How can we improve InDesign?

Add Australian dictionary to Indesign

Please add Australian Dictionary to Indesign. It was once doable but complicated to add the Hunspell dictionary to Indesign with earlier versions but now is impossible as the files that need changes are locked. I'm sure you have thousands of Australian users paying about $900 per year. This is a fix that I would have thought would only take five minutes to do

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thom Blake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, there are a lot of large organisations in Australia needing to use InDesign with Australia English and its just becomes annoying having to go back to word or other programs to double check spelling.

• Thom Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - I am an OZ user of Indesign since 2008 - that's ten years of use - and not having an Australian dictionary has been frustrating. So please do. And to reiterate Australian English is not the same as UK English - there are plenty of distcinct differences

• Paul George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a long time user of InDesign, (v1) this has been a constant frustration for me.
        While we can't stop US English being introduced by stealth (code, html, etc.), there is, as Colin Flashman indicated in his well reasoned and well written article, Australian English and UK English are not exactly the same.
        This probably isn't hard to fix Adobe.. Demonstrate a little support for a country of early adopters that are paying about $900 per year to use your apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base