Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Font variant not working since Catalina upgrade

I have an issue/bug that is causing significant workflow issues and stress, and I have brought this up with support, as well as with the font foundry, for months without resolution.

A font variant that I have used regularly (as part of a corporate identity) has disappeared from the font drop down list after I upgraded to macOS Catalina. This issue is happening in all the latest versions of Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.) Only ONE variant is missing -- 'Folio Bk BT - Book'. 'Folio Bk BT - Bold', as well as another similar font 'Folio Lt BT…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. InDesign 2020

InDesign is shutting down my palettes. So everytime i close out a document, my pallette set up disappears. Every. Time. I have to set up my pallettes every time and it is super frustrating. Is there a way (that I don't know) to keep my pallettes set up the way i want all the time? Also I am not touching tab, either.

Also, why is there not a mobile InDesign App for ipad?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cmd-J does not make the correct page active

In a document with facing pages and a wider-than-usual artboard (10in):

When using cmd-J to navigate to the left page of a spread, the page number indicator at lower left displays the right-hand page number, and the right-hand page is what's active.

This does not happen at all magnifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Workspace and documents will not open

My (mac) laptop battery died before I could plug it in. I restarted the computer, opened InDesign, and it appears to start up fine, however no workspace will show up and no documents will open. I cannot work. I restarted, then I opened while holding keys to delete preferences and restarted again and nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Desempenho de exibição

Quando Clico com o botão direito sobre uma imagem e peço para o Desempenho de Exibição, mude de Exibição típica para Aperfeiçoada, no menu ele muda, mas na realidade ele mantém a visualização selecionada pelo menu supperior

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. spelling issue

I'm trying to spellcheck but it is defaulting to Dutch 2005 reform even though its set to English UK in preferences. How do I fix this as it used to be fine?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windows 10 > Indesign 15.0.1 hidden print window.

When trying to print on Indesign version 15.0.1, for windows 10, the pop-up windows opens on the back, hidden.

How to solve without force the closure of the program?
    Any shortcut known?

This didn't happen on version 15.0.0.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exporting from Indesign. Default format is ALWAYS IDML

we are constantly exporting PDF's from Indesign to place in layouts. The last couple of updates, Indesign insists on having IDML as the default choice. It used to be once you export a PDF, the rest would default to the same format, but now Indesign just defaults to IDML every time & it is infuriating to open the folder that shud B full of PDF's and find one PDF & the rest IDML :>(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Space bar shortcut for hand tool doesn't work when Chrome is open

Space bar shortcut for hand tool doesn't work when Chrome is open. (Mac OS X Catalina fully updated, Chrome official build fully updated, InDesign 2020)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Lag due to "corrupt links"

Case Number: ADB-10686986-C0K0
    Issue: Performance
    The file I am working on is part of a network located book which included 15 separate indesign documents and links to many images. Working on the file last week everything was fine, however this week when I type even a single character there is a tremendous lag (30 seconds to 2 minutes). This has affected every file in the book that I have opened this week so far.
    The adobe tech had me create a new file and "move" all the pages to that file. This resolved the lag however it also broke the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lag due to "corrupt links"

Case Number: ADB-10686986-C0K0
    Issue: Performance
    The file I am working on is part of a network located book which included 15 separate indesign documents and links to many images. Working on the file last week everything was fine, however this week when I type even a single character there is a tremendous lag (30 seconds to 2 minutes). This has affected every file in the book that I have opened this week so far.
    The adobe tech had me create a new file and "move" all the pages to that file. This resolved the lag however it also broke the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When opening InDesign 2020 files I get a message that the file is damaged. See screenshot. The same file will open with Adobe 2019.

When opening the file in ID 2019, I get the message that links are missing. Perhaps ID 20 thinks that the file is damaged because the links are missing, so I get the damaged message.
    Using InDesign 2020 on a late 2015 iMac running MacOS 10.14.6, 32GB Ram

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CEPHtmlEngine Helper

Hey,

since ID 2020 on OS X Catalina, I’ve a problem with CEPHtmlEngine Helper.
    After a while, my MacBook Pro fan is running high and in the activity window, CEPHtmlEngine Helper is running between 90 and 100%. I’ve to kick the process stop it. First, I thought its Photoshop, because I read it on google, but when I analyzing the process in the activity window, it shows, that this is caused of InDesign.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save window file name AND extension are highlighted by default.

Before upgrading to Catalina, when I go to save a file or export the name of the file will be highlighted.

I can then tap the right arrow and the cursor (blinking line) will go to the end of the file name but BEFORE the file extension.

But after upgrading to Catalina, the file name AND the file extension are both highlighted by default so when pressing the arrow key, the cursor goes to the end AFTER the file extension.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Error message when opening document: InDesign detected file is damaged but we repaired it

Using InDesign 20 (15.0.1) Trying to open files I get these error messages.
    I have tried opening many documents with ID 20 and get these messages. Files will open fine using InDesign 19 (14.0.3). This issue just started yesterday after using ID 20 for about a month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot copy/paste elements from 2019 to 2020 without the element becoming an image

InDesign 2019 14.0.3 copy/paste issue into InDesign 2020 15.0.01 (and vice-versa).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. In a 2019 InD doc, copy a text box with text inside it.
    2. Open a new document in InD 2020.
    3. Paste the text box with text inside it into 2020 InD.
    4. The text becomes an image instead of live text. Though, no links show up in the links panel.
    5. This can be reproduced if copying from 2020 into 2019. But it does not happen if copying/pasting from a 2020 doc into a 2020 doc, 2019 doc into a 2019 doc.
    6.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Print upside down after rotated the image

I rotated three images on three different pages. When I printed out the document, those three pages were printed upside down! Not just from inDesign, I exported as pdf file and printed through Acrobat, the same thing happened. They look perfectly fine on screen. Also, if I deleted those rotated images, everything was fine, no upside down pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. FERRAMENTAS

Minhas ferramentas estão todas bloqueadas e não consigo utilizar mais o Indesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. blacked out images with no broken links

InDesign ver 15.0.1
    I have a file that displayed all linked images correctly this morning. 90% of the images are linked from my desktop, which is also where the InDesign file is located. 2 of the linked images are from a network cloud server.

After disconnecting from the server and then reopening the file, all linked files appear to have broken links. However when, checking the Links panel, only the images that were linked from the server are broken. This makes sense except that all linked images populate the document as either a gray box or a solid black box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base