1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stroke Management in Table

Please put some buttons to select inner strokes / outer strokes of tables rather than right click on the miniature table graphic on strokes panel.

It will be very useful if you put one click option for Select All strokes, Select Border, Select Inner etc. Right click on that miniature cell sometimes very difficult. And make it the default selection for atleast one document

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find/Change can able to group the multiple saved queries

Find/Change can able to group the multiple saved queries so that I can apply grouped queries simultaneously in the document.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Title Case

When sentence case is added to the paragraph styles panel, please add a place where we can list a set of words to be omitted if they appear after the first word. For example: and, the, a, an.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Store the state of a style group, open or closed, when saving a document

Current state:
    If I open a style group in a styles panel, save, close and reopen the document all style groups are closed by default.

Feature modification request:
    Save the state of a style group, open or closed, when saving a document.

This should be done to all panels that allow for style groups.

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add proper standard printing condition(s) and icc-profiles

Adobe, please change the standard color presets for printing to the proper standard printing conditions and profiles that are published by the European Color Initaitive ECI (eci.org.). The icc-profiles are publically available.
    Actually, Adobe still uses outdated FOGRA39 characterization data by default, second Adobe applies FOGRA39 in an own icc-profile that differs from the standard-profile by the ECI.
    FOGRA39 is outdated, it's been replaced by FOGRA51 since years, for good reason. ECI has published the corresponding standard ICC-profile "PSO coated v3", which should find it's way into Adobe's color settings. Please integrate the official ECI-profiles, because these are highly optimized…

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duplicating pages in InDesign - but not at the end of a document

When duplicating pages in Indesign they always appear at the end of the document. We should be able to select where in the document we want the pages to be added, as we do when inserting new pages.
    So, 'Duplicate Pages''; "Insert Before/After page XX" etc

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scroll Bar Access

Panels should not overlap the page vertical scroll bar. Instead they should snap on right side of the pasteboard [Offset the width of the scrollbar] allowing access to the scrollbar. saving you have to close panels

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag an image directly from the links panel to the page.

There's something i'd LOVE to see in inDesign.

Imagine, you design a document, with different images, logos, etc. They come from libraries, folders, bridge, you name it.

Now you realize a logo you used on page 1 needs to replace a logo on page 24. But not ALL logos. And you want to do it visually by dragging and dropping.

You'd need to copy, paste inside, or use the relink command. And may be need to dig in your CC libraries to find it again.

Same thing if you'd like to place it somewhere else. You have all your links…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Windows File Explorer Preview

A feature that shows a preview of an .indd document in the Windows File Explorer preview pane. Other file formats such as PDF, EPS, Excel, Word, AI, etc. will show the file in the preview pane.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it obvious in the Page palette when a page dimension has been changed with the Page tool

In a multi-page doc, it is not obvious when the dimensions of individual pages have been changed with the Page tool.

This can waste time or at worst be disastrous if a document at the wrong size is inadvertently sent to print.

I suggest some kind of colour tint or bright border to page thumbnails to clearly identify when a page dimension has changed from the document’s core dimensions.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option (MAC) Duplicate Broken

InDesign 2020 OPTION Duplicate is now broken, just like Photoshop has always been.

Don't make me commit to the duplicate before moving an item.

Sometimes I'll move a box, then realize I intended to duplicate it, so then I'll press OPTION... now I have to commit to it FIRST.

Fix this and stop breaking things!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Creation of Table of Contents — Adjustable size of the interface window (width and height)

Creation of Table of Contents — Adjustable interface window (width and height)

When working in huge and very complex documents — with dozens and dozens of paragraph styles and very complex table of contents —, the limitations of the interface window are rather annoying. The window cannot namely be expanded to have a better view of the selected styles.

The number of visible styles is namely limited to four (see screenshot). And the width cannot be adjusted either.

It would thus be a considerable improvement if the window size could be customized in order to have a much better view…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable external plugins from earlier versions when packaging files

I find that some files created with cs5.5/cs6 use external plugins that get embedded in CC 2019 and then cause them to crash when opened on another system without those plugins. Is there any way to disable the plugins at the package stage? That would ideal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add all case options to styles menu. Styles missing lowercase and sentence case.

For whatever reason the lowercase and sentence case options are available from the top menu under Type, but are not enabled in the paragraph style options. Please cross-enable the features. I recently had a client change the ingredients in a 200 page recipe book from sentence case to all lowercase. I ultimately ran a find and replace by style using GREP code, but it would've been much easier and more efficient to be able to build this into the styles.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. External Styles / Style Libraries to push Style updates dynamically and automatically to all documents.

Please develop some kind of External Style file format, that can be applied locally, and hopefully, via the cloud. But at least locally, PLEASE.

It is a crime that InDesign currently has NO WAY whatsoever to keep multiple documents styles synced. I run into this deeply frustrating problem all the time.

Currently, If I create a template file with some styles, and use that to create documents, and then If I update or refine paragraph styles, character styles, table styles, etc — there is no way for me to easily carry over those same styles to all other documents that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Indesign feature

Please add in "outline stroke" (which is an illustrator function) to indesign. We need this for when a printer requests that all strokes are outlined.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Split Story

When working on long documents, it's often unwieldy working with a single long text block, and splitting stories involves cutting and pasting, which takes time and creates possibilities for error. Instead, we should be able to split a text thread with a single click and KEEP the text where it was (instead of having the text as excess in the first text block, with blank text boxes thereafter). A StorySplitter script was created that does this, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Such a basic feature should be included in InDesign.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sticky last font selection in Type > Font drop down menu.

1. When designing in InDesign or Illustrator, etc., I often scroll down the text menu, pick a font, work with it a while then go back to the font menu to try the next font. Unfortunately the font menu always goes back to the top of the list. I would like the font drop down menu to pop back to the current font so I can continue where I left off in the list.

2. Failing that idea, at least add a scroll bar and maybe highlight the current font in the list so I can get back to where…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Name spreads for export

When we export as png or other formats from indesign we always have to rename all our exported pages and spreads. Over and over again if we make changes and export again. Why cant we have the option to give a spread or a page a defined name for export. Example, I always have to rename documentname(15) to banner_560x500 and does this on all 15 exports. Please look into it ❤️

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base