Skip to content

Adobe InDesign: Bugs

When filing a new bug, please provide:

1. Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
  2. Steps to reproduce the issues
  3. Expected result
  4. Actual result
  5. Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
If you are facing a crash in InDesign, please submit the crash report as well. How to Submit Crash Report
Join the InDesign Prerelease Program to try out the new features and the bug fixes that are available in beta builds.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2 results found

1. Problem with Variable fonts - some glyphs are displayed with a lighter weight on changing axes.

Some variable fonts works as expected, but for some, the font displays at a lighter weight (perhaps regular?) when the weight is set for anything heavier than about 750. It appears that the heavier weight's metrics are used.

In my my limited test, the weight prints properly.

I'm on a 27-inch, iMac 2020, Mac OS 13.5.1, InD 19.

Examples:

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

52 comments  ·  Others  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

This issue is fixed in the latest InDesign Prerelease Build - InDesign 2024 (19.1.0.037).

How to join InDesign Prerelease program:

Go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

* Sign-in with your Adobe ID (the Email ID associated with your Adobe account)

* Click Available Programs

* Find InDesign Prerelease and click Join

Please check if the issue stands resolved for you with this build and share your feedback.

--

Adobe InDesign team

2. Adobe InDesign 2024(v19.0) - Users are facing issues while scrolling using Trackpad/Touchpad

I have installed the upgrade to Adobe InDesign 2024 (build 19.0) while keeping version 2023 (build 18.5) and have encountered the following problem:

• After opening a document, the mouse scroll wheel does not seem to work (i.e. it is not possible to scroll up or down the contents of a page). However, this condition still works in InDesign version 2023.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue is fixed in the latest InDesign 19.2 Prerelease build – 19.2.0.46

If you are not already on the InDesign Prerelease program, you may join by doing the following:

* Go to https://www.adobeprerelease.com/
    * Sign in with your Adobe ID (Email address associated with your Adobe account)
    * Click Available Programs
    * Find InDesign Prerelease and click Join

Once you join, you will be able to see the latest InDesign Prerelease build in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application under the 'Prerelease' category.

--

Adobe InDesign team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base