Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
7735 results found
-
TEXT BOX FREEZE
I use indesign and for about a minute I can drag and move the text box the frame and select all the text within the box but soon it all freezes or locks all of a suddent i try to drag the box i cant, i try to size the box i cant, i try to select text I cannot only one word at a time,
I have attached a word link to the video I need help ASAP I have an assignment due FRIDAY 24th and I cannot solve this. I am using V.21.6 if that helps and It…
2 votes -
Minimised panels not expanding when file opened via Windows Explorer
Using Indesign 21.6 x64, and when InDesign is already running - when double clicking an indd file in Windows Explorer (to open the file in InDesign), the minimized panel icons I have as part of my custom workspace do not open when clicked.
I need to close InDesign and restart, then open the file from within InDesign and then these minimized panels will expand when clicked as expected. Even if all is working as expected (panels expanding on click because I opened file via InDesign), and then if I open a file from Windows Explorer all panels stop opening on…
1 vote -
InDesign 21.6 freezes for 5 seconds when placing images ONLY when offline on macOS
A severe 4-to-5 second application hang/freeze occurs every time a user attempts to place an image file while the Mac is disconnected from the internet. If the Mac is online, the lag disappears completely. This is a regression bug introduced in recent 21.x builds.Steps to Reproduce:Open Adobe InDesign v21.6 on macOS.Disconnect the computer from the internet (turn off Wi-Fi and unplug ethernet).Create a new, blank document.Press Cmd + D to place any standard image file (e.g., JPEG, PNG) stored on the local hard drive.Click on the document layout to place the graphic asset.
Expected Result:The image should place instantly onto…
2 votes -
text missing
Hi,
System:
MacBook Pro 16-inch (2021) Apple M1 Pro 16 GB RAM macOS Sonoma 14.6.1
InDesign 2026When I open this file in InDesign 2026, the document opens, but the text and graphics are not visible on several pages.
I don’t know when exactly this happened. I didn’t notice any crash, error message, or problem while saving the file.
What I have tried:
- Switched between GPU and CPU Preview — no change.
- Changed the display settings — no change.
- Opened the file in InDesign 2025. After conversion, some of the text and graphics become visible, but a lot of the…
1 vote -
Open PDF in InDesign not properly working when a vector image is present (.ai or .eps)
When we export a PDF from InDesign with the box "Preserve InDesign Editing Capabilities" checked, if we open the resulting PDF in InDesign, it is perfect, styles are preserved, guidelines, tables, Layers, Parent Pages... All is ok. (just as if a idml was included in the PDF)
However, as soon as we include a .ai or .eps anywhere in the InDesign file, the exported PDF can no longer be imported back in InDesign with all format. Styles are lost or are named "Paragraph1", "Paragraph2", no more guidelines, no more Parent Pages, tables are not like before...
We're trying again every…
2 votes -
split layout view doesn't work anymore
This morning, InDesign was updated (version 21.6), and the split layout view no longer works—or rather, it works only partially: the open document remains visible only on the left side, while the right side of the window is blank. I checked the zoom and page alignment, but nothing is visible.
I’m working on Windows 11. I have already tried the basic troubleshooting steps, including deleting the cache and preferences. I even uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign, but the issue still persists.1 vote -
Ctrl-Z isn't working. Neither is redo. SO frustrating. WTH. It is grayed out and I can not find out why INDD 21.5.1
Ctrl-Z isn't working. Neither is redo. SO frustrating. WTH. It is grayed out and I can not find out why INDD 21.5.1
1 vote -
Remove All AI (Artificial Intelligence) from Programs
To remove all AI features whether totally or at the very least the ability to manually turn off these settings. AI is a threat to everyone who pays for your services and it is a slap in the face you are forcing it upon us. True creativity is human and your attempts to recreate are an abomination.
5 votes -
freeze
InDesign freezes when clicking a menu item before it becomes highlighted
I have encountered a reproducible UI bug in the latest version of Adobe InDesign on macOS Sequoia.
The issue occurs when using the application menus:
- Open a menu (for example Layout).
- Move the mouse to a menu item, but click very quickly, before the item has had time to become highlighted/active.
- If the click lands in the area of the menu item while it is still not highlighted, InDesign may immediately become completely unresponsive.
- The application cannot be interacted with anymore and has to be force-quit (…
1 vote -
Undo completely greyed out and Command-Z will not work
As described^ even force quit the application and opened holding command+option+control+shift. This only allowed me to undo once before greying out the Undo button under Edit and failing to do anything when I clicked Command-Z. Is this part of the new software update?
