1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8 results found

1. Adjust Layout - Off by default please.

Finding the new Adjust Layout in InDesign 2019 a bit of a liability as is turned ON by default.

Can you please add a setting to turn off globally and turn on only when needed? Currently doesn't seem possible.

Thanks

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

2. Properties Panel More Options

I quite like the idea of the new Properties Panel, but it would be great to have the options to have the "More Options" items to be expanded permanently. Right now the auto collapse once you change from item to item. I understand if you are working on a laptop, the fact that they auto collapse is helpful but when you are working on a large screen I don't want to keep looking for my options. Please add a preference that makes the expanded options sticky.
    Thanks, Julian

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The fix for this issue is now available in the latest update (14.0.2) of InDesign 2019.

If you are unable to see the update notification, open the menu (three dots) from the top-right of Creative Cloud desktop application and click on ‘Check For App Updates’.
    Once the update button is shown against InDesign, click on the button to update to Id 14.0.2.

The list of fixed issues can be found at: helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Adobe InDesign team

3. Option to have list indents work near text-wrap objects

Currently, when text containing bulleted or numbered lists wraps around an object, all indents associated with the list settings are ignored (this might be related to tab settings, since those don't follow the wrap either). The typical workaround is to change the Text After to an en-space and add an "Indent to Here" character, but the en-space trick won't work for numbered lists and "Indent to Here" won't work if the text wrap edge is not perfectly straight vertical. See the attached screenshot for a demonstration based on real work I did yesterday. In order not to disrupt existing layouts,…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fix for this issue is available in the latest InDesign version - InDesign 2023. The fix should solve most of the issues that were seen earlier.

A new option "Honor Text Indents in addition to Text Wrap" is introduced in Preferences > Composition dialog. It is turned ON by default for new documents created in ID2023. For documents created in previous InDesign versions, this option is turned off by default - which can be turned ON to see the improved behavior.

Please let us know how the fix is working for you.

--

Adobe InDesign team

4. Static Endnotes

I need a possibility to turn off the automatic endnote function that appears in InDesign CC 2018. It may be practical for some applications, but it greatly impedes the flexibility of many designs. Can someone tell me if this is possible – the endnotes don't need to be dynamic for my purposes. The way they were imported when placing a Word document in ID CC 2017 was fine.
    Richt now, the only way I know to work around it is to use Peter Kahrel's footnote to endnote script.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    FIXED  ·  Abhinav Kaushik responded

Hello All,
    Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 15.0

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 15.0
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

-InDesign Team

5. Shortcuts can't be assigned to Styles if Keyboard does not have Numpad.

In the Adobe docs it says "If your keyboard does not have a Num Lock key, you cannot add keyboard shortcuts to styles." I can't believe that Adobe is perfectly content with just excluding large portions of its Mac user base, those of us who are exclusively using a Mac laptop for work (which does not have a keyboard with a numeric pad or the Num Lock Key), from being able to create and therefore take advantage of time-saving shortcuts for character styles. I mean, come on. Why is it again that I am paying $50/month for Adobe CC?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    FIXED  ·  Abhinav Kaushik responded

Hello All,
    Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
    We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 15.0

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.

You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 15.0
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

-InDesign Team

6. Spell Check in Reverse (Backward) direction.

When running spellcheck on a document.. Id like to be able to go back. I click through the spell check pretty fast in the interest of time. Id Like a "back button" instead of just a "skip" forward button or "ignore all" button... Instead of having to go through the entire document to get back to the word i saw that might be misspelled. I'd like to be able to click back to the word then proceed through the remainder of the document.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have implemented this feature in the latest version of InDesign (InDesign 15.0). Now in addition to Spell Check in Forward direction, you can choose “Backward” direction while checking spelling.

Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out this feature.

Adobe InDesign Team

7. Add Endnote Support for InCopy

Please add endnote support for Adobe InCopy. Without it, InCopy sadly is pretty much useless.
    InDesign Footnotes are too inflexible and working with manual Footnotes is not really feasible in larger documents.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better rounded corner options

It would be great if InDesign could do what HTML / CSS can do with respect to rounding corners:

1) Allow an object to be completely rounded — a 1" square w/ .5" rounded corners should look like a circle (see attachment). (Referred to here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/Incompletely-rounded-corners-in-InDesign/m-p/10659192)
    2) (this is secondary, but would be cool) Allow an object's rounding to be percentage-based, so a 2x1 rectangle w/ 50% rounded corners would look like an oval.

The first is the most useful — being able to have live type inside a pill shape is fairly valuable in all sorts of cases.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base