1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4929 results found

1. Expand file name & exported file name instead of task bar in background task palette

In the background task palette the progress is shown by a growing bar plus a percentage number (double feature for what reason?).

But there is not enough space to display the full file name and the name of the exported file (screenshot 1). Even if you enlarge the palette (screenshot 2) the only change is a bigger progress bar – and no change within displaying the file names.

Yes, I know: the full file names are displayed when I do a mouseover, but expanding the fields of the file names if you expand the whole palette would be a small…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a Search field to the Scripts panel!

I have A LOT of scripts. I try to organize them by folders, but I still waste time looking for the right script. A SEARCH field, like in the Fonts panel, would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update the analytics feature on the Publish Online Dashboard so you can see all the individual analytics for each document

Currently on the overview you can see many analytics for all your documents combined, but on the document trends screen, only views and readers are available. It would be helpful to offer our clients more specific analytics.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share for Review - Option to select/highlight text

When an editor is reviewing the document it whould be verry nice to have the option to select a part of a sentence that has to be corrected. Now there is only the option to pin it or draw a shape.

The editor now had to select the text, make a Pin and paste the text that has to be changed in the review box and add the new text.

Ideal whould be to have the option when text is selected the interface makes a new notiation from the selected text and highlights it in the document.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Book synchronize feature does not synchronize color groups

Color groups are not synchronized via the book feature. I'm happy that the colors inside the group are not lost but placed "normal" on the first level of the color panel.

But to have all book files with the same order even at the color panel would be great. So please make synchronizing work correctly even at this tiny thing.

Thanks to Heike Burch for discovering this issue.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Space Before on Column Top checkbox

Currently the ‘Space Before’ value is ignored when that paragraph appears on the top of any container—frame/column.

There are innumerable occasions when we need the above space settings to be honoured even when the paragraph appears on the top of the column. We InDesigners resort to various antics and workaround like keeping an ‘Invisible Rule Above’ or use a character style with extra leading etc..

It is very easily solved by a simple checkbox in the Indents and Spacing tab just below ‘Space Before’ selection which says ‘Add Space Before on column top’. If checked, the value will always be…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Style hierarchy

It would be nice if you could easily see as one of the views of styles (paragraph, character, and object) a hierarchy of which styles are based on each other. Like a cascade of styles. I work on long documents and books that use LOTS of styles and besides the normal view and alphabetical view, it would be nice to be able to "sort" by hierarchy, perhaps with the swivel arrow, like when you have different styles in grouped folders. For instance, we have "text" and then "text left" and "text centered," and so on, but they are all based…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding an option to increase the anchor point handle size

Adding an option to increase the anchor point handle size, to make them easier to select

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to increase the size of Anchor Points, size of Direction Handles, and Bounding Box Display size was included in InDesign 2022 release.  

This option can be found in the Preferences dialog > User Interface Scaling. 

The size can be increased in 4 increments from Small to Large.  

-- Adobe InDesign team

9. Expose missing glyphs to scripting

It's very difficult to find missing glyphs with a script. There's a hack: look for glyph ID 0 in all the document's used font, but this hack is unreliable as it doesn't work in overset text.

To test whether a single character is a missing in its applied font you can (try to) convert it to outlines. That too is an ugly hack, and can't be used for longer stretches of text.

Please add a property to the Story object, say, missingGlyphs, so that the call

myStory.missingGlyphs

returns an array of glyphs missing in a story.

Thank you.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save All and Close All

Add a 'Save All' and 'Close All' to the File menu. Photoshop and other Adobe software have had this since the '90s, so why doesn't InDesign? It's inefficient to click on dozens of documents one at a time in order to save them and/or save and close them. Please emulate Photoshop as the ideal example.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reflowable EPUB Preview inside InDesign

The EPUB Interactivity preview panel is SO handy. Can we get one for reflowable epubs too (or add this feature to that one)? I would like to see the effects of chapter breaks, floats, image anchors, etc. within InDesign instead of the EPUB export dance all the time. BONUS if it can show me a preview that's roughly equivalent to a chosen preset like iBooks, Kindle, Nook, ADE, Overdrive, and so on.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  EPub  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Urgent support needed for .webp images in InDesign & Photoshop

With the latest MacOS update Safari is now allowing .webp images. As a design studio we do LOTS of moodboards, research docs etc. gathering 100s of images at a time. Now I realise half need to be manually resaved — and in Preview of all places because not only are they not supported in InDesign, but Photoshop either. Urgent help needed!!!! This is adding so much time to my day.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add New Tags for accessibility PDF creation

there are few default tags only available for export accessibility PDF, if we need to add "quote" tag there is no options please include.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Index - import topics

To be able to import file as a starting point to creating an index.

For example – I have a huge index to create and a seperate file with a list of all the individual entries (not a made up index, just a basic file with a list item on a new line). I want to be able to iport this document into the index panel and create topics from each item. As now I have to copy each item create a new entry paste then create it.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recognize GPU Performance on more systems

I have a 2013 MacPro with dual d500 GPU's and an Eizo CG277 Monitor...which is the pinnacle of graphic design monitors. I can't enable GPU performance?! Retina monitors do not have near the color accuracy of Eizos.
    My Eizo connects via thunderbolt 2 and USB...both at the same time. The bandwidth is definitely sufficient.
    It is ridiculous.... I have more than enough power, let me utilize it. Your requirements are not valid for professionals.

Please expand your list of GPU Performance systems beyond "Retina Monitors"

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sharable Publish Online Dashboard

I would like multiple users to be able to update on a single dashboard. We like the idea of being able to update an existing link instead of replacing it which can be a lot more work. Currently, if we link a published file to our website and only one person can update it that's a problem, for obvious reasons. The single file might be linked in multiple places and turn into a tedious workload.

I'm wishing for an upgrade for InDesign to do this and make this tool even more powerful, it will be awesome!!

Art

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CC Libraries and data merge

Please enable @datafields to work with asset names in CC libraries or at least open up the CC Libraries to scripting the way normal Libraries are. I have client assets spread over several libraries and the ability to add them programatically on/after a datamerge in some way would be invaluable.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Assign paragraph style depending on odd/even page

It would be nice to assign a paragraph style automatically depending on the “value” of a odd or even page? So you can for example make some styles have more margin at the right or left side, depending on odd or even.

Of course you can apply this with different paragraph style, but when a new page appears in the middle of a large document it would be very nice if this can go automatically.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Complex spread layout and spread containing 10+ pages

We do a lot of large format printing. In some cases we have large displays arranged in rows and columns. Unfortunately it's not possible to arrange pages of a spread in rows and columns like in Illustrator.

I could create a large page and freely arrange smaller pages inside the large page, but that's very limited, because all pages need to be part of the same spread—and spreads itself are limited to 10 pages.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Data Merge - Pdf:{page number}

While performing a data merge, it would be nice to be able to include in my csv filename.pdf:{page number} (ie myfile.pdf:3) And have Indesign return the mentioned page in an image. Currently if I link a multi-page pdf, it will only show the first page.

Currently I have to break apart a pdf into individual pages to use as images in a data merge.

See row 2 in the attached for what it would be nice to have.
    The other rows are examples of what is currently required.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base