Have InDesign v 21.5.1
1 vote -
21.5.1 crash on startup
21.5.1 crashes on startup on my Mac OS computer when it get to the point where it reads plug ins.
Intel Mac on MacOS 26.6.2 (25G83).
1 vote -
Bug: Span footnotes across columns does not print correctly via direct printing, only works via PDF export
InDesign 21.5.1
INFORME DE ERROR TÉCNICO (BUG REPORT) — ADOBE INDESIGN
Dirigido a: Adobe Systems Incorporated (InDesign Engineering & Development Team)
Asunto: Fallo crítico en el renderizado de impresión directa de notas al pie expandidas entre columnas (Span Footnotes Across Columns)
Estado: Error reproducible en entornos de producción
1. RESUMEN DEL PROBLEMA (SUMMARY)
Existe un fallo grave en el motor de impresión directa (Direct Print Engine) de Adobe InDesign al procesar marcos de texto multicolumna con la opción "Expandir notas al pie entre columnas" (Span Footnotes Across Columns) activada.
Al enviar el documento directamente a una…
1 vote -
fonts InDesign
I have one machine on Windows 11 and one on Windows 10 both on version 21.4 and the problem isn't fixed. I still get errors for the Calibri
1 vote -
InDesign 2026: CMYK objects on the pasteboard display darker with Overprint Preview or Separations Preview Body I am experiencing a displa
I am experiencing a display issue in InDesign 2026 when using Overprint Preview or Separations Preview.
CMYK objects placed on the pasteboard (outside the page) become significantly darker, while the same objects displayed inside the page remain correct.
The same document does not show this issue in InDesign 2025.
I have tested this issue in multiple versions of InDesign 2026:
Version 21.4.1.4
Version 21.5.1The same issue occurs in both versions.
Environment
Adobe InDesign 2026
Versions tested: 21.4.1.4 and 21.5.1
Mac mini M4 Pro
macOS Tahoe 26.6.2 (25G83)
Monitor: EIZO ColorEdge CX240
Connection: USB-C to DisplayPort
IssueI have CMYK…
-
%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%202026-09-11%2013.59.33.png 426 KB -
%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%202026-09-11%2014.04.46.png 394 KB -
%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%202026-09-11%2014.10.55.png 157 KB
2 votes -
-
Display
New release of Indesign does not allow for proper viewing of JPGs regardless of display mode, files are all properly linked. It's impossible to work without seeing any image imports.
1 vote -
InDesign 21.5.1 x64 freezes when using Content-Aware Fit from the Contextual Task Bar
InDesign 21.5.1 x64 often freezes after importing an image, especially when clicking the Content-Aware Fit button in the contextual task bar, as shown in the attachment.
1 vote -
Text moves or disappears when moving text frames
I am experiencing a serious issue with text frames in Adobe InDesign on Windows.
When I move a text frame on the page, the text inside the frame sometimes moves by itself, even though I am only moving the text frame and I am not modifying or resizing it.
Sometimes, the text completely disappears from the frame and InDesign displays the red “+” overset text indicator, as if the frame had suddenly become too small to contain the text, even though I did not resize the frame.
When this happens, I can use Ctrl + Alt + C (Fit Frame…
1 vote -
InDesign freezes when I insert an image.
Everytime I insert an image on InDesign, the system freezes and starts buffering endlessly. Return to work involves shutting InDesing and restarting the computer. It is a nightmare.
1 vote -
In Design bleibt immer hängen
Ich kann keine Dokumente mehr bearbeiten. Der Curser der Maus dreht immer blau im Kreis. Ich kann keine Texte mehr abändern. Habe InDesign Version 21.5.1. Es geht so seit 2 Wochen, habe ganze Installation deinstalliert und jetzt wieder installiert. Es nützt nichts.
2 votes -
InDesign 21.5.1 crashes or hangs midway through opening a document on Windows Server 2022
When attempting to open a document in Adobe InDesign, the loading progress bar reaches roughly 50% and then the application either freezes completely or crashes without showing an error message.
System Details:
OS: Windows Server 2022 Standard (Version 21H2 / Build 20348.5499)
InDesign Version: 21.5.1
Troubleshooting Already Attempted:
Manual Cache Deletion: Cleared the cache manually by removing files from the hidden %localappdata%\Adobe\InDesign folder.
Preference Reset Shortcut: Attempted to reset preferences on launch using Shift + Ctrl + Alt, but the confirmation dialog does not prompt at all.
Steps to Reproduce:
Launch Adobe InDesign v21.5.1.
Select and open the .indd document.…1 vote
- Don't see your idea?