1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4921 results found

1. The current Pantone Plus Color swatches (Color Bridge in particular) are not being updated when the Adobe software updated with updates

The Pantone Swatches do not update when updating Adobe software in the cloud. And updating with Pantone Color Manager is completely inane.

I have the most recent update for Adobe (InDesign CC Release 2017.1, and a build of 12.1.0.56 x64) and have loaded the most recent Pantone Color Manager to update the Pantone Plus Color Bridge colors (i started with one color library... updating all libraries would take at least a half day)

After updating:
    1. I can no longer search for colors as I used to, so I manually have to scroll through the whole list to find the…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. REMOVING "FOLDER" WHEN PACKAGING

I'd like to be able to package a document without having "_folder" at the end of the file name. Each time I have to go back and manually remove the name "folder". I'm sure a lot of us see this behavior as annoying.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add the possibility to create the page height below 73px.

Especially for the design of web banners sometimes a smaller page height is important.
    Despite frame distances of 0px and web setting an error message appears with a page height of 72px or lower.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve the tabs window interface

No matter what size your text is or how much Iyou zoom in, when you open the tabs window to set or modify tabs, the window is WAY too small, and the little arrows to adjust the tabs WAY too fussy. It's almost impossible to grab the existing tab to move it over or even select it, and you end up creating 4 or 5 new tabs because you're clicking on the ruler trying to select an existing tab. I wait for this to improve with every update. Going in to my 25th year as a graphic designer, and I…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MacBook Pro Touchbar

To format text and paragraphs in InDesign I use shortcuts all the time. In really increases my work speed. Unfortunately these only work with a number pad. The MacBook Pro doesn't have a number pad. Could you extend this funktion to either other keys, the touchbar or fn-key combinations?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Placed Vector image line weight override

I work primarily with line art vector files created for instruction sheets. We create the views using a 3D modeling program, save them as PDFs, and then edit them in Illustrator. The images are then placed in InDesign and scaled to fit the page along with the other content. The problem is that the scaled line art stroke weight will scale larger or smaller as it is changed.

I'm requesting a simple option or override the line weights of the vector files to match... a style? Or even allow them to be edited via the stroke panel? Right-click on the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Paragraph Borders: Inset vs Offset or "Keep Within Frame"

LOVE that borders and shading are now built into paragraph styles; but, I would like to be able to create a paragraph border with an inset (instead of an offset), or something like the "keep in frame" option for paragraph rules. The result is a paragraph outline in line with the other paragraphs above and below it, but with an inset paragraph inside the border.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GREP Customizing Live preflight Profile

Live Preflight is great tool of identifying and helping to prevent potential production problems, but it would be really handy if there was a possibility to create a custom GREP live preflight profile (like find/change Grep); es: check Title Case (all words are capitalized).

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Similar to TOC, have InDesign remove forced returns (Shift+Enter) in a cross-reference.

If a referenced paragraph has a Shift+Return in it, it's present in the cross-reference. TOCs have an option to ignore them, and cross-references could as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to place 'live' endnotes at end of story, not in separate frame

Fairly straightforward - current 2018 endnotes are forced into a separate frame, rather than being at the end of the text in the story. This means having to constantly manually moved them about when text frames are being adjusted. Need the ability to have the same positional behaviour at the end of the body text within the same story frame as endnotes have always previously had (preferably whilst still being live, but failing that, the ability to turn off the new behaviour would be sufficient).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outline all fonts in a merged document.

We are a print company and regularly deal with personalised text within data merge. Sometime we have to use 'create merged document' to alter specific text and often we come across the issue where fonts cannot be embedded when exporting, I know there is a long winded fix for this but it would be great if there was a feature to simply click a button to ouitline all fonts in a merged document instead of having to go through each page, or adding a small transparency and flattening etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to manipulate illustrator sublayers in Object Layer Options dialogue

It would be great to be able to manipulate (turn on and off) illustrator sublayers in the Object Layer Options dialogue.

I use the adobe suite for urban design mapping and analysis where we work with many layers to describe the complex nature of the city/area we are working in. We are often working with 40+ layers, many of which could be 'grouped' or collected into a single layer, however when placing the same .ai file multiple times in a report, we need to retain the ability to turn layers on or off to suit different data sets. This create…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Outlining text removes underlines (line above and below)

When supplying PDFs to printers they often/always require all text to be outlined. If you put an underline on any text and than go 'Type > Create Outlines', only the text becomes outlined and it completely removes any underline (line above and below that I've setup in paragraph styles). Expected results: To have the text outlined and retain the line above/below.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Textboxes for footnotes

Let the user place footnotes in a textfield, for example in the marginaliia.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Formatting page ranges for cross-references and indexing

It would be good to be able to change the coding in the format of cross-referenced page numbers (and Indexing cross-references) so that instead of the two cross-referenced pages displaying [236]-[238], they could display [236]-[8] or [236]-[38]. Formatting page ranges now ALL has to be done manually, because publishers don't typically use the full number in the second of a range.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a "View" option "a spread as single pages"

My idea is to create an option in the VIEW panel, to see your spread as single pages, where they are broken apart and still on the left or right, but separated... Here's why...

Amazon is becoming one of the largest online stores around. Their "create space" content uploader is requiring an interior bleed on your books. So if anyone wants to create a facing page spread in indesign, they will need to separate the pages into single pages so that they can work on making sure the graphics cover the bleed area as well as export properly since both…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make page dimensions from Page Tool and Page Setup match

I'll often have to change the size of page using the Page Tool. The problem is that if anyone opens the Document Setup dialogue box, it only shows what the original dimensions of the page are – not the actual dimensions.

When there are multiple pages in a document with various sizes, the Document Setup dialogue window should notify that that's the case.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Rererence to Excel worksheet/'named' ranges appearing in links palette

Is it possible to display source file information (Worksheet name + named range) for dynamically linked Excel files?
    I have hundreds of InDesign files linked to an Excel file and would like to see a quick reference list of links, rather than just the overall Excel filename as listed in the 'Links' palette?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OpenType User Interface

In this blog article there a great description how indesign can massively improving the handling with fonts and their opentype features...

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

https://ilovetypography.com/2014/10/25/why-a-better-opentype-user-interface-matters/

Also take a look at the Petition:
    https://ilovetypography.com/2014/10/22/better-ui-for-better-typography-adobe-petition/

Is there anything in the works?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improvement Indesign Accessibility Features

I use Indesign to create accessible PDFs but there are a few features that should be there.

TABLES
    Automatic Header Column and Header Row tagging. At the moment Header Column is recognized but not Header Row. If this was implemented you could go a step further and add ID tags and scope automatically. This would be a huge time saver since this all has to be done manually in Acrobat. It would also be nice to have an option to specify the Title of the table as a caption tag.

FOOTNOTES
    At the moment you have to add the proper…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base