When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable relative searches, e.g. 'point size more than 10 pts' or 'space before less than 6 pts'

You can use the Find Text and Find Grep features to look for certain constant values, e.g 'point size 12 pts', 'tracking 75', 'space before 6 pts'.

But it's not possible to search for relative values, e.g. 'point size less than 12pts'. And it's not possible to do negative, e.g. search for certain text in paragraphs that do not have a certain paragraph style applied.

These features would make it much easier to find text with missing or incorrectly applied formatting, and generally would mean that the search scope can be specified more flexibly, which in turn means that InDesign's…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share for Review - Option to select/highlight text

When an editor is reviewing the document it whould be verry nice to have the option to select a part of a sentence that has to be corrected. Now there is only the option to pin it or draw a shape.

The editor now had to select the text, make a Pin and paste the text that has to be changed in the review box and add the new text.

Ideal whould be to have the option when text is selected the interface makes a new notiation from the selected text and highlights it in the document.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. share for review track changes

If you add a "track changes" option in the share for review function, it will be super! Now my clients mark things to be changed (mostly textual corrections) and when i've marked them as done, the marking is gone, so the client can't verify that the changes are made the way they wanted.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shorthand Styles Panel

If someone doesn’t want to have to type the words 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 over and over, they simply click 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭 > 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 > 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 > 𝐀𝐝𝐝:

𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝: ty
    𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: thank you

That is the typical way users do it. If Adobe can make a new panel called 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬 that would be helpful. It would function almost like 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬 but be it’s own separate entity:
    1. Select the words 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 with your 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐫 (or you can select as many words as you want)
    2. Click 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬
    3. Then, click 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞
    4. 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞: Compliments
    5.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Button for "Approve Artwork"

For the "Share For Review" feature, it would be extremely helpful to have an "Approve" button and possibly an "Approve with changes" and "Send new proof with changes" button. Having these have options we can toggle would be great as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PublishOnline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make the Paragraph Style Options panel resizable

When on a laptop, opening the Paragraph Style Options takes almost the whole size of my laptop screen. There is no way to resize this, and it is almost impossible to view the effect of the changes you are making.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share for review - A Great New Feature

I just started testing the new Share for Review and am really liking it so far - very smooth and an upgrade over the Publish online feature which I tried but found was no better than just saving a PDF to the cloud and sharing that. I like that in Share for Review I can just hit update on an active document. I am hoping over time to see the following added to this great new feature:

• The ability to allow clients to download a PDF version

• More Annotation tools (Highlights, cross-out, underlines, etc...)

• The Ability to Create Versions

• Bonus…
    6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Data merge: Classification Master pages

Es solle möglich sein, über die Datentabelle für jeden Datensatz eine Musterseite zuordnen zu können. Ähnlich wie QR-Code und Images bekommt die Spalte ein Sonderzeichen, in der die Bezeichnung der Musterseite steht.
    Nach der Datenzusammenführung hat dann jeder Datensatz die entsprechende Musterseite.
    Translation google: It should be possible to assign a sample page for each data record via the data table. Similar to QR code and images, the column is given a special character in which the name of the sample page is written.
    After the data merging, each data record then has the corresponding master page.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Changing the Appearance in Properties Panel

In Properties Panel under "Appearance," there's a box with a "T" in it. Only when you click the box do "Color", Swatches" and "Gradient" appear. It would make more sense to have them on the right side of "Fill" so that they are visible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Refine "No Break" by providing suboptions

While hyphenation preferences can be refined at the Paragraph (style) level, Character (style) options only provide a boolean “No Break” attribute which prevents line breaks whatever the location of the text in the layout.

Note, for example, that “Hyphenate Across Column” is available as a paragraph option while the user may actually want to turn on/off column breaks from within a character style. The “No Break” attribute is then too harsh, since it fully disallows line breaking.

Suppose a ITEMS character style is associated to proper names or book titles. We may want to allow regular line breaking for these…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Author to mark comment as complete without removing the reference.

Currently, if I (the author) mark something as "resolved", it removes the comment and prevents the person who created the comment from being able to easily see what they have done and how it was resolved.

it would be nice for people invited to review to see what past comments they have made (maybe grey out a comment that is marked "Resolved" so that they can go back to that page and see. Then, if it is not done to satisfaction, they could un-resolve it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Revamp the OpenType UI

1. Revamp or build an OpenType Panel.

2. Teaching to use lower case #s (Old Style Figures), contributing to typographic awareness, etc. re https://ilovetypography.com/2014/10/22/better-ui-for-better-typography-adobe-petition/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [15.1.1.103] Share for REVIEW | Panel is going blank after I did Save As with the same doc name

Connection to the review is lost AFTER I save the document with:
    Save As with the same name.

If this is "as designed" the feature should be changed!
    "Save As" to the same document name should NEVER break the connection to the review.

Regards,
    Uwe Laubender
    ( ACP )

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ability to choose layers to print in the print dialogue

It would be nice to have the ability to activate/deactivate layers in the print / export dialogue box, especially when printing book-files which contains a lot of documents with language layers. Now I'll have to open all documents one-by-one to switch language before I can print /export the complete book file for that language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification Settings

Getting notified for every single comment seems like over kill in some cases, especially in the early parts life of a document where I can be receiving multiple comments on one page. If Adobe can add a setting where the owner can toggle how many comments can be posted before a notification gets sent out that would be great. Or have a "notify" button that when pushed will send a notification out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. General notes

I am very much appreciating this new feature, as are my clients. I would like to request an ability to make general notes about my design changes without having to necessarily pin them to a particular spread. Sometimes my comments are big picture and guide the client to consider a larger idea or concept, as opposed to comments or changes to specific areas of the document. I could see this being a field at the top of the comments bar for general comments. Thank you for considering!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Content aware fit in object style // InDesign

Please make it possible to use the function "content aware fit" for images in an object style.
    // InDesign

Thanks, Heike Burch // www.moliri.com

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base