1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alt-text inside Links Panel

Can we have a column added to the Links Panel that lists the alt-text of the image so I can open/edit it from the links panel rather than finding it inside my document?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import formatting from PDF comments

InDesign should apply what ever it recives from the PDF. The formating options for the comments are pretty limited – Bold, Italic, Underline, ...

If I accept a comment that has italic characters, the formatted text would be [italic].

If I accept a comment that has bold characters, the formatted text would be [bold].

If I accept a comment that has bold italic characters, the formatted text would be [bold italic].

If I am using a font that does not have an Italic weight (Maybe it uses Regualre Italic), the text would just recive the standart missing font warning (The…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow resizing of a document with the ease of Illustrator's resizing tools.

Please allow a document resizing tool, much like the tool in AI, for quick and easy document resizing. Sometimes it's hard to know what size I need the document to be so I have to go in multiple times to edit the size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Page range(s) and pages/spreads options in Share for Review

Export options for Share for Review

Ability to select page range(s), individual pages vs spreads, etc. directly in the export process, not buried in the last PDF export settings.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share for Review: A SIGNED-OFF feature/tick box for client to approve the work

Am pasting this is a stand alone item as I see its grouped in a number of other requests where there are multiple feature requests in same request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show grid in front of some layers but not all

Add a setting to somehow designate a point within the layer stack where the baseline grid would appear. The desire is to have the grid visible in front of a background layer but behind everything above that. Perhaps in Preferences->Grids where there is currently a "Grids in Back" checkbox, there could be an additional checkbox of "Except lowest layer" or "Except lowest __ layers" or something. Alternatively, the setting could be in Layer Options, something like "Show Grids in front of this layer". You get the idea.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Live Collaboration Feature

Please add a function to collaborate on one document with multiple users simultaneously. Version Control is one of the biggest tasks on our Indesign projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 画像やテキストのリンクについて

画像やテキストのリンクで、仕様では絶対パスのみだが、
    設定で、相対パスも選べるようにして欲しい。
    WEBサイト制作時のように、
    同じような作品をいくつも作る際に、
    作品毎のフォルダ環境を同じ状態にしておけば、
    リンク更新せずに画像、テキストを自動的に
    拾ってくれるようになり、とても便利だと思う。
    今回サポートに質問させていただき、
    出来ないことに驚いている。
    あって当然の機能だと思います。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text perfectly aligned with text frame

If the white space on the left/right hand side of a character (image attached) can be ignored, the option of snapping the text frame with objects, guides/grids, could be possible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Just like........actually do *something* to improve InDesign??

Many popular, highly voted Indesign feature requests—even some that you've responded to—have just been sitting here languishing for yearS...literally yearS. Would it be possible to do something? Like... just do something to improve the development of the program we all rely on for our careers? Thanks<3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need Better (and Less-Hidden) Accessibility Tagging Options

Please make it much easier to add accessible alt-text to InDesign documents. There should be an accessibility panel and pre-check to make it very easy for designers.

As it is now, it's too hidden: https://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/indesign/alt-text.html

Posted in reference to my tweet, at the request of Adobe Support: https://twitter.com/exkclamation/status/1424788475698499585

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Navigation Points have been re-introduced in the Media panel. This feature is available in the latest release of InDesign (version 16.0). Please use this release to use Navigation Points for Video/Audio files.

However, the Controller options will not be available. As communicated earlier, all options (Controller options being one of them) related to Flash/Flash player have been removed from InDesign as Flash Player is now being EOL’d (End of Life).

InDesign team

13. Show/Hide global baseline and textframe baseline individually

It would be nice to be able to show/hide the global baseline and textframe baseline individually. At the moment they are turned on and off together which can be pretty hard to navigate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Open location from 'Recent files' in explorer or bridge

I normally save my exports to somewhere very close to the INDD file. Would love to be able to open a bridge or explorer window to the location of the files listed in 'Recent files' (the home screen when nothing is open).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please bring back Indesign CS6 feature of Footnote Leading to be at zero so that We can have inline footnotes.

Please bring back the Indesign CS6 feature of Footnote Leading can be made at zero so that We can have inline footnotes. (Multiple vertical footnotes can be made in the same line horizontally to save space). Please see the attached file as an example. Currently, all the CC Indesign versions by default put a space between footnotes vertically (Leading). No matter what it does not allow the multiple footnotes to be in the same line horizontally. That is like deleting a very useful feature and reducing the capabilities of Indesign for Publishing industry formatters like us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  InDesign Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add numbering page option: set single number for facing pages

Please add an option to number two facing pages like one. For example: normal numbering 1, 2, 3, 4. With new option p. 1 (1 and 2), page 2 (3 and 4). Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to draw a text frame on top of another text frame

Making a new text frame on top of an existing text frame is something I very frequently need to do. However, as it is, for different reasons this simple process is needlessly cumbersome.

I have two suggested solutions (I have a dream that both could be implemented, and make a basic upgrade to my workflow):

1. Make the type tool able to draw a text frame on top of another text frame. Explanation: When hovering the type tool above an empty area, the tool turns into a text frame tool, as indicated by the cursor. However, when hovering above an existing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Highlighting non-consecutive words

I would like to easily highlight non-consecutive words in a document, e.g. names of people in an article, so that I can apply a style sheet to all the highlighted words with one click of the style sheet.

Don't want to use GREP, just a simple keystroke or keystroke combination, e.g. shift > highlight; shift, option > highlight.

Carpel tunnel syndrome is bad enough.

Thank you for the consideration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Being able to change Topic Levels in indices after they have been added to the index

After a topic has been added to the index, it’s no longer possible to e.g. move the current topic to Topic Level 2 and add a new Topic Level 1. Would be amazing if it was.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dynamic QR Codes By Default

I'd like to request that all QR Codes that are created by In-Design are dynamic by default. I realize there would be some server costs and such, but being able to update a QR Code destination after an item has been printed would be a huge help. Adobe could also white label a dynamic QR Code service already in existence to make this feature come to market sooner.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base