When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RTL support in Adobe Composer (not Adobe World-Ready Composer)

Adobe's Ready World Composer is designed to provide a solution for RTL languages, such as Hebrew and Arabic. But lots of InDesign features don't work at all. (OpenType by Frame, Flush Space, Optical Margin Aligment and more ...)
    Instead of fixing this composer, I suggest that the regular composer also will support RTL writing.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Panel is missing all playback settings for MP4 files in InDesign 2020

CC 2020 is missing all its control settings for playing MP4 files in an interactive pdf. Until this year's upgrade you had multiple options on what Controller Functions appeared when playing/displaying MP4's in an Interactive PDF document.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UI – Some Buttons are missing InDesign CC 2020 (OS X)

Hello,

I’ve updated InDesign to the newest version 15.0 (InDesign CC 2020) on OS X.
    And some buttons in the top window border are missing like the percent and the GPU rocket.

Is it possible to put these back?! Or do I have to change it anywhere in the menu? Can’t find it.

Best
    Sascha

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The InDesign team appreciates your valuable feedback and concerns. These go a long way in helping us make InDesign better for you and update it continuously to cater to evolving user needs. The app bar design was changed as part of these improvement efforts, and will also help us in introducing some modern and exciting functionalities which we have been working on.

While doing this, we have taken care not to remove any existing functionalities which were available in the previous App Bar design. These have only been relocated – either grouped along with similar functionalities (based on results from our user research) or shifted to improve usability (to provide a consistent experience) while working across Creative Cloud apps, especially Photoshop (Ps) & Illustrator (Ai), which are frequently used by InDesign users. We do understand that it takes time & effort in adopting these but we sincerely hope that the…

4. 61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove first line indent after a heading

We need an option to set First Line Indent to zero when a paragraph follows a heading.

For example, perhaps you have Head1, Head2, and BodyText. Head2 is based on Head1. BodyText has a first line indent. My suggestion is that InDesign should have a checkbox labeled "Set first line indent to zero when following:" and then provide a list of paragraph styles in the document.

You could either allow people to choose Head1 AND Head2 (multiple selection list), or you could allow them to choose Head1 and it would automatically apply to Head2 because that is based on Head1.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full-width space is treated the same as Kanji

I've been using InDesign in a Japanese environment and have long been frustrated by the lack of distinction between kanji and double-byte spaces.
    When you want to select consecutive Kanji by double-clicking (or command + → etc.), adjacent double-byte spaces (0x3000) will be selected together.
    When you receive an unsatisfactory text manuscript, double-clicking a wasted double-byte space will select the adjacent kanji together.
    I can't imagine the single benefit of this specification. It's just inconvenient.
    I would like you to improve this.
    I hope you will get the approval of everyone. Thank you.

<Japanese>
    私はInDesignを日本語環境で使用していて、漢字と全角スペースの区別がついていないことを長年不満に思っています。
    ダブルクリック(あるいはcommand + →など)で連続した漢字を選択したいとき、隣接する全角スペース(0x3000)が一緒に選択されてしまう。
    美しくないテキスト原稿を受け取ったとき、無駄な全角スペースをダブルクリックすると隣接する漢字まで一緒に選択されてしまう。
    この仕様について、ただ1つのメリットも想像できません。ただ不便なだけです。 …

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Moving the IDLK temp file

It would be nice to have an option in Preferences to be able to move the temporary IDLK file which is automatically created at the same level as the edited file. Kind of like Photoshop.
    Because if the edited file is located in a DropBox or GoogleDrive (or other) folder, Dropbox or GoogleDrive spend their time updating this file, which is very detrimental in terms of bandwidth and processor occupancy.

Thank you

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Preserve positioning data when pasting graphic from one frame to another

When I copy an image from one frame and paste it into another, I expect this action to preserve two sets of attributes: scaling factor and positioning data.

I get one out of two (scaling).

No offense, but QuarkXPress could do both back in 1990.

