Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Random text appears in the filename field when editing filenames during Save As

1. ID 14.0.1, OS 10.14.2
    2. Save as. When dialog appears, filename is highlighted so that it can be edited. Use RIght arrow key to put cursor at end of filename to append text.
    3. Expected result, which occurs about 90% of the time, is that the cursor moves to the end of the filename and you can enter text.
    4. Actual result, about 10% of the time, is that pressing the Right arrow key erases the entire filename in the field and replaces it with the words "Adobe Stock".

(Another version of this error occurs in the exact same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CEPHtmlEngine

La roue tourne sans cesse dans Indesign 2017 !!! Le moniteur d'activité indique que le CEPHtmlEngine ne réponds pas. J'ai trouvé 2 solutions sur le site d'Adobe pour Indesign 2015 qui ne fonctionne pas. Insupportable.
    Une réinstallation du logiciel ne change rien…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use of CC Library Items - EPS files Export as grey boxes and are not properly linked and do not package properly

When using CC Libraries logos, those logos being used are EPS files.
    Those files will export and be grey boxes as if a broken link.
    Try and access said file in the CC library and sometimes work and doesnt.

Also these are not collected for output and saved as EPS files when packaging.

We need to make sure the files are pulled from the CC library and included in the Package. THis would help when we send files to outside companies so they can utilize original content that has been created and put into CC Libraries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. monitor goes black

Screen drops out and goes black whenever I move primary text frame with text inside. Text has a paragraph style with "Align all lines to baseline grid" turned on.

Running InDesign 2019 on a 2018 MacMini, Samsung U32J59x 4K UHD monitor connected via HDMI 2 cable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No Multi-Processor support for InDesign?

InDesign were and still is very slow. Now I work on an iMac 2017 with i7 processor with 4.2 GHz and Radeon Pro 580 8GB graphics with InDesign 14.0.1. The i7 is a Quadcore CPU but if InDesign works, it still works on just 1 Core! So InDesign ist still slow and the Beachball appears very often. Photoshop instead uses all the performance of this great machine.

Isn't it possible, to use all CPU-cores and maybe additionally the GPU with InDesign, to increase the performance?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. shortcuts, backspace, arrows left right up down stopped working

InDesign 14.0.1 x64 (PC) Keyboard shortcuts, text backspace, arrows left-right-up -down stopped working

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pasting objects from Illustrator extremelly slow

Pasting objects from Illustrator is extremelly slow for me. It takes up to 10 seconds. The issue only occurs in direction. Copying graphics from Photoshop or Powerpoint to Indesign does not produce this issue. Copy paste from Indesign to Illustrator also has no issue. I have reinstal both the latest Illustrator and Indesign CC. See the video and my system performance. Clipboard settings are set to what worked recommended and what worked for me fine on a slower machine before.

Thank you for help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Flashing screen

When trying to open Illustrator AND InDesign, the "new document" window that automatically pops up is white and just flashes on and off the screen. If I try to click out of the screen, it closes the whole program. I can't access any of my files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Entire page missing elements and objects, and unable to select objects

After updating to 14.0.1, I opened a project and found that one of the pages (just this one page for some reason) had missing objects, missing elements, and the objects on the page were unable to be selected unless I clicked and dragged from the outside of the page to select everything at once. The missing images showed up elsewhere in the catalog and appeared in the links panel under the correct page, but did not appear in the page. After closing and re-opening the same file in InDesign CC 2018, everything was intact and totally fine. This issue rendered…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. preview 'w' shortcut doesn't work

Regularly doesn't respond to the 'w' key shortcut to toggle between regular/preview views.

Closing entire program fixes the issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Interface much too small

interface too small

Indesign cc 14.0.1
    windows 10 1803
    Dell XPS15

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. incopy

InCopy is going SO slow it's greatly reduced our efficiency in editing magazine text. Every text box takes at least 1 whole minute to check in and out of, and even when I've opened the text box, it takes ages for me to move my cursor to make an edit. I can barely move my mouse without it freezing up. This is happening on all of our work computers and my laptop at home, so it's not an isolated issue. Also three of our computers are brand-new and those computers are also having the same issues with InCopy. This started…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. InDesign CC 2019: shift-draw (forcing direction) fail

The sliding of objects by shift mouse draw (forcing direction to horizontal, vertical and 45 degree) does not work anymore. Serious mistake!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. InDesign CC 2019: alt-draw duplication fail

The duplication of objects by alt mouse draw does not work anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. InDesign CC 2019: zoom with cmd-space-draw fail

The quick zoom function by cmd space mouse draw does not work anymore. Serious mistake!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mouse Lags when Browsing Over Pages Panel

When mousing over the pages panel, the mouse movements slow to a crawl. Mousing over the rest of InDesign UI is fine and acts as expected; it is only when trying to navigate the pages panel; at this point the cursor slows down and becomes difficult to move around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cannot use libraries in InDesign 2018

Hi, i am having issues when trying to use Text from CC Libraries in InDesign 2018. Dragging content to CC Libraries are working fine, but when i try to use the elements in another document, it shows up blank. I can see the Cloud icon, that shows that the element has been linked with the CC library.

Also if i edit the element in CC Libraries it also shows blank.

This is working fine for InDesign 2017 and 2019, but not 2018 where i have my server plugin.

Have tried to reinstall InDesign 2018

Deleted the folder
    ~/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign

Quitted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. shift doesn't work at all

I updated the version yesterday.... shift doesn't work any more!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base