Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• or

327 results found

1. Text Box Cutting off Copy with Auto Height On

I am using version 15.0.1 but this also happens in previous versions. We use multiple paragraph styles to format our text. We have noticed in some cases, not all when we copy the text frame the text box cuts off the last line when copied. Also when you click in a text box and begin to edit the last line disappears. We use many layers and many versions so we copy the text very often, this is causing problems with missing text.

To get our text formatted we use paragraph styles, we hit enter to go to the next style,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ID crashes when call method "createHyperlinkQRCode" on Rectangle from "afterOpen" event handler

ID 18.1 Windows 10

I'm trying to develop a script that updates the QR code (creates anew in the same Rectangle ) when the document is opened.

The Startup Script sets the event handler of the "afterOpen" event, where the "createHyperlinkQRCode" method is called on the found Rectangle object.

In this case, InDesign crashes with an error
    <crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" exceptionCode="0xc0000005" instruction="0x00007FFD49229914">

Creating a QR code manually through the main menu does not cause errors. The error does not occur when the script calls the "createHyperlinkQRCode" method on the Document object. But in this case, I have to point with the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. popups

ISSUE: More than once, when I open InDesign, or access it for the first time that day, it'll come up with a popup spread across my workspace, inviting my feedback about something or alerting me to something. AND it will NOT go away.

Previous time it was alerting me to the coming end of support for Type 1 fonts. Today (03/03/22) it's asking me to share feedback on Copy Editor (Beta) (screenshot attached).

At this moment I need to work on my document, and I am not using Copy Editor, nor have I. But the popup can't be Escaped out…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lag due to "corrupt links"

Case Number: ADB-10686986-C0K0
    Issue: Performance
    The file I am working on is part of a network located book which included 15 separate indesign documents and links to many images. Working on the file last week everything was fine, however this week when I type even a single character there is a tremendous lag (30 seconds to 2 minutes). This has affected every file in the book that I have opened this week so far.
    The adobe tech had me create a new file and "move" all the pages to that file. This resolved the lag however it also broke the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suggestion -book (choice of layers)

I produce several multi-language books & brochures that consists of up to 114 separate documents linked via a Book file. Each language has its' own layer with the same name in all documents while other layers are exclusive to, or only exist in some documents. Currently when I have to Print or create a PDF of a specific language I have to open every single document to activate the layers I want visible, save, and then proceed to output the entire book.

I would like to propose that Indesign incorporate an additional tab in its' print/pdf dialog boxes that lists…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Book/TOC  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. References

Problem

There does not seem to be a straight forward way to manage references in a scientific text.[1-3] While simple references[1] may be managed by bending the cross-reference tool[2] more advanced referencing situations[1,3] are not easily dealt with.

Suggestion

In the raw text, cite-keys can be inserted. The cite-keys are unique identifiers for the text entries (either in a table at the end of the document or in a separate bibtext file). Then a relatively simple functionality that basically does search-and-replace work could do the rest. Search for the first cite-key in the document, replace all its occurrences with 1.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. InDesign 18.4 crashes/fails during PDF export for documents containing placed indd with HEIC images

I've tried exporting every INDD separately with HEIC images in and it exports fine. The file that contains the INDD with HEIC images in always hangs and eventually crashes.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base