Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. a hand appears as a hover effect

Hello,

for both of my employees, a hand appears as a hover effect as soon as they move the mouse pointer into the Layers menu or the Pages menu. Then the mouse pointer freezes or slows down considerably.

Both use OSX Mojave together with the latest InDesign CC version.

How can we fix this problem?

Thank you for your forthcoming help

Tobias Engelhardt
    HOLTZ OFFICE SUPPORT Germany

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Wrap bug

text wrap does not work with anchored object
    does not work on the same and previous rows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Running head containing forced line break inserts space incorrectly

When a Running Head text variable is generated, under certain (common) conditions, a double-space is inserted where a forced linebreak is used.

To reproduce bug:

1. Insert a Running Head text variable into a master page running head position.

2. Specify the first instance of, say, Level-One paragraph style.

3. In a multi-page text flow, insert a Level-One styled paragraph with enough text to force a line wrap.

4. Within the Level-One paragraph, insert a Forced Line Break (FLB) character.

5. Scroll text back and forth to force update of the text variable display.

Result: On the page containing the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. export

My inDesign file won't export to PDF. it says it has an error but no exact details.
    Also when I want to make a package it stops while exporting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Aperçu des séparations - COULEUR REPERAGE

Bonjour
    Dans la palette Aperçu des Séparation, il faudrait une coche pour masquer ou afficher les objet utilisant la teinte repérage.
    En effet il est très difficile de vérifier si un document contient accidentellement une teinte non désirée, car la teinte repérage peux masquer certains détails, comme par exemple un petit objet jaune quadri dans un document imprimé contenant plusieurs tons directs dont le jaune P109.
    Cordialement

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Renaming CC Library Elements

Renaming elements that have been stored in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel is unstable and can use improvements.
    • There is no clear cursor to know where you are in the name.
    • Double clicking to highlight a word, once in the rename mode, common practice everywhere else, ends up opening the library item, not selecting the word you intended.
    • Doing a slow double click on the name, like you can do in the Layers panel to rename a layer doesn't work either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. export tagging

The epub 3.0 reflowable and html exports are dropping characters from the export tags in the html/xhtml files. This just started happening in the last few weeks (not sure exactly when it started), perhaps early Aug 2019. My version of InDesign is upgraded to CC V14.0.3 x64, and it is still happening. I've attached 4 screenshots: 2 show the export tags in Paragraph styles, and the other 2 show the files generated by InDesign (1 in html and 1 in xhtml from an epub export). Characters are dropped from the styles. It doesn't drop a character in all styles, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Forcepoint DLP affects copy and paste functionality in Adobe InDesign

Following deployment of Forcepoint data loss prevention software into our organisation, functionality for copy and paste in all versions of Adobe InDesign was lost. When pasting, text would lose all formatting and no longer be associated with style sheets. Anchored objects were lost. Some hidden characters e.g. indent to here were lost. Tables were also affected. If pasting into same document, pasted text would adopt whatever style sheet was currently selected. If pasting into a new document, text would default to Minion Pro. Partial improvement was achieved by changing Clipboard Handling preference from Text Only to All Information but this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Issue with Character Formatting while using FN references

There is no bold in word file (RTF) although while flow to InDesign CS6 bold formatting applied, please check and provide solution for this issue.

Note: Issue occurred in text "<H2>[De vulneribus pectoris vel thoracis]."
    after note reference 84 in the head level, which affects to next paragraph up to next formatting.

Here i have attached docx instead of rtf file, since rtf files not allowed to post with bug request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Issue with Character Formatting while using FN references

There is no bold in word file (RTF) although while flow to InDesign CS6 bold formatting applied, please check and provide solution for this issue.

Note: Issue occurred in text "<H2>[De vulneribus pectoris vel thoracis]."
    after note reference 84 in the head level, which affects to next paragraph up to next formatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paragraph Style Panel Overrides

THIS HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR YEARS NOW!

