Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6469 results found

1. Adobeフォントを600個近くアクティベートしていると起動はするがフリーズ状態になる

adobefontのアクティベート数が現在700個あります。
    この状態でInDesignは起動はするがフリーズ状態で操作を受け付けない。
    30分放置しても変化なし。
    adobeサポート側では「フォント数が多いと起動できない」と言われましたが、確かにadobeフォントの同期を無効にすると使用できます。
    フォントもadobeフォントをアプリ上でダウンロードできる。
    しかし、premiereではテキストスタイルに登録したフォントが書体が分からずアプリ上でもadobeフォントを検索できない。
    フォントを多くアクティベートしていても使用できるように改善を希望します。
    InDesignバージョン19.2
    windows11 23H2
    デスクトップパソコンCPU、GPUともにスペック高め。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Share for review is not working properly

I've seen other people comment on this, and have had this crash several times in several different docs, but the Share for Review tool in InDesign is basically broken on a regular basis. Update content constantly just gives me a spinning wheel. The image quality is extremely lo res when reviewing (which was "resolved" by an Adobe team member saying "it would slow down load speed" which in this day in age is frankly absurd. Fix your "Share for Review" feature, I've almost lost two clients to it who thought we sent them garbage and who also needed something delivered…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can't export pdfs with broken Hyperlinks? It considers an Apple Shortcut link as a broken URL?

I added URLs with Apple Shortcut link (Shortcuts://run-shortcut?name=***) and I couldn't export as pdf due to broken hyperlinks. It used to work before and Now it keeps giving me an error message whenever I try to export it.

Update: exporting pdf doesn't work with no apparent broken links or apple shortcut links

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Table Styles don't work properly

When editing a style for a table the table border is ignored if row strokes are set. Changing row or column strokes is ignored. Strokes remain whatever they were before the change. Changes have to be made manually making table styles basically useless.

Note, no styles are set for table cell borders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apple's Spoken Content not functioning in InDesign 19.2

I use Apple's Spoken Content to have my Mac read my documents back to me as a way of proof reading sections at a time for continuity and structure (something no spell check provides). When I highlight text I want read aloud and hit the keyboard commands for Spoken Content, the Mac reads the actual file name of the document! If I copy and paste the text into a .indd file for InDesign 18.5.1 and repeat the steps, it works correctly and reads my text out loud. It works if I open any .indd file that is not saved in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. InDesign 2024 panels expand abnormally when application frame is OFF

Recurring issue from one InDesign upgrade to the next! Found 2- and 6-year old reports of the same bug. In-between updates fix it but reoccurs with every new upgrade...

ISSUE
    When Application Frame is disabled, panels that are on the right side of the screen don't expand towards the left as they normally would but to the right.
    The bigger the UI scaling size, the more to the right of the screen the panel expansion moves, soon disappearing altogether. Only smallest sizing allows to display properly.
    Attaching screenshot for reference.
    No problem when Application Frame is enabled.

TECHNICAL INFO:
    macOS…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. QR code

We created business cards for 20 of our employees with a QR-code showing their contact details.
    On more than half of these, the QR-code works correctly on Android but says "no usable data found" on iPhone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Text box (&photoBox) LAG & MOVE after clicking / editing

When clicking on TXT box indesign freezes for about 1s then it's moving text box ON ITS OWN by few pixels (please take a look at video: 1-2s, 12-14s, 22-24s) like how is this happening??? It doesn't matter if the document is big or small, new or old - I've tried all options it's doing it every single time!!! I can't work since it;s driving me crazy FIX IT ASAP:

INFO: Adobe InDesign v19.2, MacOS: 14.3 (23D56), MacBook Pro 16" m1 PRO, 32Gb RAM

Additional info:
    1. tried on multiple documents all have the same poblem
    2. new document with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 19.2 Performance (esp. Type Tool)

Starting with version 19, but especially with v. 19.2 (MacBook using Sonoma 14.3.1), InDesign just SLOGS. Every time I select the Type Tool, it's about 3-4 full seconds (including the "spinning ball" every time) before the type tool is accessible to me.

I am a long-time power user of InDesign and this is incredibly frustrating. My brain and hands now work much faster than the application — didn't always used to be true. Click and wait...click and wait...click and wait. That's what using InDesign is like now. For 700 bucks a year. Yuck!

