Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

Bug details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. InD responding slowly

This isn't a "bug" per se, but InD has slowed to a crawl when using. Doesn't matter if I am trying to select text, change tools, or click on a menu item. It's been going very slow for a while now, doesn't matter the file. I have tried to trash preferences and reinstall InD, and nothing has changed it. Oh, and I just have major lag, not a spinning ball.

I am Win10, InD CC 14.0.2. The only plug-in I am running is Suitcase Fusion, and that is up to date as well.

Help please, as InDesign is unusable at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem in switching between 'Text' and 'Selection tool'.

Hello, I am facing a problem in switching between 'Text' and 'Selection tool'. While using short-cut, if the 'Selection' tool is selected and I press 'T' for Text Tool, it changes to 'Text Tool' for a nanosecond and went back to Selection Tool.
    Because of which I have to manually select the Text tool to make a text hangar.

Also the duplicate short cut command doesn't work properly.

Please look into this matter.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. gpu

I am staggered that Adobe InDesign does not support GPU performance on standard display i-Macs - there must be tens of thousands of frustrated InDesign users now struggling with performance issues. This is a huge oversight, particularly when Photoshop and Illustrator both support GPU performance on older iMacs - sad to say very poor of Adobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wacom tablet settings nonfunctional

Wacom tablet setting for InDesign CC 2019 won't show or function in the active application. The touch ring and radial menu setting do not show up. The default settings appear instead. The screen grabs demonstrate how the touch ring behaves with the four default functions; autoscroll/Zoom, Cycle Layers, Brush Size and Canvas Rotation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+Shft+G (Ungroup) acts strange

In Windows 10, Indesign 14.0:

Ungrouping with keyboard shortcut only works when I:

1. hold Ctrl+LeftShift,

2. then touch RightShift (while holding Ctrl+LeftShift) (????)

3. press G (while still holding Ctrl+LeftShift)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. File Info (description) on placed photographs in indesign CC 14 is unable to be copied to clipboard when selected.

File Info (description) on placed photographs in indesign CC 14 is unable to be copied to clipboard when selected. This means we are unable to caption images using metadata in our newsroom workflow. Is anyone else having this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. tool

When working with Indesign CC2018 and still in CC2019 on Mac. I can't use the Toolbox/bar on my second monitor connected to my MacBook. When the Toolbox is placed/locked on to the left hand side of the screen, the submenus of all tools (Type, Pen, Pencil etc.) don't open on my secondary monitor, but semi randomly are placed on the display of my MacBook. the only way to "fix" this is to place the Toolbox on the MacBook's display, but that's not the way to go about it...
    It has something to do with different resolutions of the two screens,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CC library saying signed out but cloud is signed in

The CC library panel in indesign 2018 13.1 x64 on Windows 8 says i'm signed out of creative cloud and cant access my libraries but i'm signed in.

Only fix I can find atm is to forcefully sign out then back in but it resets everytime I shut down my computer and I dont want to keep doing that just to access my library.

Advice would be fab - Cheers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Performance GPU

Issue at hand. The latest InDesign and Illustrator have poor GPU performance. All of my fonts and graphics are "blurry" and Pixlelated. No one has called me back, and am pretty disappointed.

My case no. ADB-1524437-B1P3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fast save is taking 37 seconds

I imported a Word file that has a lot of linked footnotes into InDesign 2018. Spread by spread, I touch each paragraph to fix overrides. There is no reflow of text when I do this step. Yet when I do a plain "save" before going to the next spread, InDesign is taking 37 seconds to save. 37 seconds of watching the rainbow spin. InDesign is acting like it is reflowing every page in the background as it quick saves. That should not be necessary. The last time I experienced this type of slowness was back in the PageMaker days. The…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. paragraph styles panel

InDesign CC
    Expected: Paragraph Styles Panel opens to a list of my styles
    Actual: Panel opens and the list cannot be seen until the panel is widened to 3x its normal size.

The panel appears to be split into two columns with the styles in the left column. When the panel is narrowered (ie normal size), the styles column collapses and the styles list cannot be seen. The only way to access the styles list is to enlarge the width of the panel to about 3x its normal size. Please see the attached image showing the action of the styles…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cursor vanishes when over frames

My cursor is vanishing in InDesign when I move it over a frame (or object inside a frame). It is almost like it is underneath or behind the frame/object.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Indesign becomes slower after working on document over short duration. CC 13.0.1

Indesign becomes slower after working on document over short duration. CC 13.0.1
    App is OK after restart. Once working on the document for 10 min the navigation around the document and any command request, ie duplicate a image slows down and becomes sluggish until app is restarted once more.
    Im working on a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB.
    (Display performance at "Typical Displace)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bad performance InDesign to InCopy

InDesign 13.0.1 and InCopy 13.0.1.
    I right click multible text blocks in InDesign to export them to InCopy and then save.
    After saving I inmediately get and new window asking to save the links again with a different name. I have to cancel the second save dialog window.
    The InCopy links do work in InCopy, but My collegues complain that InCopy is slow!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CC library window disappears from workspace

Every time I start indesign the CC libraries window disappears from my workspace. I add it again and overwrite my workspace, but it disappears again as soon as I quit. Using CC 2018 13.0 on Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. InDesign interface has issues after exiting touch mode

To replicate the bug, have at least two documents open.
    After using touch mode and then switching to normal (essentials), the status bar at the end of the current document (contains pages, etc.) will look a little rough. In the document that was not focused, the entire status bar background is missing. In addition, on that document the scrollbars disappear and flash while you scroll, which is a little disturbing for your eyes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. InDesign totally unusable for large threaded tables after 2015 version

Using Windows 10 Pro, high end computer (Ryzen 1800X, 32Gb RAM, NVMe SSD, 1080Ti)

Create an Excel file with 8000 rows of random data, place into InDesign with as unformatted table.

Use shift-click to create pages and thread the table to each page.

Try to scroll without InDesign freezing for 30 seconds. I can't.

I have tried:
    - Cleaning preferences / logging on different username to have a fresh profile
    - Using a different computer
    - Turning off preflight
    - Using fast display performance
    - Change the composer away from world ready, trying single line instead of paragraph
    - Turned…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't press 'Done' in Adobe Comp after adding columns and guides

If I go to settings, add guides, I will not be able to get out of the settings as the done button does not work

Worked with support and they are saying it is not a bug, but offered no further steps other than posting here

Case ADB-7060282-R3X8

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Type Tool Flicker

Specs:

InDesign CC2018 (13.1)

Mac Pro Late 2013

Mac OS Mojave (10.14.3)

64 GB RAM

AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

Any document when first opened will blink the document window (not the entire screen - just the document) when clicking into a frame with the Type tool.

It occurs one time only then the remainder of work on that document is fine.

Open another document, issue reoccurs.

Double-clicking a text frame with the Selection tool will not blink and take you into the text frame without issue.

I've reset ID Prefs, removed all third party plugins and zapped my PRAM…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base