How can we improve InDesign?

Integrate Macbook Pro Touchbar with InDesign

Hi!

I love Adobe InDesign and use it everyday for work. I recently upgraded to a Macbook Pro with a touchbar. Photoshop and Illustrator both support the customized touchbar feature and it is super efficient and awesome to have many tools right there on the touchbar.

As someone who uses InDesign more than the above mentioned adobe programs, I would LOVE to be able to use the touchbar feature in InDesign as well!

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jenny McDonald shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • lili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it will be available for the launch of the new Mac Pro with 500$ added of courses ;)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see features that require a click but are not well suited (in my opinion) to keyboard shortcuts, such as color swatches, align/distribute, and maybe those transform anchor point controls, though I'm not sure how.

• David B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry @inAdobitably, I clicked accidentally on the page and flagged your post as inappropriate! Oops… Adobe, please remove that flag.

I like the idea of adding features to the Touch Bar… but what features do you think they should add?

• inAdobitably commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love this feature, especially with emojis (really symbols and accented letters...aka glyphs) available in the Touch Bar as they are in other programs with text entry on the Mac.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I don't get it. Photoshop and Illustrator have been integrated into the touchbar. Yet InDesign hasn't and that for me is one of my main Adobe application to work with.

And another thing, can we add features or change the touchbar within the application. Everything else is adaptable, so why isn't this feature?

Feedback and Knowledge Base