Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4930 results found

1. place multi-page illustrator

Feature or Script request:

1. Place multi-page (multi artboard) files in InDesign with similar auto flow feature as Shift+Place Autoflow Text when Pasting.

2. Paste multiple Illustrator files at one time with autoflow. For example: 3 separate Illustrator files with 3 artboards each. Script would place each of the 9 artboards on consecutive pages while maintaining the image box size and fill attributes of a user created image box.

3. Dialogue box to select which artboards are to be placed & layer visibility (similar to current place Illustrator file function). This might only work when a single file is being placed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When updating the cross-references in a book, InDesign crashes if it finds an unresolved cross reference

It would be helpful if, instead of crashing, InDesign would just let me know that there's a problem instead of crashing for no apparent reason!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Package items included on pasteboard

Basically our agency puts together loads of creative presentations in inDesign.

A great way to do this is having mock-ups on main page, but build an associated inDesign editable graphic and we normally put that to the side so if we need to make changes we can do on fly and get the editable file right which we can then very quickly update a PSD smart object mock-up for example. So we can keep all workings in one ID doc and it is easy to manage.

But if you package work it doesn’t include pasteboard links and I can get…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shading for character styles

I love using the shading for whole paragraph styles, but it would be nice to have shading for character styles as well. This would be nice for "highlighter" effects, which you just want to highlight a few lines or words. Just like applying an underline or strikethrough, but with a little more control over color, padding, maybe even shape?

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to be able to select multiple table rows that are not connected.

I would like the ability to select multiple table rows that are not connected. For example, I expected to be able to CTRL+Select the rows I want to change the fill color. For example, if I have 20 rows, but I want to select Row 2, 6, 8, 14, and 17 so that I am able to edit the fill color/text color/row height, etc. in those rows only. Currently, I have to do them all individually and in much larger tables (50+ rows.) It's such a pain!

The ability to fill every other row, or every third, etc. in the…

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show number of occurrences in Find/Change

It would be great if in the Find/Change panel, when you look for something, InDesign tells you the number of occurrences that search appears in the document (in a similar way Microsoft Word does in the Find Panel)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Free rotation of sheets

Hi.

InDesign allows you to rotate the sheet at 90º angles to the right, left and 180º.

It would be nice to be able to also rotate the sheet freely, as for example allows Photoshop.

Sometimes when you design, although you can rotate 90º in 90º, you end up having to twist your neck.

I hope you find the idea useful

.Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Table Columns "at least" widths

You can give an 'at least' heights on a table cells, I would liked to see this option to be able on the width of table columns

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Undo create outlines

The ability to undo anything especially the outline of text “ “anytime” even in illustrator or photoshop... not just backwards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Character palette dropdown menu needs to expand full within workspace (revised post)

Apologies, but I posted this before but forgot to include screen grabs. In InDesign CC 2018 when I selected a typeface from the character window drop-down menu, the drop-down expanded to fill my workspace vertically no matter where my character palette was on the screen. Now in CC 2019 it only expands to show 19 or 20 fonts in a much smaller drop-down window. I would love either to go back to the way it was before or have the option to enlarge the drop-down typeface selection window.

See the difference between CC 2018 and 2019 in the screen shots.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include the 'Paste in Front' and 'Paste in Back' features that are already in Illustrator.

Being able to paste in front or in back makes layout of overlapping objects a breeze. Everytime I have to cut and paste an object, I need to set the arrangement of the object. It becomes a pain when I have many objects on the same layer.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Robust Indexing Software

We need a more robust indexing software for those of us in book publishing (nonfiction). Due to the finicky nature of having to manually find and enter every index entry, InDesign's indexing software is only plausible for simple indexes that are done infrequently. Because of this, my publishing company adopted a plug-in, Sonar Bookends, a long time ago. Sonar works quite well, but this has made our use of InCopy impossible, as Sonar Bookends was not designed to work with InCopy and is causing it to regularly crash. I don't see any reason why a robust indexing software that can…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easier moving pages from one document to another

When moving pages to another document InDesign tends to make a new Alternative Layout for these, without asking.
    My documents have the same page size, so please just add the pages,
    or at least give the choice to append the pages or to create an Aternate Layout.
    This new feature breaks old functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Style Application "Tool Tips"

When I create a "complex" style definition with a long set of embedded styles and a "next" style, I want my coworkers and contractors to apply the full style to the correctly selected copy by using the "Apply (style) then Next Style, Clear Overrides" option (right-click Style Name in the Styles Menu).

I would be great if I could attach a "Tool Tip" ("Style Application Tip?") to the Style Name in the Menu--it would appear on application of the style, or perhaps on rollover. Attaching the Tip to Templated Objects on the page would be great also.

Basically, I want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the ability to export responsive web graphics

the ability to export marketing web graphics for all the different aspect ratios... ppt cover slides, twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, email headers... etc...

for example in illustrator I can do 3x, 2x, png and name art boards to the file extension.

indesign maybe the better place for this the illustrator because I can manage the content with variables, paragraph styles, and master pages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When relinking files, prefer to show entire filename instead of path

When relinking files a dialogue oops up where the relinked file is selected. At the top of the dialogue the path to the file is shown. If there isn't enough space for the entire path, including filename, it is condensed by removing some text in the middle. If there is enough room to show the entire filename that should be shown. The path to the file is not as important as the name of the file, especially when relinking multiple files which are often in the same folder and I am already looking in that folder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Image Captions correctly (numerically) ordered in TOC

Currently it appears that numbered image captions that are anchored in text frames are sorted in a TOC according to location from left to right on a page regardless of image number ordering (ie logical numbered order of images may not be correctly sorted in the TOC. I would like to see the images sorted with reference to the 'logical' (numerical) order of the text anchors when the image caption text frames are anchored into a page text frame.
    see pics: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6fmkf9iy4fwg9t/Image%20caption%20order%20on%20page%2031.PNG?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2pjyrautmsnxbu/Figure%20TOC%20order%20incorrect.PNG?dl=0
    This will provide flexibility to locate image captions anywhere on the page while maintaining logical order of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shared files in Dropbox should alert other file users if the file is open

My team is trying to collaborate cross-country on a set of InDesign files using Dropbox.

This is difficult because the InDesign files don't notify users when someone is in the same file when it's stored in Dropbox. This makes our team more likely to have divergent copies, and it makes it harder for us to collaborate.

Word files in Dropbox do let you know when someone else is in the file. It would be a major improvement if the InDesign files would also alert users when someone else is in the file when its stored in Dropbox.

Alternatively, if Adobe…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move objects to a different layer through F/C dialog

Would be nice if F/C dialog allowed moving text (and so forth text frames) to a specific layer. Actually this is only feasible per script. User could deport specific text frames to a specific layer in a easy way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Colour Themes for in-RIP separation

Not sure whether to post this as colours, printing or CC Libraries.... Perhaps all of them...

I print with in-RIP separations to match named colours in InDesign with the printer RIP to always receive accurate colours for comparing to customer colouring scales or calibrating new custom colours with a photo spectrometer. When creating a custom colour theme for a customer, I cannot do this because I cannot give each colour an individual name and as such I need to manually add every colour and rename them as needed.

I want to be able to rename a theme called X with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base