Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Type tool still deselects itself InDD 15.0.1

The bug has been already reported, it's been claimed to be fixed in 14.0.1, but actually still persists and never was corrected.

Typing "T" just selects the type tool very briefly, then changes back to the previous tool. Clicking inside a text frame has the same result, even if you get to select some part of the text, it just changes back tot he previous tool in most of the cases. The only way to get it work, is to select the tool in the sidebar, however even there it takes several seconds to become active.

Using InDD 15.0.1 on…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

156 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is available in the InDesign PreRelease build(v17.0.0.82) and above.
    Please check if the issue now stands resolved.

Download/Update the latest InDesign PreRelease build in Creative Cloud under the “Prerelease” category(Refer to “Prerelease_CreativeCloud.png” for reference)
    Please apply to the InDesign PreRelease in case you don’t have access to InDesign PreRelease build – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171

If you still encounter any issues, please drop a mail to sharewithID@adobe.com.

Adobe InDesign team

2. Indesign 2021 (16.0) IDLK file do not lock

It is currently possible that two users are able to open the same Indesign file. I am working on a network volume via VPN and it was possible for my colleague to open the same file i was working with. The *.idlk file was generated but it seems that it would not be recognized from the other Indesign my colleague was using.

I tried to reproduce this issuue with Indesign 2020 and all worked fine as expected.

This is an enormous issue for collaboration with other colleagues at the same projects.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is available in the InDesign PreRelease build(v17.0.0.92) and above.

Download/Update the latest InDesign PreRelease build in Creative Cloud under the “Prerelease” category(Refer to “Prerelease_CreativeCloud.png” for reference)
    Please apply to the InDesign PreRelease in case you don’t have access to InDesign PreRelease build – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171

Adobe InDesign team

3. png transparent background showing black

Importing this icon and the transparent background is showing as black in current inDesign CC. Didn't have issues with similar icons from same site.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Effects/Transparency  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is available in the InDesign PreRelease build(v17.0.0.82) and above.

Adobe InDesign team

4. Multiple listings of same font in Find Font menu

There are multiple listings of the same font in the Find Font menu in CC2019. All information is the same, all applied characters are the same, but there is odd behavior.

--FileACC2019WithDocumentsfontsfolder.png shows double listing of Trade Gothic LT Pro Roman.

--FileACC2019WithoutDocumentfontsfolder.png (when I take away access to Document fonts folder, no other changes), one instance switches to "Regular" instead of "Roman"

--FileACC2017WithDocumentfontsfolder.png shows what happens with I open this file in CC2017 (no double listing)

--FileACC2017WithoutDocumentfontsfolder.png (Document fonts folder hidden) shows what happens with I open this file in CC2017 (no…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this issue is available in the InDesign PreRelease build(v17.0.0.85) and above.

Adobe InDesign team

5. interface small

Icons and font in indesign cc 2018 is too small
    What about solving this issue
    Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. export to pdf destination folder changes after creating "share for review" copy

After creating "share for review" copy, when I try to export to PDF, the "save to" destination folder changes to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 16.0-ME\en_US\Caches\Artifact
    I guess it's becuase the "share for review" feature creates also a PDF copy of the book. but it's annoying to be forced to navigate again and again to my project's folder.
    i'm using the latest version 16.3 (middle east locale). windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share for Review  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adobe InDesign team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base