Adobe InDesign: Bugs
When filing a new bug, please provide:
- Version of Adobe InDesign, InCopy or InDesign Server
- Steps to reproduce the issues
- Expected result
- Actual result
- Test file, screenshot, video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)
7733 results found
-
XML tagging with GREP
GREP is a great tool, but when we use GREP to highlight more than one character style in a paragraph there is an issue with the XML tagging tool.
Only the first GREP expression applies a character style that can be automatically tagged by character style. All further GREP expressions apply the character style but don't then go on to automatically tag by character style.
Currently we have to work around it with scripting, but it is a very strange bug to have.
1 vote -
Since the update to Mac OS High Sierra, Indesign and Illustrator just aren't as they used to be. Failing constantly.
Since the udate to Mac OS High Sierra, Indesign and Illustrator keep crashing and bugging. Lots of different errors. Many times telling you can't save. When updating a link in Illustrator, Indesign crashes when updating the link etc...
1 voteTo identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.
We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.
We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.
If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.
—
Adobe InDesign Team -
Outside aligned strokes are buggy
After outlining text, putting an outside or inside stroke on it produces odd results. It seems it aligns to the absolute outside of the object, rather than the edges like it does in other Adobe programs. I've attached an example of what adding an outside stroke to an outlined 'e' looks like in both Indesign and Ilustrator looks like. This seems to effect any object that has a section cut out.
5 votes -
cannot place XLSX table
I'm unable to place an Excel file/table. When I choose Place...select any Excel file (.xls or .xlsx) and check "Import Options":
- Options dialog appears, but no fields are selectable, except decimal places.
- Click OK, and I get nothing. No error message, and no content.If I place a file WITHOUT options, I get the content of the Excel NOT as a table, but as tab-delimited text. This is not acceptable, as the integrity of the table is lost when I "convert text to table." Where there are (supposed to be) empty cells, data from other cells appears where…
1 vote -
fonts appearing as distressed almost
Some fonts appear as distressed. Almost like there's a pattern overlay on them. It changes as you move the text box around on the screen. Doesn't export into pdf like this, only in active document (see blue text, I've included what appears in indesign and how it looks normally)
1 vote -
Incorrect transparency redering on screen
When I open a document that has a drop shadow applied, the shadow papers misplaced and distorted. If I turn the drop shadow off and on again, it fixed the issue. Also if I open a document that has an Outer Glow applied, it appears too opaque and too large. It seems that if I apply an Outer Glow to to the Object effect , save and close the document and reopen, somehow an Outer Glow is also applied to the Text effect. Other similar issues as well.
InDesign 13.0.1 (but was the same in 2017)1 vote -
adobe color theme
Version of Adobe InDesign : 13 Steps to reproduce the issues1 - create a new document
2 - Import or draw something
3 - Select element you want to move or made a snippet
4 - move them to the Adobe color Theme panel and drop.Expected result : a sound like other pannels Actual result : The Snippet code will be displayed in the Adobe Color Theme panel.3 votes -
interface small
Icons and font in indesign cc 2018 is too small
What about solving this issue
Thanks10 votesScalable UI feature is now available in InDesign 2022.
With this feature, you can scale the UI of InDesign and InCopy on both Mac and Windows.
—
Adobe InDesign team -
InDesign performance issue: New document window gives blank screen
Latest version of InDesign supplied by Creative Cloud installer on 64-bit Windows 10 PC.
Steps to reproduce:
1. File - New Document.
2. Bingo...Expected result:
A useful window with options to create a new document.Actual result:
A useless blank screen (see attached screenshot).18 votesHello All,
Thank you for reporting the issue to us.
We have fixed the issue in the latest version of InDesign, Id 15.0Please upgrade your InDesign application to the latest version to try out the fix.
If you face any problems with the new update, do let us know in the comments.