Why does this matter? Imagine a layout with a horizontal row of head shots, each in a separate frame of the same shape and size. Client says, "Oh, please move photo 3 to frame 10, and scoot everyone else up one frame."

I don't have to imagine this situation, as I'm currently working on a…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Alert When Missing Fonts are Replaced with Enabled Adobe Fonts

When working in a packaged file workflow, where Adobe Fonts are not and cannot used, if there is a missing font that a user might already have enabled in Adobe Fonts, InDesign makes a font replacement with no warning.

There is an alert to activate missing fonts, but no warning if missing fonts are already activated in the user's system. I’m not sure if you could limit this to: If there is a Document fonts folder present, then there should be an alert before fonts are replaced with Adobe Font versions. This should not effect if fonts are enabled in…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Application and workspace settings integrated in Adobe Cloud account

Connect application settings and saved workspaces to Adobe Cloud accounts so all of preferences and workspace customizations are applied at login.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "story list.xml"

Can someone please explain what the "story list.xml" is about, which (from time to time) is created when exporting to InCopy?
    I have not found any documentation on this.

Some inexperienced users are very irritated about this!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Data merge: Classification Master pages

Es solle möglich sein, über die Datentabelle für jeden Datensatz eine Musterseite zuordnen zu können. Ähnlich wie QR-Code und Images bekommt die Spalte ein Sonderzeichen, in der die Bezeichnung der Musterseite steht.
    Nach der Datenzusammenführung hat dann jeder Datensatz die entsprechende Musterseite.
    Translation google: It should be possible to assign a sample page for each data record via the data table. Similar to QR code and images, the column is given a special character in which the name of the sample page is written.
    After the data merging, each data record then has the corresponding master page.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refine "No Break" by providing suboptions

While hyphenation preferences can be refined at the Paragraph (style) level, Character (style) options only provide a boolean “No Break” attribute which prevents line breaks whatever the location of the text in the layout.

Note, for example, that “Hyphenate Across Column” is available as a paragraph option while the user may actually want to turn on/off column breaks from within a character style. The “No Break” attribute is then too harsh, since it fully disallows line breaking.

Suppose a ITEMS character style is associated to proper names or book titles. We may want to allow regular line breaking for these…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Access CC Library Assets via Script

The ability to access assets from a classic ID library and place them on the artboard via script works great. It would be even better if these functionalities are also possible with CC libraries. This move would push more developers to the cloud environment of Adobe in my opinion.

Currently there are some cloud-related methods like 'placeCloudAsset' and 'setCloudLibraryCollection' listed inside the ID-DOM but these seem to be for internal use only.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Text and Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Content aware fit in object style // InDesign

Please make it possible to use the function "content aware fit" for images in an object style.
    // InDesign

Thanks, Heike Burch // www.moliri.com

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Utilize paragraph shading for text messages with improved functionality

The new paragraph shading feature would be fantastic to use for laying out text message conversations in books/long from documents, but needs a few tweaks to make is fully functional. Text messages in books is becoming very common and having them run in the text while paging is crucial.

It used to be that you had to create shapes and anchor each in for a text message. Now you can use Paragraph Shading defined in the style for left side texts with no adjustments, but because right side text messages need to have the "bubble" shape aligned right, but the…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please make the Paragraph Style Options panel resizable

When on a laptop, opening the Paragraph Style Options takes almost the whole size of my laptop screen. There is no way to resize this, and it is almost impossible to view the effect of the changes you are making.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layout/Graphics etc  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save Preferences

For about 14/15 years I never had to reset preferences in InDesign.

Since CC2017 it's more or less once a week.
    Colors disappearing.. panels blind or empty.. tools not working.. font now showing.
    Panels self increasing size...

But it seems we have to deal with it, so we probably need a way to SAVE PREFERENCES.
    Save preferences in a moment everything work fine.. and restore it when (after just few days) nothing works anymore.

Every time people have to reset preferences, they have to restore everything. UI colors, workspace, Application Frame (that mac users normally never use) Old Dialog way…

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 151 152
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base