to the Design, thats not really possible with Incopy right now. For example, the editors would love to click the sticky note tool, so that they could place it right next to a picture and add their notes. For exmample: "make this one…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Merge variables for color that can be used in styles and as swatches

Merge doc variables for colour.

An option on the colour swatch to add a reference to link to a merged variable from a csv for a hex, rgb or cmyk colour. This would allow specific swatches to update styles in a document for text color, lines, background colors etc if a document defined style uses that particular swatch.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save as clears history

Save as clears the document undo history, i'd rather it wouldn't. Say you accidentally saved a document in stead of saving as — next you 'save as' so your new work isn't lost — next you wanna undo all the stuff you've done do re-save the original document, but you can't because the history is lost.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable copy-paste of text / text frames without breaking cross references

Today, copying a text frame with cross references breaks them - including copying text with cross references. This is very problematic and very difficult to discover during editing - and the only solution is to create the cross reference manully again. Very cumbersome.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export layered psd

It would be great to be able to export Indesign layers to layered PSD with cropped Indesign images as masked in Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Universal UI & Export Feature

Can it please be possible to export your workspace to then import it onto another computer so we don't have to re-arrange everything every time we move or have to reinstall?

It would be even better if when we log into our Adobe ID on any device, that our own workspace arrangement loads.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. edit text variable directly

Rather than having to dig down through menus to edit a variable, have it editable directly from the RMB contextual menu in the layout.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default search folders

I have to share documents with translators who having a different folder structure on the PC. They of course have the same linked files, so when opening the document, they relink all files, then save and send me. I would then have to relink again every time when opening the document for a check, because Indesign only remembers linked files folders as long as it is running. My wish: an option to permanently add folders to primarily look in for linked files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base