1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select All Across Pages

PLEASE create an option to select all objects or text over the entire document instead of just the page/spread you're on. Making a universal change to the document, such as outlining the type is such a pain having to manually change from page to page. I've seen MULTIPLE threads online for the past 8 years of people requesting this, and it hasn't been resolved.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable utilization of graphics card

Why doesn't InDesign utilize my expensive graphics card? ****** performance surrounding display quality, and other performance issues. This software is much too expensive to be without GPU acceleration. This impacts thousands of user's daily workflow, wasting time we could be spending on design and inspiration research.

Before you release new, useless features that barely work, how about doing some real improvements to the software. Make InDesign (and the rest of the suite) properly utilize our expensive graphics cards.

In the meantime, (or nevertime, as it seems to be) be very clear in the hardware requirements that a graphics card is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. EXPORT JPG NAMED BY PAGE SIZE

Dear Adobe,
    it would be very usefull if we could export jpgs from indd. file (contains different page sizes, 1200x628, 760x600, etc..) named by different page sizes like you did with export PDF files.
    Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. export location

Please please include a tick box in the preferences that allows exporting to the same location as the indesign file you're exporting. I work in a busy studio and I'm constantly having to re-route where I'm exporting my files it's SO frustrating!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ColorManagement - Switch while opening a file (New-Option to choose Preset, or use File-CMM or convert)

Hallo Adobe-team,

ich hatte gerade eine Idee, was eine coole neue Funktion von Indesign, Illustrator und Co werden könnte.

Derzeit habe ich viele Jobs aus dem Print und Webbereich ... Schnell ein Dokument geöffnet und dann zu spät bemerkt, dass ich noch nicht auf das richtige Farbmanagement-Preset umgestellt hatte. Mist.

Das passiert mir mindestens gefühlte 10mal täglich und nervt dann irgendwann.

Nun die Idee:
    Wie wäre es, wenn der User beim Öffnen nicht nur die Option zur Konvertierung in einen anderen Farbraum hätte, sondern zusätzlich auch die Option das Farbmanagement des Dokumentes zu übernehmen oder ein entsprechendes voreingestelltes Preset zu…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to search child folders when using Relink to Folder

Have a checkbox that tells indesign to also search child folders when using the "Relink to Folder" feature. To keep it from searching too far, you could also include a box to specify how many "layers" down to check.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change message in home screen

Change from "When in doubt, make a layout." to "When it doubt, lay it out." It flows better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select objects with similar stroke and/or fill color

Please add feature to select objects with similar stroke and/or fill color.

This has already been in Illustrator for quite awhile (to my knowledge). This would be good feature to have in InDesign also.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make the footnote continue in the whole document rather than linked textframes

Let the footnote be continues in one document irrelevant to the text frames are linked or not

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Preferences | Spelling... Add Find Option to Ignore Check Spelling on Master Pages and Pasteboard

Please add an option under Preferences | Spelling... Add Find Option to Ignore Check Spelling on Master Pages and Pasteboard.

This should be a Preferences feature under Spelling that can be turned on and off. I see that other people have asked for a similar feature so it's definitely a popular ask.

I'm a design professional and I create and use templates for a large corporation's various product marketing teams. Even with the best editors typos will slip through so it would be nice to be able to run a quick spell check on a document. Unfortunately, a quick spell…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color overlay FX

Right now Indesign has almost every effect as Photoshop, except Color Overlay.

Please add the Color Overlay effect to Indesign.

Aside from the obvious benefits, this feature would make changing the color of bitmap fonts so much easier than having to recolor them in photoshop, and import them as images into indesign.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export to tiff/psd

One, very obvious feature is missing form indesign: export document to tiff. This feature should allow exporting all pages to separate tiff/psd files, preferably with preserved layers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. InDesign to support Multiple User Editing

I am not talking about InCopy or any of its features. At the company I work for, we have to create all of our print documents in PowerPoint because our graphic design team collaborates so heavily with the Sales staff. Because of this, we use PowerPoint's live editing feature to collaborate with filling in content, formatting, and designing. It would be significantly easier and better if there was a multi-user function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Returning to the import options tab

I would like a quick shortcut to return to the import options tab for an already imported file! This would save me a lot of time!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Compare 2 indd files

It is difficult to compare very huge indd files.
    It will be very useful if we are able to compare 2 indd files with minute precision including the styles, tags applied to text etc.
    A report should be generated of the change or atleast an UI where the differences can be compared between the 2 documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live link Microsoft word documents when placed in InDesign

When working with lots of teams and writers in our organisation. the constant issue we run into is only a select group of people have InDesign and the experience to operate the files. If there was a way when placing word documents were linked into InDesign, this would allow for a much more fluid workflow when there are a lot of edits.

I am sure there are many limitations to this, but finding some sort of solution could make a big difference to creating quality documents that will allow non indesign users access. InCopy is not a viable option in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3Dconnecxion SpaceMouse Support

Please send request to 3Dconnexion company (www.3dconnexion.com), and ask them to add support for their SpaceMouse on InDesign. They wrote me the request should come from you. They already support Photoshop & Acrobat.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Same Features like Affinity Publisher and Photo

I wish to have similar features on InDesign as it is possible with Affinity.

- Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign merge to one programm
    - Much faster handling (zooming, starting programm,
    - Simpler interface
    - and so much more

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. One-click, easy install for Hunspell dictionaries

Please, please make the adding of Hunspell language dictionarys easier.

Have just added a Hunspell language dictionary to InDesign. Wow! What a difficult un-user friendly process. I had to Google to find the baffling instuctions and followed the lengthy guide on InDesignSecrets website.

It's not just me that finds the whole thing so complicated - the InDesignSecrets instructions end with the following words -
    "I never expected installing Hunspell dictionaries to be such an ordeal. And I can understand if these instructions have scared you off. But if you’ve made it all the way down here, you’re obviously need to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple footnote referencing

I thought of a way to implement multiple references to the same footnote without breaking HTML links between footnotes.

You could allow for the creation of multiple footnote links from the text into footnotes that point to the same footnote, with a sequence of different secondary designations. For example, footnote 1a, 1b, 1c... all could point to Footnote 1. Then, in the footnote, you could open with 1 a b c ..., with the different letters providing alternate linkbacks to the other places in the text.

This is how Wikipedia handles multiple referencing to the same citation, so there's precedent.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base