Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working

Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working.
    Some Alt Codes Short Cuts not working in Indesign, but the same font is working fine in Pagemaker, Adobe CC Acrobat DC Pro, Coreldraw, Microsoft Word, and all other applications, but not working Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro as well as Indesign CC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server (IDS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working

Some Alt Codes Short Cuts not working in Indesign, but same font is working fine in Pagemaker, Adobe CC Acrobat DC Pro, Coreldraw, Microsoft Word and all Other applications, but not working Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro as well as Indesign CC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  InDesign Server (IDS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Symbol Font Character Set Alt Codes not working

Some Alt Codes Short Cuts not working in Indesign, but same font is working fine in Pagemaker, Adobe CC Acrobat DC Pro, Coreldraw, Microsoft Word and all Other applications, but not working Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro as well as Indesign CC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. InDesign 15.0.1 Find/Change dialog does not show on OSX Catalina 10.15.2

InDesign 15.0.1 Find/Change dialog does not respond to either keyboard prompt nor to pulldown menu choice. Was working fine all morning. Just stopped. Strange?? Any cure??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Presentation

When changing to the presentation mode the side visualization glitches. Same happen when I want to scroll through some pages. Even if the first page looks finde the second one isn't.
    With only one side the problem isn't there every time I use the presentation mode. But you can see the visualization glitch for a seconds before it goes back to normal.

MacBook Pro 2019 16"
    2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 / AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
    macOS Catalina 10.15.2
    InDesign 2020 15.0.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document/Pages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Presentation

When changing to the presentation mode the side visualization glitches. Same happen when I want to scroll through some pages. Even if the first page looks finde the second one isn't.
    With only one side the problem isn't there every time I use the presentation mode. But you can see the visualization glitch for a seconds before it goes back to normal.

MacBook Pro 2019 16"
    2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 / AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
    macOS Catalina 10.15.2
    InDesign 2020 15.0.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hangs on export to epub3

I have one file that will not export at all. InDesign hangs every time and I have to force quit. I have tried not including the cover, the fonts, the TOC, in all combinations. I was able to export by opening the IDML in CS6. Mac OS 10.3.6 and InDesign CC 15.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ePub/HTML/Publish Online  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Fonts don´t load

Adobe Fonts don´t load. When I click to activate a font it changes icon to "activating" but it never activates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Moving pages cause the shift of the pages moved

Is a big problem: when moving pages from different Documents with the same options, master pages and Layouts the pages moved are shifted (to the left or to the right).
    I've made an Example in the attached Files.
    1.png shows the way I move the last two pages of the document to the other document (identical copy of the same file).
    2.png shows the pages moved in the second document (they should be the same but the imported ones are shifted by a few millimeters).
    For documents where you have to import hundreds of pages it is very frustrating to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Data Merge function "Honor existing frame fitting option" is not working on master pages

Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server

Adobe InDesign 15.0.1

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac 27 Zoll End 2012

Steps to reproduce the issues
    See also attached video

Open the file > 01ExposeTEMPXMLStart.indd
    Generate a merged document by clicking the button
    Choose "Honor existing frame fitting" in Content Placement Options
    Click [OK]
    Jump to page 1 in the merged document
    The pictures are placed without honoring the existing frame fitting options from the object style
    This only happens with frames that are placed on a master page. The same frame on a document page works…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outline color of tables changed

When I open a file which has been created in InDesign 2019 (by another person) with my version 15.0.1, some outline colors of the tables are displayed incorrectly. (not all of them) In my case they should all be 60% black, but some of them are 100% black now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text/Story/Table  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Data Merge function "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" deletes the wrong paragraph

Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server

Adobe InDesign 15.0.1

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

iMac 27 Zoll End 2012

Steps to reproduce the issues

See also attached video

Open Document "02VKLeerzeilenTEMPEnde.indd"
    Open Data-Merge Panel
    Generate a merged document with click on the button
    Uncheck "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in Content Placement Options
    Press [OK]
    Repeat Step 3 this time Check "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in Content Placement Options
    Press [OK]
    Put the documents side by side
    Activate "Show Style override" in the paragraph panel
    Jump to page 2
    On the left…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. fonts activate

Indesign 15.0.1: Hello, I have the same problem. Adobe Fonts don´t load. When I click to activate a font it changes icon to "activating" but it never activates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Printing error with Acrobat

I get the following error message when I try to print InDesign documents to Acrobat.
    %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
    %%[ Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: readstring ]%%

Stack:

(› PoÈsKÖnµÐY5Âê2¢ ÷Fmø-êíöYJ
    øR½=Ö¤%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
    %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Getting frustrating. Any ideas on how to repair it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. inDesign 2020 removed the zoom view box from the top menu bar

This user is much unhappy that inDesign 2020 no longer provides the zoom view box that appeared in the top menu bar, directly to the right of the help tab. That was a fast, easy way to change the view size of the file in the screen.

I was told by Adobe that this feature was dropped because the screen size view could be achieved by other existing features. Sure... now one must pull down a tab, then go to another command and activate a feature like zoom in and zoom out. And that only shifts the view in or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance/Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The change was made to reduce the UI clutter for the user and it was moved to the bottom left of the screen in the Status bar where other controls like page navigation, preflight profiles, etc. are available.

To continue using this feature, we can suggest a simple workaround which takes less than a minute to accomplish – just open the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, choose Views, Navigation from the Product Area drop-down, select the ‘Access zoom percentage box’ from the list of commands and assign a shortcut – example, Ctrl-Alt-5. You can customize the keyboard shortcuts as you like and save a new Keyboard Shortcut Set.

Meanwhile, we are reviewing this request.

Adobe InDesign team

16. Proportion lock is ignored when scaling.

I've placed a bitmap on my page. When scaling it with the scaling tool and the proportion lock engaged, proportions aren't maintained.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Scaling with the Scale Tool scales the objects without taking into consideration the Constraint Lock icon, it works independently of the state of this icon. Only when you use the W & H fields, the Constraint icon is used.
    So, it is not a bug. You can also see this work similarly in Adobe Illustrator too.

Adobe InDesign team

17. Bounding box is always on the outside of the stroke

Ever since I updated to the latest InDesign (InDesign 15.0.1), the bounding box is always on the outside of the stroke so instead of objects snapping to the box they are snapping to the outside of the stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Book/TOC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't change bounding box size when stroke is applied

InDesign 15.0.1

When I create a rectangle with fancy corners, when I change the stroke to the outside it won't let me adjust the size of the box. If I grab the side and drag it to where I want it snaps into place smaller. If I go up to the tool bar at the top & try to change it that way regardless of whether I try to change it bigger or smaller it just makes it smaller & it doesn't just go 1px at a time it changes 6px+ & if I try to just do vertical it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics/Images/Assets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 12/05/19 Updates in Indesign

Update on 12/05/19 caused stability issues in Indesign. Since this update, my indesign has been crashing, unresponsive, and about as bad as AI. This program is my workhorse and I need it to function. Documents take about 5-10 minutes to open, even longer to save, and scrolling in multi-page documents is tough because it lags so hard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Crash  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 125 126
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base