Paragraph Overrides

You used to be able to hover your mouse over a paragraph style in the paragraph style panel that had an override (plus sign). When you hovered over this style it would display a tool tip showing you what was overriding that style. This no longer works.

InDesign magazine has even written an article about it... https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-get-tooltips-working-again.php

The only way to fix this problem is to resize the panel. Every time you need to see what is overriding a style you have to resize the panel meaning you may have to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Creep leaves a white gap

Print to Booklet does have a creep setting, to compensate for paper thickness in a saddle stitched booklet. But there is a problem is on the coverpages, since the added creep leaves a white gap on the 'back' where the staples are placed, even when the document has enough bleed to fill this space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print/Packaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Slow performance

Lately InDesign is nearly unusable. Almost every action from selecting objects, resizing objects, or moving objects comes with a really slow reaction time. Even when clicking between panels in the toolbar there is a delay of about half a second.

I have tried ruling out potential issues like updating graphic drivers and embedding all resources into the document. Nothing works it seems like the application is just unstable. Please advise, I love to work with indesign but this is overall a very bad user experience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please change one word in the German Indesign

The German Word "Abstände" is used two times in the paragraph style panel but with two completely different meanings.

First use "Einzüge und Abstände" is in English "Indents and Spacing".

Second use "Abstände" is in English "Justification".

Please change the second one to "Blocksatz" or "Blocksatzeinstellungen" so that the German users will not be confused anymore.

Or contact a German speaking InDesign pro user for a better translation.

Just a small change to make a lot of (German speaking) people happy!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello All,

The fix is now available in the Beta builds of InDesign. You can download the latest beta build from Download section of InDesign Prerelease portal.

1. Go to adobeprerelease.com
    2. Log in with your Adobe Id.
    3. Once logged in, search for “InDesign CC Prerelease” program in the list.
    4. Click on the program to join the same.
    5. You can download the latest available build (15.0.0.136) from “Builds and Plugins” section on the page.
    6. The steps for installing the build can be found in the release notes.

Adobe InDesign team

15. Cannot save file " " under a new name. The file "DBTmp982766505057" is damaged (Error code: 0).

I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave in order to accommodate the latest Adobe CC 2019, which I also just installed. I have yet to be able to save an InDesign file. I keep getting the above message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Making PDFs with files that have EPS graphics is slower than previous

Since the 14.0.3 update, I've noticed that exporting PDFs that contain EPS graphics is quite slower than under the previous version. Is this able to be confirmed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop showing the "Setup Libraries Your Way" EVERY TIME I open creative cloud library

This thing is beyond annoying. Yes it was helpful the first time I saw it. But once I clicked it off once, I never needed to see it again. But this little f***er shows up every time I open the CC libraries after a restart. GIVE ME A DON"T SHOW AGAIN..... Please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. InDesign Crashing when inserting footnote or carriage return

Running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and inDesign CC 2019.

I have used InDesign since it replaced PageMaker, and PageMaker for a decade before that. It almost *never* misbehaves ... so I am grieved to report that I just crashed InDesign three times in a row.

I am editing an existing 20-page, single-column document. The first two times I tried to insert a footnote, InDesign crashed dramatically -- the windows disappeared and the program icon in my Dock no longer showed the dot indicating an open application. The third time I inserted a carriage return and InDesign crashed the same way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. LENTEUR InDesign

Bonjour, cela fait 20 n'as que j'utilise InDesign mais depuis 2 ans avec la nouvelle version CC . C'est devenu un calvaire de travailler avec cette application.
    Faîtes quelque chose de sérieux avant que je me tourne vers autre chose... ça devient insupportable.

La réponse ne peut pas être désactiver des application tierce comme suit case et font explorer, ces applications sont indispensables avec Indesign.

Donnez moi une solution pérenne. merci

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CC library desconfigured after dragging in a table

Hi there,
    I dragged a table from one page to the cc library panel and it turned black with code characters in colors. I lost all the libraries... can not find them anymore, not even delete this code or replace. Nothing. Please help

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base