• My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'

Please create a new visual identifier for missing glyphs rather than using the same pink color that indicates 'missing font'. I have just answered for the 3rd time a client's question why "The text is all in pink boxes but the Find Font dialog says there's no missing font, how can this be?!" Typically this happens when Western-language documents are translated to an Asian or Cyrillic language by pasting in the supplied translation. If the designer is doing the pasting themselves, and if they're experienced enough, they can usually figure it out. But if the translation company does it and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rättelser

När man ska göra rättelser med textverktyget är inte funktionen optimal.
    Först brukar man ju markera det som ska ändras och sedan skriva in ändringen. Det jag har problem med är att man måste trycka två gånger på första bokstaven som ska ändras vilket är mycket frustrerande och lätt innebär att det blir fel i texten.
    Varför fungerar inte verktyget så att man markerar och så skriver man in ändringen som man gör i andra program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow key bindings, shorcuts and function changes for mice

Similar yet from different worlds, AutoCAD is easy to navigate a layout by zooming in and out with the mouse wheel to where the curser is pointed, as well as to pan by clicking and holding the middle mouse button. Is there a way to do this already? However, it seems that InDesign only allows binding of Keyboard shortcuts. Mouse-bindings can further reduce stress and fatigue when working on documents for extended periods of (Coming from a Civil Drafter of 7yrs). It can also improve the speed of work completed by allowing the user to more fully tailor the InDesign…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the first keystroke count

When I highlight text, I'd like my first keystroke to actually make a change rather than deleting the highlighted text. For instance, if I highlighted the word "CHANGE" (all caps) and started to type "change" (all lowercase), I am left with "ange." My first keystroke of "c" doesn't seem to come through. Thanks for looking into this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When there is a color profile mismatch, allow me to save my color setting from the drop down menu.

When there is a color profile mismatch on opening a document in InDesign, allow me to save the document to my color setting from the drop down menu that appears prior to opening the page(s). I can only do it now by opening with the existing profile and then assigning it my color profile under - Edit - Assign Profile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple find an replace

How if you make 10 or 15 replacements at once? With replacing options each, or global replacing options, as a suggestion, the dialog is two columns, the left column contains the find text boxes, and the right column contains the replace text boxes. This will be GREAT and SAVES much time. Thanks Adobe Brains!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fully support Metric units of measure for ALL Adobe applications!

ALL Adobe products should allow type sizes to be specified using Metric units of measure instead of Imperial units of measure. This would avoid errors from converting between two different units of measure.

This website (https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/metric-typo/) also recommends the use of a publishing 'metric point' equivalent to .25 mm because it corresponds to the dot pitch of many computer monitors.

There is also a unit of measure called the English Metric Unit that is equal to 914400, which would make it easier for your programmers to convert between Imperial and Metric units of measure. Please see http://polymathprogrammer.com/2009/10/22/english-metric-units-and-open-xml/.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the initial view of PDFs Created in InDesign to be set in InDesign

Have settings within the PDF export window that allow to to set the initial view when opening the PDF, i.e two page continuous, or two up with cover page) without having to open the PDF in Acrobat and select this feature every time you create a new PDF.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tabs whose location is set from the right instead of from the left (not just the right-aligned tab!)

Recently setting a series of tables of financial data, I noticed that, if the column width varied, I had to set individual decimal-aligned tabs for each column to ensure that the numbers ended up a similar distance from the right edge of the column. (In other words, so that the numbers in the narrow columns aligned correctly on the decimal without having the numbers in the wide columns appear too far to the left.)

Would it be possible to create a set of tab stops whose positions are calculated from the right-hand edge rather than the left? This would have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Table option to disallow breaking across pages

I would like to be able to specify that a table should not break across columns, frames or pages. It could be an option in the Table Options ('Keep entire table together') that could then be specified in the Table Style. Alternatively, if it's easier, I'd be happy with the existing Cell Option 'Keep with next row' to be available as an option to set in the Cell Style, and I could then apply the appropriate cell style as the basic cell style in the Table Style. This would be much easier than manually selecting each individual table and applying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Great new palettes

I like Adobe add great features to InDesign:
    1- Ligature Manager: to enable \disable specific ligature(s) in a document, since Unicode and opentype revolutionized the typography abilities.
    2- Kerning Manager: to enable \disable specific kerning pairs in a document, since many non-latin font metrics are badly calculated.
    3- Equation Editor: for maths, chemistry… etc.
    4- Footnote Improvement: to enable user to add marginal footnotes, put footnote in columns… etc.
    Very Much Thanks to Adobe Brains.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Uncheck Shared Hyperlink Destination by default

In the panel 'New Hyperlink' the box 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' is by default checked. I always (must) uncheck it. Two questions: can I reset these default-settings somewhere. (I think not - but I'll like to do that). There is no possibility to put this check on/off under a shortcut. That should be nice for automation-purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No language for multiple table cells

I create a huge amount of tables for the medical field. The tables have a lot of medical terms and medicines that I do not want to spell check. I could set up a paragraph style for “no language” but some cells do need to be spell checked.

When you select more than one cell down or across there doesn’t seem to be any way to select “no language” at the top of the screen... it automatically goes into paragraph mode and there doesn’t seem to be any way around this.

I would like to select multiple contiguous cells and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Command Z

I am on a Mac and recently downloaded InDesign 2018. When using Undo (Cmd-Z) it now only restores one character at a time instead of the whole block that was typed in that action. Undo worked fine in previous versions of InDesign. This is too time-consuming and would appreciate if you would put it back the way it used to be. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 囲い文字を簡単に作成する機能

テキストに簡単に四角い囲みを作成できる機能が欲しい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to scroll pages even in the export pdf menu.

In previous versions was possible to scroll in pages tab even when the PDF export dialog window was open, that was great to scroll in content and select all pages I needed to preview printed.

Not sure, if it wasn't just bug before but I am missing it now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trash/clear out Find/Change completely

The ability to trash everything in the find/change window so you can start fresh with a brand new search. Right now you have to delete things like “change format” individually and each field stays filled in. This is nice if you are keeping something in your search for a while, but not when you want to start fresh.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Print Booklet - Export Issues

Print Booklet - Export Issues.
    Before the update back in January roughly the Print Booklet export was quick and very responsive.

For some reason now the booklet export does takes over 3-5 minutes for even a small file which is only 4mb. Previously this would have taken seconds now it is taking long periods of time and also blocking my whole system up which will not allow me to use other programs etc.... This has only happened since the update from 2017 to 2018 Indesign CC.

Has anyone else had this issue and has anyone got a fix for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notify us of bugs while they are being fixed.

When you have a bug, it would be nice to get a notice. I just spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the dictionary. Finally got in a chat and realized I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It's fine you have bugs. It's amazing what the software does. I don't mind not using a feature while the bug gets fixed. It would, though, save me time and frustration to know that you're working on it and I should relax and wait.

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base