How can we improve InDesign?

Convert PDF to INDD

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can edit PDF's read images and text, and it is possible to edit, so why is this function not available in Adobe Indesign? Indesign has more control and the only feature that will needed to be added is detecting strokes/filled objects converting filled lines or shapes to one to the other.

140 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AnthonyMuscaWork shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on Adobe isn't it about time you created the ability to covert PDF directly into Indesign and it be editable instead of us all having to buy an external add in, one we can ill afford! Why are you taking so long?

I'm here in 2019 any progress yet?? this seems like a must even if its a separate app on the creative cloud and not implemented into Indeign..

Has anyone even got another solution other than paying £200 for a plugin

• Petru Strimbeanu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tryed yesterday the PDF2ID plugin. My InDesign started to work very slow, converted one simple PDF, a chart, about 2 minutes. So, for me, it's not usable. Voted for this request, I think it's a must have.
    We need a way ti import some vector graphics as a native InDesign format.

• Louisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE. It seems rather silly that this isn't part of the program already.

Please make it possible to convert a PDF file to an InDesign file from Acrobat or make it possible to directly open a PDF in InDesign and make it editable!!!!

I agree totally, adobe should have its own plugin to convert pdf to indesign and make it editable.

Please make it possible to convert a PDF file to an InDesign file from Acrobat or make it possible to directly open a PDF in InDesign and make it editable. PLEASE DO IT SOOOONNNN!!!

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I join the other voices in saying, WOW, the ability to open a PDF created by InDesign can't be opened by InDesign?!? And it's in backlog as of July 10, 2018. Didn't Adobe move to a cloud platform and subscription service in 2013 to keep innovation and updates happening in a timely fashion? Five years and no integration and innovation between Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe InDesign? It seems like something that should have been worked on from day one of the "Creative Suite" creation.

I actually purchased InDesign so that I could copy edit documents. Now it's basically been a complete waste as this issue wasn't flagged when I browsed the programme. I should have checked. Most designers save docs as .pdfs and as copy editors, we need to unlock those docs and edit them. Frustrating.

Please make it possible to convert a PDF file to an InDesign file from Acrobat or make it possible to directly open a PDF in InDesign and make it editable.

• Roxane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make this possible! Direct convert PDF file to InDesign file from Acrobat or direct open a PDF file in InDesign would really save time and quality for sure! I don't want to have to pay a third party company to switch formats that belong to the same company anymore!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base