When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix endnote placement options to include placement immediately following chapter text.

I have yet to see a book with chapter endnotes that had notes starting on a new page rather than immediately after the chapter text. It isn't possible, though, in InDesign, to select this as an option. Can this be addressed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. InCopy default view preferences

It would be great if InCopy users could set their own "view" preferences and have them be used when opening all InDesign documents. Currently the screen mode (Preview or Normal) is determined by the last InDesign user that saved the INDD. This is the same for grids and guides (something InCopy users usually don't need to see).

Ideally this should work the same way you can set the default view of Layout/Galley/Story by doing so without a document open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Object Styles (Size and Position) Reference point

Object Styles (Size and Position) Reference point is now only possible from te left and top side of a page or margin.
    Please make it possible to set from bottom and/or right side of page or margin or spread.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Complex spread layout and spread containing 10+ pages

We do a lot of large format printing. In some cases we have large displays arranged in rows and columns. Unfortunately it's not possible to arrange pages of a spread in rows and columns like in Illustrator.

I could create a large page and freely arrange smaller pages inside the large page, but that's very limited, because all pages need to be part of the same spread—and spreads itself are limited to 10 pages.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Object Style option for Graphic Cells in the Cell Style dialog…

Please add an option to choose an Object Style for the Graphic Cell part in the Cell Style Dialog (just like the Paragraph Style Option in the General tab of the same dialog…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More organization for CC Library files

I love the idea of using CC Libraries, but we have multiple versions of our logo built for different scenarios. We have different size logos built for a range of book spines, different colors depending on background, and logotype versions for specific product lines. Right now, I'm creating shorthand in the name of each element to differentiate them, but having metadata or notes for each item would help a lot. I could see the note popping up when you hover over an item. Another solution would be customizable sections within each Library. That way I could organize the logos within…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put spinners back in Object>Tranform

Bug, oversight, or poor design has eliminated the spinners that allow me to efficiently resize and reposition an object. Please put them back - I use them constantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Selection Overprint Preview

I mean if you have more than 500 pages in Indesign and all have lots of photograph then very difficult to see original preview and It will be take time thats why please develop script for selection and page wise ("whatever want to select and overprint preview") no need to overprint preview whole pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple masters for pages

I design the labels for a company. They have a huge amount of products, and a lot of times the same product has a different label when the weight is different, or when the product is sold to a specific location.

It would be great to have the option to apply multiple masters per page. That way you can separate some repeating graphics that occur in certain situations. I would like to be able to have certain elements of the design be applied in certain labels, and I would like it to be with a master. So a label will…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Long Document Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TYPEKIT FONTS - same download / deletion timeframe as the apps themselves! offline usage necessary

WHY? are you tighter and stricter on tiny fonts and more flexible on big apps (i.e. 30 days offline access)?
    HOW? do i use CC apps offline and design text work without FONTS?
    if you can limit access to apps to the end of subscription, and you can limit font access by requiring being online, ergo you can design access to your components anywhere on the timeline between those 2 endpoints. it makes zero sense to be flex on offline app access, then strict and tight on offline typekit font access. cool on the larger and jerks on the smaller?…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Additional PDF export button for "CURRENT PAGE"

Without a lot of expensive coding, could you add a button for "CURRENT PAGE" in the dialog box for export PDF? It would be a lot quicker than having to enter the page number every time you want to export each page separately.
    E.G.

In Pages section
    ALL
    CURRENT PAGE
    RANGE

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Name PDF with the template name !

I can export PDF by template ... but not include the name of this template in my PDF's name !! Why not ?!

This evolution = better productivity ^^

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. flickering

InDesign flickers white and all artwork/text disappears. I have to reposition my window to make it reappear. It keeps happening every few minutes. I have completely removed all Adobe CC products and reinstalled, as well as deleted my preferences and work spaces. Please help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expand file name & exported file name instead of task bar in background task palette

In the background task palette the progress is shown by a growing bar plus a percentage number (double feature for what reason?).

But there is not enough space to display the full file name and the name of the exported file (screenshot 1). Even if you enlarge the palette (screenshot 2) the only change is a bigger progress bar – and no change within displaying the file names.

Yes, I know: the full file names are displayed when I do a mouseover, but expanding the fields of the file names if you expand the whole palette would be a small…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adding a separate pages or extract pages as individual pages feature.

Working in a newspaper environment, our layout clerk sets up our paper in sections. If our A Section is 12 pages, she sets it up as a 12 page section and dummies the advertisements on the pages. When our editorial staff grabs the pages to do their jobs, they need to be able to work on each page individually, not as one full document. It would be extremely beneficial (without having to "MOVE PAGES" or copy and paste) if our layout clerk could separate or export the document as individual indesign pages. Our layout and editorial departments are currently transitioning…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Same color management in all adobe product

This will be a great feature for simplicity and collaborative work.

Actually, each program have a different system for choose color, and I'm sure you can improve that with give the same logical and features in all program.
    Import photoshop palet in Indesign or Illustrator and vice versa...
    Add the Color them Tool in photoshop and Illustrator...and maybe why not in After Effect and Premiere...
    Sure you can do something great and identical in all your great products, even if you have not need CMJN/Pantone etc.. colors in video projects.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors/Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expose a page item's height and width to scripting

A script can determine a page item's dimensions via its geometricBounds property. But this doesn't work when the page item is overset. To get the dimensions of page item in overset text, you have to expose the page item temporarily, which is always time-consuming and often barely possible.

So if we could have properties such as

myTextFrame.width
    myTextFrame.height

that would be very useful.

Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create strokes/guides for Production purposes.

When creating a layout that requires fold lines, these strokes could be placed across the layout BUT only show up in the slug/bleed area. This would eliminate 2 smaller strokes on either side of the doc or one continuous stroke with a white box over the center portion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. After data merge, export to split PDF

I do lots of work that involves creating personalized documents for event attendees (schedules, welcome letters, etc.). I merge attendee data from the registration site. Upon rendering a merged document, I should be able to export each page as an separate PDF using data fields as filenames. "Smith, John Itinerary.pdf" for each person, for example. The workaround for this involves generating and exporting bookmarks to Acrobat, which is convoluted and doesn't always work.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base