Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. extension dialogue boxes keeps popping up and disappearing

I downloaded an extension, and then completely deleted it. However, when I now open indesign the extension dialogue box keeps popping up and then disappearing. It also happens when I click out of indesign and go back to working on my project. I attached a video of the problem. I am using adobe indesign 2020. Although its a minor problem, it very annoying. Could someone please advice me what I could do to stop it. I have deleted indesign and reinstalled it, I have gone though the folder in setting and none of these worked. Also when the box pops…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi, I have recently started using InDesign for our Digital Magazine. This is only our second issue and there seems to be rendering issues o

Hi, I have recently started using InDesign (latest Version) for our Digital Magazine. This is only our second issue and there seems to be rendering issues on IOS 8+ devices, particularly mobile. Some of the Text is missing or bits of clipped text appears. Two of our clients have come back to us. Have you any ideas how to sort this problem? We publish the magazine through Issuu. I have attached a screen shot of one of the articles a client sent to me, it is missing the headline and some text throughout.

Any advice most welcome as we are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No way to sync footnote options between documents.

I have a book consisting of several documents. I can sync styles between documents, but not footnote options. Syncing styles does not sync footnote options.

Having to set footnote options for each document that has them is onerous.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. InDesign lock file corrupted when computer sleeps

InDesign lock file is corrupted if computer sleeps with an open document with pending changes. App instructs to close the app and try again. When InDesign starts and you try to open last opened file, App states that I don't have permission or the file may already be opened. All you can do is copy the file, but all pending changes have been lost. Cannot delete the lock file in order to access original file. This is a continuing problem. (Surface Book, Win 10 2004 release)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Arrow Functions

Why did you reverse the arrow colors? These were so primary to the use of the program its just a mind bend. I'm not finding the new functions to be very useful. The second arrow doesn't seem to have any valid use. Its harder to move the boxes with the first arrow because it jumps to the underlaying image and moves it instead. Trying to build a polygon and move the points to add highlight to irregular shapes and cannot move the points without it shifting other points that were set in place where they were needed. Not helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. spell check

Hi

Please help

Half way through spell checking a document, InDesign has just stopped recognising plurals and suggesting spelling the word with a gap and then the 's'

I'm up to date with InDesign and have been using it for over 15 years and never seen this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. InDesign Stalls when Network Volume Disconnected

Whenever I have a linked/placed file on a shared network volume (Mac) and I disconnect from that volume InDesign stalls, it doesn't crash, it does usually recover but takes several minutes. This is even if the ID file containing the linked item has been closed. I think this could be fixed.
    Current Mac OS, Current ID.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. file menu

Menu/File dropdown not working. When I try to Save as, Export or Print from the menu, nothing happens. Shortcut keys work, but seemingly nothing in the dropdown. I am using the latest version of Indesign and Apple OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Very Slow Performance - when opening two documents at the same time

Is there any solution to this bug:
    InDesign has very slow performance - when opening two documents at the same time.

Refer to the previous report "Very Slow Performance" that I submitted on June 19th 2020.

I still use Creative Cloud applications and my InDesign is v15.1.1 x64

Thanks!

Manuel Fernández

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cross-reference bug InDesgin 2020

I'm working with a 50-page document using the latest version of InDesign (15.1.1 x64) on Windows 10. Cross-reference not only takes minutes to create but also takes that amount of time to update. It's become a useless feature of InDesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Buttons and bookmarks doesn't work properly

Some work fine in the same page! I´ve had try changing the file name, re-done every text box, replace text and bookmarked its again, but nothing happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Deprecated GPU renderer

I found out today that indesign uses the OpenGL engine on Mac Mojave, despite the fact that Apple no longer supports the technology. Why? Can you fix it to improve Indesign GPU performance, and use it for raster more faster previews, effects like shadows and exports?

Indesign 15.1.1 , running on Mojave 10.14.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. InDesign performance issues: text tool

InDesign performance issues (version 15.1.1 x64 - 32GB RAM installed - Win 10 - Adobe Creative Cloud).
    From the previous version the Text tool slows down the program considerably; it is not possible to work with at least two open files (I work with multiple open files, never a problem).
    So the work is very slow !!! Please provide a solution. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. False state with app.gpuPerformancePreferences.enableGpuPerformance if no GPU available

Function GetEnableGPUPerformance() of interface IGPUPerformancePrefs of GetExecutionContextSession()->QueryWorkspace() returns true in case no GPU or a not supported GPU is installed on your macOS computer.

To reproduce launch InDesign CC 2018 or later with modifier keys command, option, control, and shift pressed and confirm resetting the preferences.

If you now check the setting either with some C++ code, or ExtendScript "app.gpuPerformancePreferences.enableGpuPerformance", in both cases the returned result is true , which is not the expected result.

When you now choose Preferences > GPU Performance the properties are shown deselected and disabled, which is correct. If you now click in "OK", the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Not able to work on more than one document in InDesign 2020 on Windows 10

Folks,
    Please vote if you have the same issue:

I can't work anymore on more than one packaged doc containing 'Document fonts' folder in each package in InDesign 15.1.1.
    Moving frames, selecting text in the frames or switching between two (blank) docs causes an unacceptable huge delay what makes efficient work impossible.

Performance got worse and worse since 15.02 / 15.03 / 15.1 already. Removed ID completely, as well any plug-ins or font management software. Bug occurs on three independent Win10 machines using 15.1.1.
    I'm currently working on ID 15.01 which is the only version I can work in still…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Very Slow when i open second indd doc

Hello,

Since the last update of Indesign, when I open a second indd document, everything works in slow motion, I can no longer select text, too slow, I have to close one to work normally. My colleague has the same problem.

My config: Windows 10 - Indesign 15.1.1x64
    16GB RAM - Processor: Intel Xeon CPUE5 1620 v3 - 3.50Ghz
    Graphics card: Nvidia Quadro K2200

Laetitia M.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 15.1.1 Fonts in Document fonts folder not recognized when first opening documents

Certain fonts in the Document fonts folder fail to activate when first opening a document, but WILL activate upon a 2nd or 3rd attempt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CEPHtmlEngine Helper

macOS Catalina 10.15.5. and InDesign. 15.1.1.

Massive problem with CEPHtmlEngine Helper. After a while, my MacBook Pro fan is running high and in the activity window, CEPHtmlEngine Helper is running between 90 and 100%. It is no fun to work with a system that runs crazy.
    Why? Solution needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Either the file does not exist... ERROR

I've noticed a pattern when clicking on one of my recent file icons... I use two different cloud storage platforms, Dropbox and Sync. Both services are accessed from local folders on the same external hard drive. When trying to open one of the recent DROPBOX files from the Recent start page, I get the dreaded 'Either the file does not exist...' error.

BUT, when I follow the same process with one of the SYNC files, it opens with no issues.

ALSO, I can open files from EITHER service using the File > Open Recent method.

So... could the problem somehow…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MacOS Save As dialog box bugs: escape key not closing, file name highlight bug

Escape key no longer closes Save As dialog box (macOS Catalina, InDesign 15.1.1), AND file name is no longer highlighted correctly -- it either isn't highlighted at all, or incorrectly includes the extension.

This behavior is different from 20+ years of using Adobe products. Please Fix!!

Escape key DOES close the Export dialog box, so it is OBVIOUSLY a bug. Else, why would it be designed inconsistent behavior, hmm?! (looking at you, UX team)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base