2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4921 results found

1. Alignment Snapping/Zoom

When moving objects/text, I find that they keep snapping to certain places on my document. I have snap to grid turned off, so I don't see why it won't let me place the object I'm moving exactly where I want it. It helps to zoom in, but InDesign doesn't allow you to zoom in as much as Illustrator. Also, Illustrator doesn't have this snapping problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. List of fonts. Option to reinitialize alphabetical order

List of fonts. Please add option to reinitialize the list of fonts. Before beginning a new project, I do not want to have the ones that I used before ahead of the list. I would like to replace these in their alphabetical order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add a way within a book file to update all document's tables-of-contents.

Please add a way within a book file to update all document's tables-of-contents.

Right now, when I make a change to one document that changes page numbering, I must manually go update the TOC of every document in the book individually. This feature could easily be added to the same "Update Numbering" command within a book document.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include anchored object options when copying and pasting (eg an image)

I'm working on a document which uses images as icons to indicate particular activities. I'm copying and pasting the images as anchored objects, but each time have to go into the options to set the Custom anchored position. It would be great if it wasn't necessary to do this for each image.

(I'm a relative newcomer to InDesign, so may be missing something else in terms of how this can be achieved.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please increase the MAX page size to above 14400 pixels (20")

Pdf can support page sizes up to miles long or wide.... (although this is slightly absurd, but yes, MILES long!) but if you create a large page in InDesign you are met with a lovely error message when you come to export. Larger page sizes would be beneficial for lots of reasons, app prototyping, print, really long articles and pictures of Giraffes ;-)

Seriously though, please oh wise Adobe can you increase this limitation to a more reasonable number, Thank-you.

Bob

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tables & Graphs

I would love to have a new tab added in InDesign where you sort of had pre-made templates for graphs and tables and then could modify as needed once inserted into the document. I create many documents that often call for tables and graphs and have to start from scratch and spend sometimes hours perfecting it. It would save so much time to not only have pre-made templates, but also templates we could create ourselves and save and re-insert and populate with new data. And I'd like to have pie charts and other graphs in a similar fashion as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to be able to select multiple rows, but want to be able to select rows that are not next to each other. They maybe have one or two ro

I want to be able to select multiple rows, but want to be able to select rows that are not next to each other. They maybe have one or two rows.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make PublishOnline docs responsive

It would be great to have the PublishOnline docs device responsive.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Publish online Magazine

Publish online needs to be able to tell the difference between spreads and single pages. I publish a magazine using publish online and with the page numbers at the bottom, it looks like it is half as thick as it is. or have an option to take the page numbers off since they are in the magazine and I don't need them on the web page.

It would also be cool if when animating the magazine in InDesign there was a page flip, though I do like the way I do it now because it's different, it would be cool…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. InDesign Templates and Style updates

I start by making an InDesign template and incorporating all the object and paragraph styles I think I'll need. Then from my template I create my first document. However, as I proceed with actual content on that document I find I want to modify some styles, add new ones, etc.

There does not seem to be a way to have my template updated automatically with those style changes/additions. This would be a great help because my template is no longer usable as an "old version". So, I have to save my new document onto and replace that older template (without…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Desaturate-filter / Black&White adjustment-layer on photos/graphics

A simple and proper way to desaturate photos/graphics to greyscale using pure black.

Also, a Black&White adjustment-layer on photos/graphics to output greyscale using rich black.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow import of endnotes as plain text

I have to be honest. The footnote / endnotes automation in Indesign is a complete failure. I absolutely HATE it!!! Please, allow me to turn this feature off, and import endnotes as plain text in the same text flow as the article. Seriously, the addition of the automated endnotes feature has damaged my relationship with Adobe. It is just terrible.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please allow for more than 1 inch of Offset for Printer's Marks when exporting PDFs

Some vendors require more than 1" of bleed, especially on larger format layouts.
    Currently have to build layouts at reduced size to accomplish this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The option to remember PDF export settings on a document by document basis

Currently InDesign remembers the PDF export settings across the program which is good but we have to export either print or interactive based on the file. It would be really useful to have the document itself remember the settings so we don't have to keep changing back - often forgetting and sending clients print PDFs where they should be interactive.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an import options dialogue for importing InCopy documents into InDesign

Just like when importing Word documents, you can select what stylesheets and attributes to bring into the InDesign or InCopy document, add the same options dialogue window when importing InCopy documents into InDesign. Oftentimes the writer of the InCopy story doesn't use the same stylesheets as the InDesign document. In my case, I build newspapers and we are constantly improving the design and simplifying the naming process for stylesheets. The reporters forget to use the template and therefore old styles or misnamed styles get brought into the document. There are ways around this of course, but when I need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Library panel: Pop-up preview on focus

Thumbnails, even large thumbnails, in the Library panel are often not enough to know which object I’m looking at. I often have a lot of similar items in one library. How about a preview that appears when the mouse hovers over a library item? It would work like tool tips.

While I’m on the subject, how about letting us name items in the panel instead of requiring a dialogue? Most panel work this way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. conditional GREP formatting

We need to add conditional GREP formatting. For eg. in screen 1 (yellow highlighted text) tagged in xml, and are able capture with GREP styling. But when we put condition, it also captures unwanted text in same GREP style (cyan highlighted), tagged with same xml tag. It would be great as conditional text, i.e.. "IF x=y then DO 'this'" OTHERWISE APPLY 'this style'.

If such option available in indesign, it would be a great help as we are doing frontend xml publishing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Document Open Window/pane.

Document Open pane. The break up of recent, earlier and older documents is confusing. I'd prefer it to alphabetical order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Scaleable exporting PDF

For many 'big print' applications, you need to upload your design in 100% off the format. But, in many cases, your design is made in 1:10 scale for better cross design, workflow and speed of Indesign.

It would be nice to 'export' your file in a scale. So that your Indesign doc remains the 1:10 scale (or else) and your PDF can easily be twice or ten times bigger. This is very handy for roll-up banner, screens, walls etc. You can say that Indesign should not be the right application for big print. But if i want that the brochure,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Page" to the "Search in:" options, for both Find/Change and Spell Check

In Find/Change and Spell Check dialogs, we have ability to search within a [Story] [To end of story] [Selection] or [Document]. I would like to see [Current Page] added that options list. Even better would be the ability to specify a [Page Range XX-XX]

[Story] is too specific when we have a bunch of separate text boxes to search through. And [Document] is often way too broad for large documents, and it also searches master pages that we may not wish to search. [Current Page] or [Page Range] would be a really nice middle-ground for both regular Find/Changes and Spell…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base