Have you made the program TOO FAT,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hide spread does not work with publish online

InDesign v 19.0 - Publish Online
    I welcomed the fairly new 'Hide Spread' option, which is long overdue. But unless this is a bug, I am astonished that the hide spread feature does not work when you use the Adobe Publish Online option!?
    I think the initial message said the hidden pages will be excluded when exporting (to PDF I presume), but I assumed it would also work when using the Publish Online option!
    But my experience publishing online just now shows me the hidden pages are always included. I changed paste board set-up to 'Digital Publishing' in case that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. gpu view corrupt!

Apple Mac Mini M1, 16GB / Adobe InDesign 19.2: even after today's update, GPU view doesn't display correctly some objects on the page! CPU view ok, overprint view ok, but after switching to GPU view, some objects disappear! Please see the attached footage.
    Adobe InDesign 18.5.1 on the same machine works ok with the same document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep (2nd attempt)

In the discussion of the same name, Adobe falsely stated that the problem had been fixed. It wasn't. The problem persists. When you wake up, the panels move from one screen to another.
    Please stop faking fixes and check them before posting them. It is disrespectful for Adobe to publish fake bug fix reports.

Old discussion (now closed): https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/45467137-window-and-panels-moving-when-mac-goes-to-sleep

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI/UI Scaling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. XML tags are not allowing inside Footnotes

We are handling huge STM Books and Journals and following XML workflow. Some of our books and journals will have huge footnotes with contents coded with client provided DTD. When applying the XML tagging to footnote contents, InDesign showing a warning that it's not allowed (attached the screenshot for reference)

Due to this limitation, we're handling the XML based footnotes with different approach and unable to utilize the benefits of usual footnotes features, which includes footnotes moving to next page when the footnote references are moving, flowing the part of footnotes into next page(s) when the contents are exceeding the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need the ability to change colors of SVG files when linked to InDesign from CC Libraries.

When saving icons from Illustrator as SVG files into CC Libraries, these icons only have the ability to change their color when linked back to Illustrator. If you pull from CC Libraries into InDesign, you are unable to change the color of the icon in InDesign. The ability to do so would be very helpful for workflow when designing print files. This will avoid the need to save icons in multiple color versions in CC Libraries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. InDesign Element changed/defective GREP-Styles after adding it to the cc library

Indd Version 2022, 17.2.1

The following Bug occurs: I created an Indd Element with assigend object- and paragraph styles using GREP-styles. If I copy that Element from document to document, it will work just fine. Once I add it to the cc library, the GREP-Styles become defective, even though nothing was changed.
    The defective Styles then stay within that one element.

futhermore, any object styles using auto-sizing are deformed when placing them from the library.

the screenshot with the superscript 1 is correct, once in libraries, the 1 won't be superscript anymore.

The torn yellow box is what happens once…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Font window

Font window frozen in center of screen, won't go away. Using Indesign 18.0 for MacOS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. why does my keyboard space key bring up the save or quit command in InDesign?

I have updated InDesign 2024 v.19.1. to the latest version. Mac OS 14.3.1. This Only happens in adobe indesign, I can get a space with the space bar in this very box and other applications, but NOt in my indesign document. I have to copy and paste a space to get one in my document. You can imagine how that slows my work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can't place jpgs at actual size.

It would be amazing if you could place jpgs at actual size instead of InDesign placing them at sizes that are apparently (based on resolution?)

If I have an 5 inch square jpg file, the resolution should not have anything to do with what size it places at. If it is 5x5 and 300 dpi, and I place it in InDesign, it should be 5x5. If I have a 5x5 jpeg that is 50 dpi, and I place it in InDesign, it should also be 5x5 after placing. I shouldn't have to SCALE something I place to get it to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. story direction missing indesign 19.2

I don’t know how, but I activated story direction right to left when i created a frame with columns. I went crazy to disable it, so i found that there is an option which is missing in my indesign version (19.2. italian language). Is there a way or a keyboard shortcut to fix it? Thanks for your help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Window jumps to maximum size in 19.2

Since version 19.2, InDesign's window behavior has been weird and wrong. With each mouse click it jumps to the maximum window size. If I resize the window, the next mouse click will maximize it again. Very annoying. This is only in 19.2. I have a Mac Studio M1 and a 49-inch Dell U4919DW monitor (size 5120 x 1440 pixels), so I don't want to work at the full size of the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base