2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4922 results found

1. Be able to set a keyboard shortcut for everything in menus

Duplicate spread isn't an option for something you can set a keyboard shortcut for (which I would use all the time if it was!) and I notice that a lot of other ones aren't options either

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Type and select style from drop down list

Need to type and select the style from the drop down list. Currently we need to find and select the style using mouse scrolling. It will take time when we have lots of paragraph, character styles in InDesign document. Do this for all the drop down list available in InDesign palette. For example, we need to delete a style and replace with another style.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Blending mode shortcut

Its been so many years since blending mode exist… and InDesign still not support shortcut for them, when PS & AI all have many ways to customise them already… In InDesign, there's just no way to even add a shortcut for them. the only fast way to sort of fast skimming them is by hovering mouse on the blend mode name, but this is not very precise and not very easy to control, not to mention it creates a lot of history step to undo (which is another bug: if you scroll all the way up and selected luminosity, keep…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Organise Black Document Presets

I would like to organise the Black Document Presets by dragging and dropping them into the position that I want. This would save time because I never use the four top presets.

I would use this feature by dragging A4, A5 and A3 to the top of the list so I don't need to click on View All Presets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Inserire in basso a destra il formato esatto della pagina in corso.

Inserire in basso a destra il formato esatto della pagina in corso. Dato che ora è possibile avere una discordanza tra il formato dato al documento e quello che invece si può cambiare con "Strumento Pagina" Maiuscolo+P, che non viene segnalato da nessuna parte se non con lo strumento, sarebbe molto utile che il formato pagina fosse sempre presente oppure fosse possibile metterlo al posto di verifica preliminare

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. InDesign potrebbe estrarre SOLO le FONT senza fare il "pacchetto" che richiede più tempo.

InDesign potrebbe estrarre SOLO le FONT senza fare il "pacchetto" che richiede più tempo. Ci vorrebbe un comando che dica: estrai Font, semplice semplice. Il problema font è sempre sentito dato che ci sono troppe font e alcuni ne mettono di ogni in un solo documento.. anche della stesso tipo. Esempio l'Helvetica: inseriscono Helvetica Neue, poi l'Helvetica LT perchè nn hanno la versione light (esempio). Quindi l'utilie sarebbe avere l'estrai Font del documento ed anche l'estrai famiglia intera di font (così se uno ha bisogno i lbold di quella famiglia nn deve necessariamente attivarne un altra che ha ...).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New "Justification Auto-Correct" Feature

Justification, while pleasing to the eye from the perspective of an entire page, creates problems. Hyphenation can correct this, to some degree, but it too has its problems. In the end, when justifying text, certain lines of text end up being scrunched while many others leave wide open spaces between words.

In doing my best to correct for these problems, I tend to make most use of the horizontal scale feature. I often find that most of these visual blemishes (scrunching or overly-wide word spacing) can be corrected by either reducing the horizontal scale down to about 97% (in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make PDF Commenting Panel consistent and better designed

1. In one place in the panel, it's called Accept. In the flyout menu, it's called "Apply Auto Edit."

2. Why did we suddenly start calling the checkbox "Resolve"? I know that's the term that Acrobat uses, but it's confusing. Especially, when it's located alongside a word called "Accept." You're making users try to figure out new nomenclature when the old words worked just fine.

3. The icons on the left of the panel are way too subtle. In Acrobat, they are color coded. Replace text is blue. Strikethrough text is red. Sticky notes are yellow. Underlines are green. Why can't we have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need to duplicate Type's Name in the Buttons and Forms - we need to to duplicate large number of these with the same Type Name

Often we need to to duplicate large number of Buttons and Forms and need Type Name duplicated. This is so when we generate interactive pdf file, these can be filled automatically with the same same. Please help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remember the view pages preference (alternate layout/vert/horiz) for documents

I go back and forth a lot working with documents with alternate layouts and those without. It would be helpful if the page view preference is saved along with the document instead of switching back and forth manually.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Spelling & Grammer included in Preflight Report

Would it be possible to enhance the prelight report features to include spelling & grammar checks so you could go through the report with page numbers references instead of having to click through each misspelt word individually .... for long documents this is a real problem as a lot of the instances of acronyms and named places currently get picked up which are not actually misspelt words ...

Currently, this can be achieved with purchase of plugin suite from Mindstream - http://www.mindsteam.com/products/mindsuitepro/index.html

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make font preview display filtered weights properly

I'm attempting to preview all san-serif, heavy weight, regular width fonts. While the filter shortens the list of fonts in the preview window, when I use the arrow keys to see my live preview I am getting only light weight previews. If I want to see the heavy weight version, I have to pop open each font group and select the heavier weight version. What gives? This is such a basic idea... please show me ONLY bold, heavy, extra, etc. Don't show me light weight previews when I am filtering for heavy weight. This limitation makes live preview almost useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Text and Type  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Importing raw files

If importing feature raw files will possible, Photographers and layout artists are be happy for a very long time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to delete/remove/manage Recent files from the Start panel.

I archive completed projects, but still have to wade through the empty icons in the Recent files list. It would be nice to right-click > Remove the icons. It must be a simple JDI thing! :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bring master page "to front"

I wanted to know if there's a way to use the auto page number feature on top of images. I'm creating a children's book that has images on all the pages. I want to number the pages, but since it sits on the master page, it's always behind the images. Is there a way to bring master page items to the front without breaking the link to their auto-ness?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bigger preview in Import pdf panel

It is hard to see the PDF preview in the Import PDF panel.
    It would be great if you could choose the size of the thumbnail or adjust the size of the entire panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sharable Publish Online Dashboard

I would like multiple users to be able to update on a single dashboard. We like the idea of being able to update an existing link instead of replacing it which can be a lot more work. Currently, if we link a published file to our website and only one person can update it that's a problem, for obvious reasons. The single file might be linked in multiple places and turn into a tedious workload.

I'm wishing for an upgrade for InDesign to do this and make this tool even more powerful, it will be awesome!!

Art

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. InCopy should have a mobile app

Microsoft word has an app for android which can be used to write ideas while away from the computer and then open up the same file on the desktop for editing. InCopy should have the same functionality with a mobile app that can open or create an icml file to type a story. It wouldn't require any editing, only the bare bones so ideas don't get forgotten.
    Thank you

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  InCopy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add and option to auto-convert RGB images to CMYK in Indesign, instead of doing it in Photoshop

When we package any file from Indesign, we many times need to make sure, that all images are in CMYK color profile before sending it to printer. We get warnings if images aren't in CMYK, but it would be nice to have an option to auto-convert all images to CMYK, instead of individually going in Photoshop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base