Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Workspace Panels sending to back of main worksheet

Since today's update of Indesign, when I select a panel from the workspace , the panel is going behind my working document which is floating in the window.
    If I unfloat the window of the working document, all panels are visible, but the bottom horizontal scroll bar is not visible. Quite difficult to explain, but causing usability problems

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Type Tool Deactivates Itself

v15.0.3
    When selecting the Type Tool by using the keyboard shortcut (T), it briefly activates, then deactivates itself and the previous tool selected is made active again. I am unable to use the type tool in the brief period of time it is made active. I can select it successfully by clicking on the icon on the sidebar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spinning wheel keeps running make program not responding

When starting up InDesign 2020 (15.0.3) it runs a ok for a couple of minutes, then the spinning wheel comes on/off randomly. When on its impossible to use the program.
    Its the program CEP Html Engine causing the problem. A lot of instances is started up (se attached image). Tried to debug the problem and found that its the file cef.pak (in CEP Program folder) that’s the problem. When removing this, everything is fine except that the startup popup is missing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Toolbar is unusable.

Please help. See image. No Tools are selectable for use.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. But nothing changed. I had to revert to CC 2019 to complete my work. My entire toolbar is unusable and not highlighted like its supposed to be. I'm in the middle of a deadline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

Please add a thesaurus to Indesign (not Incopy), if MS word can do it why can't Adobe?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. control panel disappears

Have upgraded to InD 2020 v 15.0.3 -- whenever i close all documents and then open a new one (i.e. when there is not already a doc open in InD), my control panel disappears and wont re-appear via tab or reset workspace. I have it set to floating. I have to close and restart my InD for the control panel to reappear again. Never had this problem before! Is this just my Mac or is it InD?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Modifier keys for transform not working

Transforming a selection normally can be influenced by holding down Shift and/or Command to respectively Constrain Rroportions and choose to Scale from center.

But in InDesign 2020 on Mac OS Catalina this stopped working. Maybe due to a system setting (no antivirus is active at the moment).

Does anyone know how to get back this essential functionality?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GREP Begining of STORY not Working in InDesign 2020 15.0.3

GREP (Begining of STORY) not Working in InDesign 2020 15.0.3

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right to Left direction select opposite direction

When we want to select a character or word by using cursor key in Arabic text, it select the opposite direction, i.e. Ctrl + Left arrow key, Shift + Left arrow key, Ctrl + Shift + Left arrow key, or Ctrl + Shift + Left arrow key, will select a character or word on the right of cursor, even if already set to "Visual" in preference for cursor movement.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug to open Indesign : page failed to load

I tried twice to install Indesign with my 7 days free but when I open it, it says me this message :
    "Page Failed to load.
    URL: file://Library/Application%20support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/cpm.adobe.ccx.start-2.10.0/index.html?v=2.10.0.21
    Error: ERRFILENOTFOUND (-6)
    ERR
    FILENOTFOUND"

What can I do to resolve this problem please ?
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Not able to scroll down beyond page 2-3 spread

I have a 6-page document in spreads. I am unable to scroll down beyond pages 2-3 spread.

InDesign 15.0.3 x64

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Separation Preview Bug

Separation preview will scrambled when you jump to next page and turn any colour separation off, the text and image from previous page will show on the current display page.

This issue has beed existed since version 2017 to 2020. I saw some users are facing same issue from previous version and not been fix all these years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow free assignment of keyboard shortcuts to paragraph styles

Please, can we make it possible to assign any keyboard shortcuts of choice to paragraph styles? Not everyone has a numpad on their keyboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. performance issues

I've never been complaining about InDesign, but the last updated version sucks hard. I have issues with my tablet, the smart guides are not measuring right, I got issues with type tool imagining object that doesn't exist. There issues with the other apps as well, the last year with Adobe CC has been really driving me crazy, the quality of performance it's just getting worse!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop hiding the known issues, and release notes for each release

Where's the link that leads to the latest releases known issues list? It's hard enough to find the release notes for the newest version release.

It should be a simple link right under the is this compatible with your computer info in The creative cloud desktop app.

I need the list of known issues with the latest release to determine whether or not I'm going to upgrade to it or wait until a critical issue is resolved.

Sometimes an issue will not be in the feature I use so I will update other times it is something that will majorly…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Indesign incredibly slow or crashes with more than one document open

InDesign (15.0.2) becomes almost unusable with more than (1) document open. Trying to copy text or images from one document to the next or just work in one of the documents while the other is open results in minutes-long wait times (or complete crash) to even select a text box, type a character, etc.

Steps to reproduce:
    Open INDD doc (either on network or desktop)
    Open second INDD doc
    Attempt to edit text in either doc or copy over text from one document to the next

Set-up info:
    InDesign 15.0.2
    Windows 10 Enterprise // 10.0.17763

Trouble-shooting included:
    - Turned off…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CMD+O (Open File) STILL Doesn't Work in 15.0.3 on first launching InDesign

This still hasn't been fixed!! When first opening InDesign 15.0.3 CMD+O just gives a 'dead key' beep, and it doesn't bring up the 'Open File' dialog. You must use the MENU to open the first file. After you have opened a file from the MENU, the CMD+O will then work. PLEASE FIX, for us long-time users this is painfully annoying! I have reported this in previous releases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Trash performance with Adobe products. All Laggy

What is wrong with your software? 64 gig of ram and Indesign super slow!!!
    I dont want a sugar coated answer. If nobody there can give an answer to a huge issue with your software, (just google adobe slow for multiple examples of failure in your software), We will cancel our CC Subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Thesaurus

Hi
    I have just spent 1.5 hours on a chat with your team re using a thesaurus function in InDesign (which there isn't one)
    In design is a great product and amazingly intuitive with (almost) all the functions you need to create great documents however to use a simple function like a thesaurus I need to export to a .icml thingy which creates individual files for every chapter or section (filling up my files). Then you have to open each section individually in InCopy, which then creates a document that looks more like a 80' dot-matrix print out with no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base