You may also follow the below given link for the list of all fixed issues in Id 15.0
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html-InDesign Team
-
Publish Online Incorrect German translation
Publish Online.
As reported in the forums:
In the "readerView" is a translation error in the "language-dropdown-content"
it should read "Deutsch" (without the "e" at the end)!!
"Deutsche" would be reffering to "several German people" not the German language. That is ALWAYS "Deutsch" only.
Looks weird for a "Deutsche" :-) Would be like reading "Englishes" as a language option...5 votes -
InDesign 13.0.1 Crashes when saving older documents
InDesign crashes when saving older documents to the newest version. Any suggestions? Fix?
1 voteTo identify the cause of this issue, we had started our investigation with the aim to resolve it. You might have also received email from us seeking more details to help in our investigation.
We’ve concluded our investigation and came up with the finding : Either the issue is fixed in the latest release of InDesign or the issue was intermittent in nature at the time of its reporting and is not reproducible now.
We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of InDesign 2020.0.1 (if you’re not already on it). It contains a lot of stability fixes.
If you still face this issue even after updating to the latest version of InDesign, please submit the crash report to us. (The guidelines to submit crash are available at (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html)
We seek your support in our continual effort to improve InDesign.
—
Adobe InDesign Team -
Error code 14: File cannot be opened - file from network storage is incompatible
My InDesign (2018) document is synced for offline use in Google Drive. (We've just begun using Google File Stream). I go to open the document with WIFI disabled and this error message appears (see attachment).
When I enable WIFI again, the document opens without issue.
I'd appreciate any help please! Thank you.2 votes -
Selection Toll
My Selection Tool, does not display properly and makes this wield yellow/green did like image. This means, I can not select objects properly and this is affecting the speed I'm working at.
Please Help!
2 votes -
Start Page is Blank on 30" Monitor
On my 30" Monitor, the ID start page is blank. When I make my workspace smaller, say closer to 27", the start page appears, showing me recent files, etc.
3 votes -
Table with Alternating Row Stroke
When using a table with alternating row strokes, the stroke between the first and second rows is always 1pt, not matter what the cell or table style is set to.
In this example, every other row of the body should be stroked at .5pt. Everything works except the first row, which is 1pt.
2 votes -
footnote
Does InDesign plan to update its footnote options so that a single column text can have 2-column footnotes at the bottom?
5 votes -
The book palette must be locked. (move the documents palette)
a momentary unwanted user error.
We should be able to move documents by option or command key.
To make a small correction before printing. We move accidentally while working on files. We do not notice this. It's printing like this.
1 vote -
InCopy Assignments Updates Crash InDesign
I have an InDesign book file housing several InDesign files that are news page documents with InCopy assignments. When I open the .indd files from the .indb file and a story has been updated (update links dialogue) when I click on "update links" InDesign crashes. I've clicked "don't update links" and it doesn't crash. However, when I go to the page that needs updating and I click update in the assignments panel, InDesign crashes.
This all happened before and after I reset my InDesign preferences.6 votesHi,
As confirmed by the user, The issue is resolved with the latest InDesign CC 2018(13.1.0.76).Regards
InDesign Team -
cannot click through InDesign to desktop or other apps after using Mission Control's window exposé feature in macOS
It seems that after using Mission Control to thumbnail all open windows, InDesign no longer allows me to click onto other application windows that I can see underneath InDesign. So If I click on any window or desktop item visible, I get caught switching to InDesign, almost as though there's an invisible window still open and becoming activated. I can be in another app, try to click to my desktop, and it'll switch over to InDesign instead.
Currently using InDesign CC v 13.0.1
macOS 10.12.6If I quit InDesign and relaunch, it'll work again for a while. I think until…
3 votes -
Printer configuration
Since the updates on Tuesday, January 23 2018, I am unable to print using my printer's fold and staple feature, which has never been a problem in the past. Also, I now have a notice that fonts are missing from my computer, and these are fonts I have used for several years.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?