2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4915 results found

1. Thank You.

Here’s something you might not hear often. Thank you. This new uservoice setup for logging bugs and suggestions is awesome. So many great constructive ideas on here and you do a good job implementing the popular ones. Unlike other apps that seem totally oblivious to user feedback (looking at you, Acrobat!), indesign has been getting genuinely better with every recent update. It’s exciting to see new user-recommended features put in place. Please continue listening to popular feedback requests and avoid changing things just for the sake of change (looking at you again, Acrobat).

PS Can you go over to whatever…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Scratch Disk option

Give InDesign a Scratch Disk option like Photoshop and Illustrator. It consumes far too much memory and runs too slowly on Windows 7.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the

Hello,

In Indesign, it would be interesting in the 'text block' to have the option 'Adapt the text to the block'. The option exists for the image block 'to adapt the image to the block proportionally' to adapt this option to the 'text block' would be a saving of time and the possibility to automate a good number of works. For example, to change from A6 to A5 via the linked article system it works great with the image block and not at all with the text block. The only possibility of action with the 'Text block' is to enlarge…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  amaarora responded

Hi,
    Please see if using the “Free transform tool” solves your purpose
    Just select the object, switch to the Free Transform tool, and place your cursor over one of the corner or side points. When you see the double-headed arrow, drag.

-Thanks

4. Missing Link, Copy Path in Link Info - Path:

Under the LINKS in Link Info, the Path:(s) Location we should be able to select and copy to ease relocating and relinking missing files

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. command "delete hidden layers"

a function/command "delete hidden layers" (all hidden layers with one click/command) should be timesaving …!

Like in Photoshop CC "Ausgeblendete Ebenen löschen".

Thank You.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it one-click to disable USA English across all documents, existing and yet to be created.

Every new document I create defaults to USA English which is time-consuming to change for everyone who does not use this variation of UK English. Please make it a button on the 'New document' window to select default language, and please make it a tick-box in preferences. It could be worded like this for example 'What is your preferred default language?" and then a drop down. Then every document I open will automatically have the correct dictionary applied without any further time spent. Many thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove Adobe Stock ads

There is an ad for Adobe Stock at the bottom of the open/new document window. Since we have a paid subscription , I don't want to see any ads. If not, I'll move us to another product. The constant appearance makes it seem as though Adobe is only concerned about increasing revenue and not about helping users or aiding in their experience. This area could be used for InDesign tips and tricks.

By the way, I was told this was a feature, but it's a paid feature that I don't want or need to see, since we'll never use this…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow batch renaming of CC Library items

I would like to be able to batch rename items in my CC library. For example search for all items with "_sym" in them and delete that part of the name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Master Pages to be Marked so that Page Numbering Ignores Them

Sometimes my documents have pages that don't count as pages when it comes to page numbering but I can't set exceptions to Master Pages so that they are not included.

I can restart the numbering manually using exiting tools, but the numbers are rendered incorrect if any pages are moved. Having the ability to mark a Master Page as "don't include this page for numbering purposes" would be very useful.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update Live Caption

add to Object Style

create Live Caption styles; create a panel for easy application

make it possible to rotate caption when on side

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to set a keyboard shortcut for everything in menus

Duplicate spread isn't an option for something you can set a keyboard shortcut for (which I would use all the time if it was!) and I notice that a lot of other ones aren't options either

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Type and select style from drop down list

Need to type and select the style from the drop down list. Currently we need to find and select the style using mouse scrolling. It will take time when we have lots of paragraph, character styles in InDesign document. Do this for all the drop down list available in InDesign palette. For example, we need to delete a style and replace with another style.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Blending mode shortcut

Its been so many years since blending mode exist… and InDesign still not support shortcut for them, when PS & AI all have many ways to customise them already… In InDesign, there's just no way to even add a shortcut for them. the only fast way to sort of fast skimming them is by hovering mouse on the blend mode name, but this is not very precise and not very easy to control, not to mention it creates a lot of history step to undo (which is another bug: if you scroll all the way up and selected luminosity, keep…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Organise Black Document Presets

I would like to organise the Black Document Presets by dragging and dropping them into the position that I want. This would save time because I never use the four top presets.

I would use this feature by dragging A4, A5 and A3 to the top of the list so I don't need to click on View All Presets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inserire in basso a destra il formato esatto della pagina in corso.

Inserire in basso a destra il formato esatto della pagina in corso. Dato che ora è possibile avere una discordanza tra il formato dato al documento e quello che invece si può cambiare con "Strumento Pagina" Maiuscolo+P, che non viene segnalato da nessuna parte se non con lo strumento, sarebbe molto utile che il formato pagina fosse sempre presente oppure fosse possibile metterlo al posto di verifica preliminare

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. InDesign potrebbe estrarre SOLO le FONT senza fare il "pacchetto" che richiede più tempo.

InDesign potrebbe estrarre SOLO le FONT senza fare il "pacchetto" che richiede più tempo. Ci vorrebbe un comando che dica: estrai Font, semplice semplice. Il problema font è sempre sentito dato che ci sono troppe font e alcuni ne mettono di ogni in un solo documento.. anche della stesso tipo. Esempio l'Helvetica: inseriscono Helvetica Neue, poi l'Helvetica LT perchè nn hanno la versione light (esempio). Quindi l'utilie sarebbe avere l'estrai Font del documento ed anche l'estrai famiglia intera di font (così se uno ha bisogno i lbold di quella famiglia nn deve necessariamente attivarne un altra che ha ...).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New "Justification Auto-Correct" Feature

Justification, while pleasing to the eye from the perspective of an entire page, creates problems. Hyphenation can correct this, to some degree, but it too has its problems. In the end, when justifying text, certain lines of text end up being scrunched while many others leave wide open spaces between words.

In doing my best to correct for these problems, I tend to make most use of the horizontal scale feature. I often find that most of these visual blemishes (scrunching or overly-wide word spacing) can be corrected by either reducing the horizontal scale down to about 97% (in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make PDF Commenting Panel consistent and better designed

1. In one place in the panel, it's called Accept. In the flyout menu, it's called "Apply Auto Edit."

2. Why did we suddenly start calling the checkbox "Resolve"? I know that's the term that Acrobat uses, but it's confusing. Especially, when it's located alongside a word called "Accept." You're making users try to figure out new nomenclature when the old words worked just fine.

3. The icons on the left of the panel are way too subtle. In Acrobat, they are color coded. Replace text is blue. Strikethrough text is red. Sticky notes are yellow. Underlines are green. Why can't we have…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base