1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Thank you.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4929 results found

1. Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters

Full support to Mongolian vertical LTR and reading its font open type feature to combine characters. Currently using Mongolian Baiti or Noto Sans Mongolian fonts the characters in the words do not connect to the correct initial, medial or final forms. Only isolated forms are displayed. We tried any current settings but the characters do not combine. Is there a function to do this? We have not found any plug-ins so far. Perhaps it could be that the open type tables are not read which may be one reason for this. See the attached IndDesign file

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Paragraph Borders and Shading - Keep in Frame

I use a P Style for a Tip paragraph in my Quick Reference Cards (QRC). The Tip is typically one or two sentences, and has a light shading (light grey) with a top and bottom blue border. I use a similar style for Warnings, except I change the borders to red. Occasionally, the Tip/Warning falls at the top or bottom of a column, and the Border, and sometimes the Shading, lands outside the text frame.

Can we have a "Keep in Frame" for Borders and Shading, similar to the one for P Rules? David Blatner had a great workaround when…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Accessibility—PDF Export Preset

In PRINT PDF export options, we have the option of saving settings as JobOptions which can be selected in the future from a drop-down menu.

Need the same capability in INTERACTIVE PDF export options, too.

And we also need preset for accessibility from both PRINT and INTERACTIVE PDF exports, one that ships and installs with InDesign and PDF Maker (MS Office) to automatically set the options for tagging and tab order.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Syncing Workspaces and Preferences

This use to be here but doesnt seem to be around anymore. When I would access Indesign on another computer using the same account info, my workspace and preferences would always carry over. In the last year or so, this doesnt happen anymore and I cant figure out why. I cant find an answer online about it either so my guess is that it was removed. Can you bring this back? Thanks!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Find/Change: search multiple formats, NOT & OR options, multiple changes, drop-downs

I work with books, some of them very long and complex. Because I'm strict about styles and consistency, and because the authors rarely are, I have to use Find/Change a lot. It is by far the part of InDesign that I find most lacking.

1. Instead of clicking to get to find format or change format options, pick from drop-down(s) right there on the F/C dialog. At least for styles (but ideally also for fonts, swatches, etc.).

2. Search multiple styles at once (but not all styles, as happens when you don't select one in the find format area). For example: find…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to apply several types of footnotes in one story.

Ability to apply several types of footnotes in one thread.

E.g
    Numbering with stars for autor footnotes, Arabic numeration for editorial footnotes and numbering footnotes referring to poetry verse number

etc.

Ability to reset numbering after selected paragraph style without having to create a section.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. column rules length option to set frame-based

I want the option to make the length of the column rules always the same as when there is no text.
    Currently, the length of a column rule changes with the amount of text, but I want an option that always makes this frame-based. This is the same as drawing with no text in the text frame.
    See Discussion,
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/%E6%AE%B5%E9%96%93%E7%BD%AB%E7%B7%9A%E3%81%8C%E5%86%85%E5%8C%85%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%81%84%E3%82%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E8%A1%8C%E3%81%AB%E6%BA%96%E3%81%98%E3%81%A6%E3%81%97%E3%81%BE%E3%81%84%E3%81%BE%E3%81%99/m-p/10724655

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  amaarora responded

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are reviewing it

-InDesign Team

8. Enable slanted headers in tables

Right now, in order to create a "slanted" header for tables (see attached graphic) you either have to create a separate table and slant the entire object, or create a slanted effect by using lines and text boxes. It would be great if there was an option to slant the entire row of text in a table.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto update the Table of Contents when saving or PDF'ing

Currently you have to REMEMBER to update your TOC before you export to a final PDF (or before a final print). It would be helpful if it updated automatically upon saving or maybe include it as an option in the Adobe PDF presets, checked by default together with "View PDF after exporting" etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add full fullscreen/splitscreen support for Mac OSX

OSX has a fullscreen/splitscreen mode, integrated into their Spaces (desktop view dedicated to one app only) support in almost any app.

Acrobat (!) already added this fullscreen support.
    The classical design workflow would be greatly improved if InDesign (and most other CC apps) would support this native OSX feature.

Especially corrections, copying text, comparing artwork and final lay-out, switching apps, would go much faster, with less switching of views, apps, moving windows around etc…

On a MacBook, this would make all Adobe apps much more useful. I (and many others) do not want to pay for a second monitor, only…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add global level or book level text variables.

It would be nice to have book level text variable(s) that is used in documents in that book.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Interactive/Button and Forms/PDF Options - Add Text Field option for flush left, centered or flush right

Text Fields are all flush left. Add an option to make them flush left, centered or flush right. I create interactive PDFs. Every time I export to a PDF, I open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro and have to manually change Prepare Form/Text Field Properties/Options/Alignment to the desired alignment to "centered" or "flush right" since the default is "flush left." This option would be a great time saver and save on my frustration.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve Title Case

When sentence case is added to the paragraph styles panel, please add a place where we can list a set of words to be omitted if they appear after the first word. For example: and, the, a, an.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Styles  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. publish online accessibility

Since the web has accessibility standards and guidelines, the documents created and hosted online using Publish Online should follow those guidelines, at least the most basic parts.

For example, a screen reader cannot read out any text on the pages because all the text is embedded into images. This makes the documents unusable for anybody with vision difficulties.

Please consider adding an option to create these files with the actual text saved as HTML paragraphs, headers, lists, anchors, etc. This would make it suitable for the web and much more appealing.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make Spell Check and Find/Change operate in page order rather than chronological order of text box creation

Find/Change and Spell Check seem to function in a random way (they actually search through text boxes in the order in which the boxes were created in the document). In a large document a user can become very confused about how much of the document is searched, especially if he makes changes mid-search.

It would be much more user friendly if the functions would operate in a page by page order.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add .psb file format to standard importable files

Please add the .psb file format to the list of standard importable/placable files. it's the only format Photoshop allows after a certain image size, and i use it quite often when designing big print items that are several square meters in size.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Gradient Angle should be saved in Swatches

Colour gradients can only be saved linearly without angles.
    It would be nice if the angle could also be saved in the colour gradient, especially for texts and lines.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it obvious in the Page palette when a page dimension has been changed with the Page tool

In a multi-page doc, it is not obvious when the dimensions of individual pages have been changed with the Page tool.

This can waste time or at worst be disastrous if a document at the wrong size is inadvertently sent to print.

I suggest some kind of colour tint or bright border to page thumbnails to clearly identify when a page dimension has changed from the document’s core dimensions.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export PDF comments

InDesign 2019 -- PDF comment import works fine, however what is the point if I cant then export back to PDF for further review and INCLUDE those comments?

Seems like the import PDF comments without including them in the export to PDF is an incomplete feature.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show Import Options when Dragging File from Finder

When Placing a file, there is an option to show Import Options. This is helpful for inserting a select range of pages. It would be helpful if this same option was available when dragging a PDF file from my Desktop/Finder. Often times, I will have my finder window open which contains my projects home directory. Simply dragging the PDF into the InDesign document is much quicker than having to go through the process of locating in File->Place route.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base